Trump Takes Credit For Ending The Pandemic!

This is right out of the totalitarian handbook.

“Yesterday the White House science office – and this stunned me – put out a statement listing ending the COVID-19 pandemic as the top accomplishment of President Trump’s first term, at the very moment when infection rates are going up in almost every state of our union,” Biden said on Wednesday.

<snip>

The Trump administration statement came in a press release from the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, which was accompanied by a 62-page report detailing scientific highlights during Trump’s tenure as president.

We're way down the rabbit hole now, folks. That I can tell you.
Oh you didn't hear?.....We have this thing beat....deaths are way down and even the elderly with comorbidities are surviving...the adverse effects of covid are diminishing with each contagion....which means it is weakening....my grandson caught it and never had one symptom besides a lack of taste for a few days....same with all of his friends at his school.....his teacher...67 years old caught it and was over it in two days just like Trump....so yes besides the blue city and state lockdowns for political reasons its beaten.....

“Yesterday the White House science office – and this stunned me – put out a statement listing ending the COVID-19 pandemic as the top accomplishment of President Trump’s first term, at the very moment when infection rates are going up in almost every state of our union,” Biden said on Wednesday.

<snip>

The Trump administration statement came in a press release from the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, which was accompanied by a 62-page report detailing scientific highlights during Trump’s tenure as president.

that's totally in line with his other "accomplishments". he should celebrate on an ac carrier.

Donald needs another MAGA Hat ... Mission Accomplished - Gazillions Annihilated :cool:

george-w-bush-declares-mission-accomplished.jpg

Already a thread. And that is not what was said. Other thread I took an image of what it said.

They may have changed the wording due to the laughter and backlash. But that's what it said originally and they even had the balls to list it first!

1. Ending the covid-19 pandemic

Listing “ending the Covid-19 pandemic” as an accomplishment would be even more audacious than listing “Iron Man” as your job position on LinkedIn. At least, you could be Robert Downey, Jr., a triathlete, or really good at removing wrinkles from clothes. On the other hand, unless the pandemic has really ended (it hasn’t) and you yourself actually clearly did something to end the pandemic, saying that you ended the pandemic would be like the waistband on some really worn underwear: a bit of a stretch.​
The press release included a quote from Ivanka Trump, listed as an Advisor to the President. Because, after all, when you think of science and technology, you think of Ivanka Trump, right? This was the statement from Trump’s daughter: “Over the past four years, President Trump’s policies and investments in science and technology ensure America stands ready to solve today’s most pressing challenges and that our workforce is prepared for tomorrow’s innovations. For years to come, these achievements will guarantee the United States remains the world’s leader in research, discovery and the advancement of industries that will shape our future.”​
Speaking of Ivanka Trump, if you go through the report, count how many photos there are of political figures and administrators versus real scientists. And is there a reasonable representation of Asian American, Black American, Latinx American, and other American scientists of color in the report? How about scientists who are women? After all, who better to talk about science than real scientists?​

<snip>

trump must think that all of America is more stupid than a rock.

<snip>

Oh you didn't hear?.....We have this thing beat....deaths are way down and even the elderly with comorbidities are surviving...the adverse effects of covid are diminishing with each contagion....which means it is weakening....my grandson caught it and never had one symptom besides a lack of taste for a few days....same with all of his friends at his school.....his teacher...67 years old caught it and was over it in two days just like Trump....so yes besides the blue city and state lockdowns for political reasons its beaten.....
Oh you didn't hear? Covid is surging again. Record number of active cases.

Try to keep up.

<snip>

Trump is a "totalitarian?" Democrats are just the dumbest people. Is this just another random word generator?

<snip>

I just knew someone would drink the Trump-ended-the-pandemic Kool-Aid!

Trump depends and thrives upon that kind of weak submissiveness.

Tuesday marked the third consecutive day the U.S. set a record high of average daily Covid-19 cases. The number of new U.S. cases on Tuesday hit an all-time high of 71,832, on a seven-day-average, topping the prior record set on Monday, according to a CNBC analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University. The seven-day-average of daily cases reflects a roughly 21% increase compared with a week ago, according to JHU data.

<snip>

Daily U.S. coronavirus hospitalizations surpassed 45,000 for the first time since mid-August this week as the autumn pandemic surge continued unabated

Another thousand people dropped dead yesterday. So much WINNING! :rolleyes:

<snip>

Try to keep up.

"Cases" are irrelevant, Opie. We need to stop letting a virus destroy our economy and making our lives miserable. I guess Democrats don't care about that since you're already miserable people

<snip>

Daily U.S. coronavirus hospitalizations surpassed 45,000 for the first time since mid-August this week as the autumn pandemic surge continued unabated

Another thousand people dropped dead yesterday. So much WINNING! :rolleyes:

Most of the deaths were still in blue States run by Democrat governors, Turd Man

<snip>

Yawn...

<snip>

So Trump can be blamed for the Pandemic but can't get credit if it is defeated? Is that your point? Seems to be a political POV!

If he actually did have a hand in defeating it, yes. But it's not defeated. In fact, it's getting worse. The crap about, "If I have already caught it and survived I can't catch it again" has been proven false. That means, the herd cure is also false. The 3rd wave of the Covid is just beginning.

But if Rump can come up with a cure, I am sure that cure will come out right AFTER Rump introduces his world class Health Care to replace the ACA.

<snip>

Try to keep up.

"Cases" are irrelevant, Opie. We need to stop letting a virus destroy our economy and making our lives miserable. I guess Democrats don't care about that since you're already miserable people
Cases ARE relevant when claiming one has ended the pandemic, dopey.

<snip>

Then why are hospitalizations up again? I wish what you said was true, but I think what you're seeing is people who never would have even known they had it, before there was so much more testing. Those people were always there, we just didn't know it. When hospitalizations go way down, then your hopes may be correct. They say that's what happened to the Spanish flu. It mutated into less of a killer. But we're not seeing that yet based on hospitalizations.

If Trump told the rubes the moon was made of cheese, they would go out of their way to defend him.

Sad.

<snip>

Try to keep up.

Cases ARE relevant when claiming one has ended the pandemic, dopey.

Your article doesn't support your claim that Trump said he ended the pandemic. Did you even read it? Do you have link that supports that?

Infection 'rates' are going up because testing is increasing.

Do all of you ' Orange man haters' also hate science?

Clue: Covid is a virus - herpes is a virus - measles are a virus - the common cold is a virus - the flu is also a virus.
There are NO cures for viruses!

Only vaccines can stave off viruses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/cor...actively-preparing-for-launch-of-vaccine.html

Oh look at the pharm companies making $$$$$ off of a vaccine.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

<snip>

Then why are hospitalizations up again? I wish what you said was true, but I think what you're seeing is people who never would have even known they had it, before there was so much more testing. Those people were always there, we just didn't know it. When hospitalizations go way down, then your hopes may be correct. They say that's what happened to the Spanish flu. It mutated into less of a killer. But we're not seeing that yet based on hospitalizations.

Not according to the CDC. What do you know they don't?

Forum List

Back