Trump Supporters to be Hit Hardest by GOP Healthcare Plan

There is hardly a single Trump supporter who is worried about it. In fact if you will brush the dust off of your seldom used brain cells, you might remember that during the campaign, Trump said he would repeal Obamacare altogether. Those people knew it meant them and they voted for him still. There are a lot of fine reasons for that but just as we did before Obama-the-Idiot took over, we will buy our own healthcare thank you very much.

He said a lot of things...it's funny that you want people to accept their prices going through the roof using the excuse that Trump said it before so they have to like anything and any method.

I don't want that at all. I want Obamacare repealed and not replaced at all. But you can't always get what you want.

And prices are already going through the roof. Funny you aren't concerned about that.

I just looked at the CBO scoring. I am a little sick to my stomach. Over the ten year period between 2017-2026 the CBO estimates a CUT in Medicaid spending of 880 BILLION DOLLARS. Over that same time period, mostly due to the elimination of that 4.7% surcharge on investment income for those with incomes in excess of $250,000 a year, revenues will decline by 880 BILLION DOLLARS.

WTF

Medicaid, BY DEFINITION, is for the POOR. And not just income, but assets too. Medicaid is MEANS TESTED. So, this repeal takes money away from individuals with little to no income and little to no assets and BESTOWS it to those making more than a quarter million dollars a year.

You will be judged by how you treat the least among you.

Wrong. It stops the stealing of money from those who earned it and giving it to those who have not.

I just looked at the CBO scoring. I am a little sick to my stomach. Over the ten year period between 2017-2026 the CBO estimates a CUT in Medicaid spending of 880 BILLION DOLLARS. Over that same time period, mostly due to the elimination of that 4.7% surcharge on investment income for those with incomes in excess of $250,000 a year, revenues will decline by 880 BILLION DOLLARS.

WTF

Medicaid, BY DEFINITION, is for the POOR. And not just income, but assets too. Medicaid is MEANS TESTED. So, this repeal takes money away from individuals with little to no income and little to no assets and BESTOWS it to those making more than a quarter million dollars a year.

Wrong. It stops the stealing of money from those who earned it and giving it to those who have not.

Oh that is rich. They "earned" it? Then how come they call it "UNEARNED INCOME"? And better, if they "earned" it, then they can pay taxes on it as if they "earned" it. That is fine by me. Now, they pay 24.7%. With an ACA repeal they pay 20.0%. But if they paid taxes on that income like they pay on their EARNED income it would be 39.6%.

WTF

Oh that is rich. They "earned" it? Then how come they call it "UNEARNED INCOME"? And better, if they "earned" it, then they can pay taxes on it as if they "earned" it. That is fine by me. Now, they pay 24.7%. With an ACA repeal they pay 20.0%. But if they paid taxes on that income like they pay on their EARNED income it would be 39.6%.

Do have even the slightest clue what you are talking about? The only "unearned" income is stolen, like taxes.

There is hardly a single Trump supporter who is worried about it. In fact if you will brush the dust off of your seldom used brain cells, you might remember that during the campaign, Trump said he would repeal Obamacare altogether. Those people knew it meant them and they voted for him still. There are a lot of fine reasons for that but just as we did before Obama-the-Idiot took over, we will buy our own healthcare thank you very much.

He said a lot of things...it's funny that you want people to accept their prices going through the roof using the excuse that Trump said it before so they have to like anything and any method.

I don't want that at all. I want Obamacare repealed and not replaced at all. But you can't always get what you want.

And prices are already going through the roof. Funny you aren't concerned about that.

Yes everything is bad...we know. Repealing Obamacare will result in prices going even higher like it did before it was enacted. Funny you forget those days and like to pretend that any increase is the same as every increase.

WTF

Do have even the slightest clue what you are talking about? The only "unearned" income is stolen, like taxes.

Look, if you don't understand the difference between earned and unearned income you are wasting my time. Your spouting of nonsense memes like collecting taxes is equal to stealing only confirms your ignorance.

This "bill" is about 4.7%. A 4.7% that probably nobody on this board has any experience with. A 4.7% that you will not hear talked about on the news. It is like it is a big secret.

Hell, FOX News, today--880 billion dollars in tax cuts, they claim it is a taxcut for the middle class and "working" Americans. What a damn lie. No one making a quarter million dollars a year is in the "middle class". Especially not with a significant amount of "unearned income".

And almost every dollar of the cost comes from Medicaid. The rest is just a bunch of shuffling around costs, from the weak to the powerful. The cost all come out of Medicaid and the savings all go in to the pockets of those making more than a quarter million dollars a year. Morally, it is nothing short of reprehensible. And yeah, Karma really is a bitch. Congress passes this there will be consequences, big consequences.

No surprise there.

Will President Trump step up and protect his supporters?

The House Republican effort to overhaul the Affordable Care Act could hit many rural areas particularly hard, according to a new analysis, sharply increasing the cost for some residents buying their own insurance. ...

Of the 100 counties where a 62-year-old making three times the federal poverty level—generally around $36,000—would see the biggest jump in annual costs for a plan under the Republican blueprint, 97 were rural. “It is disproportionately affecting the rural,” said Dianna Welch, an actuary at Oliver Wyman.

The dynamic may present a political challenge for Republicans, because many rural regions strongly supported President Donald Trump. ...​

GOP Health Plan Would Hit Rural Areas Hard
This plan is not yet complete, and will go through many more revisions before it is signed into law.

So please, call your Congresscritter about your concerns to assist in the likelihood that they will be addressed.

Tell Congressional leadership of both parties to stop playing politics with our health care system.

Yes everything is bad...we know. Repealing Obamacare will result in prices going even higher like it did before it was enacted. Funny you forget those days and like to pretend that any increase is the same as every increase.

Prices are higher now than the were in 2008. Repealing 0bama are can only result in a decrease in costs when you consider that those without insurance won't need to be paid for by insurance companies. Not surprising that a left wing nutter like you doesn't understand the free market.

WTF

Look, if you don't understand the difference between earned and unearned income you are wasting my time. Your spouting of nonsense memes like collecting taxes is equal to stealing only confirms your ignorance.

This "bill" is about 4.7%. A 4.7% that probably nobody on this board has any experience with. A 4.7% that you will not hear talked about on the news. It is like it is a big secret.

Hell, FOX News, today--880 billion dollars in tax cuts, they claim it is a taxcut for the middle class and "working" Americans. What a damn lie. No one making a quarter million dollars a year is in the "middle class". Especially not with a significant amount of "unearned income".

And almost every dollar of the cost comes from Medicaid. The rest is just a bunch of shuffling around costs, from the weak to the powerful. The cost all come out of Medicaid and the savings all go in to the pockets of those making more than a quarter million dollars a year. Morally, it is nothing short of reprehensible. And yeah, Karma really is a bitch. Congress passes this there will be consequences, big consequences.

Simple. Give me an example of unearned income.

We still can't get healthcare right for working class people who make less than 50 grand per year(a salary that creates misery)...and we call ourselves great. Laughable.

WTF

Unearned Income

AND NOT everyone needs or WANTS health insurance! That's the point Trump et.al. is making!
There will be health care for everyone that wants it!
But here are the facts... HOW MANY PEOPLE DON"T REALLY have access to "HEALTH CARE?!!!!

never46millionuninsred.png

Unearned Income

Unearned is it? I'm taking money that I earned and I'm gambling it on a stock. I investigated that company thoroughly and put my earned income at risk. I earned it. Try again.

Prices are higher now than the were in 2008. Repealing 0bama are can only result in a decrease in costs when you consider that those without insurance won't need to be paid for by insurance companies. Not surprising that a left wing nutter like you doesn't understand the free market.

Because fool the prices for health insurance go up every year but as I said you are pretending that the price going up at a lower rate is the same as it going up by ANY rate.

Both are increases and if that's your only tie to same all increases are increases so all increases are the same.

The free market is what we had before and before the increases were way higher on an annual basis. Period.

Because fool the prices for health insurance go up every year but as I said you are pretending that the price going up at a lower rate is the same as it going up by ANY rate.

Both are increases and if that's your only tie to same all increases are increases so all increases are the same.

The free market is what we had before and before the increases were way higher on an annual basis. Period.

I agree, prices always go up, repealing Obamacare or not. The prices for Obamacare are projected to skyrocket this year and again the next.

No fool, we had no free market before. The entire industry is heavily regulated by the government. Simply because big pharma and big insurance lobbied the government to prevent the free market from driving the costs down.

Period.

I agree, prices always go up, repealing Obamacare or not. The prices for Obamacare are projected to skyrocket this year and again the next.

Like I said, the only stupid ass argument you have to is pretend that any increase is the same as all increases. Obamacare prices went up less than the market before. Period.

No fool, we had no free market before. The entire industry is heavily regulated by the government. Simply because big pharma and big insurance lobbied the government to prevent the free market from driving the costs down.

Period.

Nice fantasy land..yeah we should change over to something that doesn't exist anywhere in the world and that pretty fantasy will be the answer to it all.

Except it's easy to be for something that will never happen like saying you're for World peace! Ending Cancer!

You support nothing on the table and in turn play peanut gallery to every solution. Political Professional Pessimist.

Like I said, the only stupid ass argument you have to is pretend that any increase is the same as all increases. Obamacare prices went up less than the market before. Period.

Period.

Nice fantasy land..yeah we should change over to something that doesn't exist anywhere in the world and that pretty fantasy will be the answer to it all.

Except it's easy to be for something that will never happen like saying you're for World peace! Ending Cancer!

You support nothing on the table and in turn play peanut gallery to every solution. Political Professional Pessimist.

Spin spin deflect deflect. You lose, thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back