Trump Shows Common Sense and Political Skill on Guns, Unlike the Hardline Gun Lobby

if TRUMP was serious this way of thinking is very dangerous .

The Donald should just use that type of thinking to instead round up all the Leftist Maniacs, then America would not have so many problems :smoke:

I don't buy the "slippery slope" argument about the perfectly reasonable, sensible measures that Trump is supporting. Raising the minimum age to 21, vastly improving background checks, giving police authority to disarm an apparently mentally ill person pending an investigation, and requiring background checks for all gun sales--these steps are a galaxy away from a government confiscation of all private firearms.

Loss of due process is statist BS.

Oh, hogwash. We're talking about extreme cases where a person shows multiple signs of being a danger. And there is no "loss of due process." The person gets due process but just has his guns held until it is over. If the person clears investigation and evaluation, he gets his guns back.

Why the hell should i have to go and pay a gun dealer money so i can give my son a family heirloom?

One, that's a rare situation. Two, presumably your son would have no problem passing a background check. Three, a background check is fairly inexpensive ($25-$50).
and if you're just giving it to your son, do it. i doubt it's registered anyway so no one really knows.

people keep painting the exception to the rule to BE the rule and it really gets in the way of what needs to be done.

Loss of due process is statist BS.

Oh, hogwash. We're talking about extreme cases where a person shows multiple signs of being a danger. And there is no "loss of due process." The person gets due process but just has his guns held until it is over. If the person clears investigation and evaluation, he gets his guns back.

Why the hell should i have to go and pay a gun dealer money so i can give my son a family heirloom?

One, that's a rare situation. Two, presumably your son would have no problem passing a background check. Three, a background check is fairly inexpensive ($25-$50).
and if you're just giving it to your son, do it. i doubt it's registered anyway so no one really knows.

people keep painting the exception to the rule to BE the rule and it really gets in the way of what needs to be done.

Yes, good point. In many states, you can't buy alcohol until you're 21, yet few people seriously claim that this "violates" a person's right to drink. In many cases, you can't rent a car until you're 25. Oh well, you can always try to borrow someone's car.

The measures that Trump is proposing are sensible, sane precautions that do not infringe on gun rights in any substantive, meaningful way.

Forum List

Back