Trump shames John Lewis for disrespecting his own sacrifices......

Disappointing to see Lewis doing this.

At some point, someone has to rise above the bullshit and be the adult in the room.

Why hang with trolls who do nothing productive and and are only there to troll?

'Round here we put those klowns on Ignore, And we don't take them off just because they come to a thread we start.

Same thing.

I think the WH's point is that it is a shame political motivations can't be put aside one night to honor a civil rights leader. I happen to agree. If he has any class, Trump will politely decline the invitation in light of the honoree's refusal to attend. That said, Lewis is the one being a big baby.

Oh, and I doubt Trump has that class, but perhaps Ivanka can point out to him it would be the tasteful thing to do. Every now and then, he follows advice from her in matters of etiquette.
If Trump declined the lefty loons would be all over him.

I think the WH's point is that it is a shame political motivations can't be put aside one night to honor a civil rights leader. I happen to agree. If he has any class, Trump will politely decline the invitation in light of the honoree's refusal to attend. That said, Lewis is the one being a big baby.

Oh, and I doubt Trump has that class, but perhaps Ivanka can point out to him it would be the tasteful thing to do. Every now and then, he follows advice from her in matters of etiquette.

Link?

Link?
Link to what ? You lefties are like Pavlovian dogs when it comes to Trump. The bitch fest is a given no matter what.

You know, I think that Lewis is right to pass on the opening ceremony if Trump is going to be there.

He doesn't want to be used as a political tool like the Navajo were used when Trump made his dig at Warren.
He's been the democrat token ****** since he ran for the office. Are you saying he now is suddenly drawing a line in how he will be used? Have you ever watched this idiot make a speech? He's an idiot and without being a political tool he would have no career at all.

Link?
Link to what ? You lefties are like Pavlovian dogs when it comes to Trump. The bitch fest is a given no matter what.

Ah, so you don't have a link. Must be a speculation fallacy then.

Next please....

He has run his mouth off about Trump since the Democrats lost the election. He needs to man up and stop whining! Trump is doing the right thing.

Whether Trump does the right thing remains to be seen. He has a propensity for putting his foot in his mouth on these occasions.

Who can forget his speech to the Boy Scouts, where he cursed in front of children and disparaged President Obama.

Then there’s his statements about the white supremacy rally in Charlottesville where he said there were good people on both sides.

And of course referring to Elizabeth Warren as Pocahontas when meeting with the Navajo Code Talkers recently.

Trump is openly racist. I can’t imagine any black civil rights leader wanting to share a stage with him.

At some point, someone has to rise above the bullshit and be the adult in the room.

And look who takes Trump's side, big surprise.
I did?

It didn't even occur to you that I clearly inferred Trump isn't an adult.

I remain amazed at the ability of partisan ideology to distort thought processes.

Absolutely fascinating. Thanks, as always.

Last edited:

Why hang with trolls who do nothing productive and and are only there to troll?

'Round here we put those klowns on Ignore, And we don't take them off just because they come to a thread we start.

Same thing.
Correct, he doesn't have to be the adult in the room. I just wish someone would do it.

And I do think it's appropriate that you use USMB as a model of behavior. That's where we are as a country now, and it's sad to see.

Last edited:

I did?

I remain amazed at the ability of partisan ideology to distort thought processes.

Yes you did, because you chose to name Lewis, the civil rights activist, instead of Trump, the racist and bigot.

Calling Lewis childish for boycotting this?

lol, you moron, do you know that John Lewis was inspired to become an activist for civil rights

by the Montgomery bus BOYCOTT? ...of course you didn't...

I did?

Yes you did, because you chose to name Lewis, the civil rights activist, instead of Trump, the racist and bigot.

lol, you moron, do you know that John Lewis was inspired to become an activist for civil rights

I absolutely believe that you absolutely believe that.

Absolutely fascinating.

I did?

Absolutely fascinating.

Okay, pretend that John Lewis never said so:

"But first, civil rights pioneer John Lewis. He was just 15 when the bus boycott began. That was 10 years before he would lead a peaceful protest on Bloody Sunday. Now a US congressman, Lewis still remembers the thrill of hope he felt as the boycott began.

Representative JOHN LEWIS (Democrat, Georgia): More than anything else, it was one of the most exciting periods for a young child like myself growing up in rural Alabama 50 miles from Montgomery. I followed the drummer of the bus boycott, followed the leadership of Martin Luther King Jr. It gave me a great sense of optimism that something was about the change in the American South."

lol, you're ignorant and arrogant, an unpleasant concoction.

The Montgomery Bus Boycott, 50 Years Later

I did?

Absolutely fascinating.

Okay, pretend that John Lewis never said so:

"But first, civil rights pioneer John Lewis. He was just 15 when the bus boycott began. That was 10 years before he would lead a peaceful protest on Bloody Sunday. Now a US congressman, Lewis still remembers the thrill of hope he felt as the boycott began.

Representative JOHN LEWIS (Democrat, Georgia): More than anything else, it was one of the most exciting periods for a young child like myself growing up in rural Alabama 50 miles from Montgomery. I followed the drummer of the bus boycott, followed the leadership of Martin Luther King Jr. It gave me a great sense of optimism that something was about the change in the American South."

lol, you're ignorant and arrogant, an unpleasant concoction.

The Montgomery Bus Boycott, 50 Years Later
That's all very fascinating, whatever it is.

You're just bitching at me, as always. No point made.

But thanks, I'm sure you really nailed me there.

Forum List

Back