Trump seizes credit for Afghan withdrawal

So Trump is lying his ass off as usual when he said he made Biden withdraw and supposedly Biden didn't want to, correct?

He is lying there, so he could take the credit for the withdrawal even though Biden is the one seeing this through obviously.

The buck stops with Biden, it's his withdrawal now, but Trump and his Trumpster needs to shut the fuck up, he is in that same withdrawal boat and there is ZERO reason to think it would be any smoother if he was the President.

You can ask the Kurds how much Trump cares about American allies when he pulls the the troops out.
Those who push the revisionist, self-serving Trumpy version are upset by the accurate quoting of Trump and by the disclosures of Trump appointees.

... Regarding Trump’s Doha Agreement with the Taliban, Trump’s former national security adviser, H.R. McMaster: “Our secretary of state [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban…This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves.”
Lisa Curtis, an expert on South and Central Asia who served on Trump’s National Security Council for four years, including when the Taliban deal was signed: The Doha agreement was a very weak agreement, and the U.S. should have gained more concessions from the Taliban.”
She said the deal was too heavily weighted in the Taliban’s favor and undermined Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who ultimately fled the country this weekend… She cited the deal forcing Ghani to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners who likely played a role in taking over the country.“Really, somebody has to look at that and why that happened,” Curtis said.​

Typical unflattering photos aside, how does a civilian out of office manage to "seize credit" for a government failure? Hatred does strange things to lefties these days.
Trump demanded that Biden resign for not overturning the withdral that Trump put in motion.

Trump is a craven fool & he proves it every time time he runs his big mouth.

no I'm just telling you to fuck off.
If that is how you need to deal with my accurately posing quotations from Trump and others who served in the Trump administration that you are unable to refute, I can't say that I am surprised.

Your becoming pissy does nothing to call into question the accuracy of the documented statements.

Trump, by his own modest estimation, just a couple of months ago, acknowledged that it was his policy that he forced upon Biden:

View attachment 528192
I started the process. All the troops are coming home.
They couldn’t stop the process. They couldn’t stop the process.
They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process!”
Trump's UN Ambassador Nikki Haley tweeted Wednesday, “To have our Generals say that they are depending on diplomacy with the Taliban is an unbelievable scenario. Negotiating with the Taliban is like dealing with the devil!”
Trump had briefly invited the Taliban to Camp David in 2019 ... before reversing course amid a bipartisan outcry.
Regarding Trump’s Doha Agreement with the Taliban, Trump’s former national security adviser, H.R. McMaster: “Our secretary of state [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban…This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves.”
Lisa Curtis, an expert on South and Central Asia who served on Trump’s National Security Council for four years, including when the Taliban deal was signed: The Doha agreement was a very weak agreement, and the U.S. should have gained more concessions from the Taliban.”
She said the deal was too heavily weighted in the Taliban’s favor and undermined Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who ultimately fled the country this weekend… She cited the deal forcing Ghani to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners who likely played a role in taking over the country.“Really, somebody has to look at that and why that happened,” Curtis said.
The Trump administration negotiated – and bragged about – an agreement with the Taliban to withdraw U.S. forces from the county by May 1, 2021. Trump’s defense secretary at the time, Mark Esper: Trump ‘undermined’ that deal by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the underlying conditions.

Trump's normally fawning Fox News had exposed how desperate the Loser was to appease the Taliban:

Another historic Camp David summit was not to be.
We didn’t learn until late Saturday that President Trump planned to meet with Taliban leaders at the Maryland retreat to finalize a peace deal for Afghanistan. That news came through presidential tweets announcing that the secret session had been canceled, in the wake of a Taliban attack whose victims included an American soldier.
Simply put, it is hard for many Americans to stomach that the Taliban, who harbored Osama bin Laden in the run-up to 9/11, would be given a civilized welcome by a president of the United States in those storied cabins--especially with the anniversary of that terrible day approaching.
But what rankles most of all is the venue. The Vietnam peace talks were held in Paris. The two summits with Kim Jong-un were in Singapore and Hanoi. The summit meeting with Vladimir Putin was in Helsinki. To invite the terroristic Taliban to Camp David, whatever the negotiating details, is really hard to swallow.

View attachment 528201
You must be some Qtard who believes Trump is still president. Or just a normal retard

Trump, by his own modest estimation, just a couple of months ago, acknowledged that it was his policy that he forced upon Biden:

View attachment 528192
Trump's UN Ambassador Nikki Haley tweeted Wednesday, “To have our Generals say that they are depending on diplomacy with the Taliban is an unbelievable scenario. Negotiating with the Taliban is like dealing with the devil!”
Trump had briefly invited the Taliban to Camp David in 2019 ... before reversing course amid a bipartisan outcry.
Regarding Trump’s Doha Agreement with the Taliban, Trump’s former national security adviser, H.R. McMaster: “Our secretary of state [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban…This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves.”
She said the deal was too heavily weighted in the Taliban’s favor and undermined Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who ultimately fled the country this weekend… She cited the deal forcing Ghani to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners who likely played a role in taking over the country.“Really, somebody has to look at that and why that happened,” Curtis said.
The Trump administration negotiated – and bragged about – an agreement with the Taliban to withdraw U.S. forces from the county by May 1, 2021. Trump’s defense secretary at the time, Mark Esper: Trump ‘undermined’ that deal by pushing for US forces to leave Afghanistan without the Taliban meeting the underlying conditions.

Trump's normally fawning Fox News had exposed how desperate the Loser was to appease the Taliban:

Another historic Camp David summit was not to be.
We didn’t learn until late Saturday that President Trump planned to meet with Taliban leaders at the Maryland retreat to finalize a peace deal for Afghanistan. That news came through presidential tweets announcing that the secret session had been canceled, in the wake of a Taliban attack whose victims included an American soldier.
Simply put, it is hard for many Americans to stomach that the Taliban, who harbored Osama bin Laden in the run-up to 9/11, would be given a civilized welcome by a president of the United States in those storied cabins--especially with the anniversary of that terrible day approaching.
But what rankles most of all is the venue. The Vietnam peace talks were held in Paris. The two summits with Kim Jong-un were in Singapore and Hanoi. The summit meeting with Vladimir Putin was in Helsinki. To invite the terroristic Taliban to Camp David, whatever the negotiating details, is really hard to swallow.

View attachment 528201
The withdrawal is to Trump's credit. It's extremely botched execution is to Biden's shame.

That much is very true.

Biden is responsible for the Afghanistan clusterfuck as well as the our border clusterfuck.

You can cut it any way you like but the meat still stinks.

You must be some Qtard who believes Trump is still president. Or just a normal retard
Your gratuitous ad hominems aside, you must be upset by my accurately noting that Trump claimed,

as well as the cogent comments by others who served under Trump.

Your gratuitous ad hominems aside, you must be upset by my accurately noting that Trump claimed,

as well as the cogent comments by others who served under Trump.
Even cnn and msnbc blames Biden. Youre not convincing anyone with more than half a brain, retard

The withdrawal is to Trump's credit. It's extremely botched execution is to Biden's shame.

That much is very true.
That is the fake narrative the Trump butt barnacles have been issued to parrot.

Statements from Trump and Trump appointees wreak havoc with the party line.

Are you saying Trump is responsible for the execution of the withdrawal after being out of office about 8 months?
I am not trying to justify Bush's, Obama's, Trump's, or Biden's policies regarding Afghanistan.

I am accurately citing statements by Trump and Trump appointees regarding the withdrawal. Surely, they are relevant even if citing them upsets some folks whose agenda is not served by them.

I am not trying to justify Bush's, Obama's, Trump's, or Biden's policies regarding Afghanistan.

I am accurately citing statements by Trump and Trump appointees regarding the withdrawal. Surely, they are relevant even if citing them upsets some folks whose agenda is not served by them.
Then we agree. The credit for the withdrawal goes to Trump but it's execution to Biden; credit where credit is due.

Pretty easy, ain't it?

Then we agree. The credit for the withdrawal goes to Trump but it's execution to Biden; credit where credit is due.

Pretty easy, ain't it?
If you need to entertain such a fantasy, I can't say I'm surprised.

Can you honestly confront the quotations from Trump and his appointees that I posted?

So what Biden should have said is, I stand by Trump's choice to end the war in Afghanistan. Nothing could have been done better....

If you need to entertain such a fantasy, I can't say I'm surprised.

Can you honestly confront the quotations from Trump and his appointees that I posted?
Go put on your pussy hat and have a nice lie down. I used to say pussy hat & watch CNN, but even that would upset you since they started committing news a week ago.

Biden screwed the pooch in the ass while giving it a reach around.

You communists blaming Trump for everything that has gone wrong in the USA since 2001 are pathetic.

Typical unflattering photos aside, how does a civilian out of office manage to "seize credit" for a government failure? Hatred does strange things to lefties these days.
They believe gender is a choice. That's all that needs to be said.

Forum List

Back