Trump Said He Thinks He Could Have Beaten George Washington In An Election - Even With Abraham Lincoln As His Running Mate

Former President Donald Trump told the authors of a new book that he believes he would have had a good chance of winning a presidential election against George Washington, even with Abraham Lincoln as Washington’s running mate.

Trump made the outlandish observation as he indicated that his re-election in 2020 was inevitable had it not been for the COVID-19 pandemic — which appears to contradict his comments about a “rigged” election.

“I think it would be hard if George Washington came back from the dead and he chose Abraham Lincoln as his vice-president, I think it would have been very hard for them to beat me,” Trump told Washington Post reporters Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig, they recount in their new book “I Alone Can Fix It.”

The twice-impeached former president was recently ranked nearly at the bottom of the pack of America’s presidents — 41st — in a survey of historians across the nation. Abraham Lincoln ranked first, and Washington came in second.

Trump’s favorability polls while he was in office were lackluster at best. His full four-year average of approval in Gallup polls was 41% — four points lower than any other president since polling began, NPR noted.

Trump's deranged ego knows no bounds. What do you think?

I think you don't know what hyperbole is.

Funny. That would only be "hyperbole" if a sane person said it.

I hope you find a pill for what's bothering you.

I did find one. It's called a "ballot".

And he lost.

Yet you still are listening to him.

I voted for him.

He lost.

I am not listening to him anymore.

My candidate won. He's in the White House as we speak.

I think I said that. Or maybe you thought I was referencing Biden....can't understand why.

Former President Donald Trump told the authors of a new book that he believes he would have had a good chance of winning a presidential election against George Washington, even with Abraham Lincoln as Washington’s running mate.

Trump made the outlandish observation as he indicated that his re-election in 2020 was inevitable had it not been for the COVID-19 pandemic — which appears to contradict his comments about a “rigged” election.

“I think it would be hard if George Washington came back from the dead and he chose Abraham Lincoln as his vice-president, I think it would have been very hard for them to beat me,” Trump told Washington Post reporters Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig, they recount in their new book “I Alone Can Fix It.”

The twice-impeached former president was recently ranked nearly at the bottom of the pack of America’s presidents — 41st — in a survey of historians across the nation. Abraham Lincoln ranked first, and Washington came in second.

Trump’s favorability polls while he was in office were lackluster at best. His full four-year average of approval in Gallup polls was 41% — four points lower than any other president since polling began, NPR noted.

Well, we know how you ass-wipes feel about George Washington.

And he lost.

I voted for him.

He lost.

And your Veggie Candidate is doing a fine job turning this country into a third world country.

And he lost.

I voted for him.

He lost.

I think I said that.

So what's your point? You're nearing a permanent ignore.

And he lost.

I voted for him.

He lost.

I think I said that.

So what's your point? You're nearly a permanent ignore.

By all means.

Since Trump actually believes he'll be reinstated as president - it's easy to believe that he actually believes he could have beaten Washington and Lincoln.

ROFLMFAO, well Trump still has it. Throws out an outrageous little tidbit and you commies will chase your tails for days. And you idiots want to be taken seriously, you got to be freaking kidding me.

Poor old Trump is so stupid... and never knows when to shut up.

He knows exactly what he's doing, poking idiots and keeping them talking about HIM. I love it.

What do I think?

Communist democrats are nothing more than rabid creatures and need to be put down.2
I think these articles feed the small minds that want to believe a book and an author that wants to make money off the Trump name.. .. any thing negative about Trump they trigger like fish in a feeding frenzy .. the Democrat party has signed its death warrant first by treasonous cheating of an election and second by putting an Alzheimer's patient at the helm. Thank God.
LOL!! Seems you think the best way to defend your Cheeto Jesus is to attack the messenger.

What do I think?

Communist democrats are nothing more than rabid creatures and need to be put down.2
I think these articles feed the small minds that want to believe a book and an author that wants to make money off the Trump name.. .. any thing negative about Trump they trigger like fish in a feeding frenzy .. the Democrat party has signed its death warrant first by treasonous cheating of an election and second by putting an Alzheimer's patient at the helm. Thank God.

Well, sparky, Trump gave the interviews. Those are his words. They are also probably recorded.

Yep, he is delusional.

You leftards would call George Washington a dangerous right wing extremist

All you republicans need to shut the fuck up. You talked about Obama for the last four years and if it wasn't Obama, you talked about a person who never was president, Hillary Clinton. Every time trump fucked up, whatabout Obama or whatabout Clinton. You bitches ain't special, you don't get to do that then talk crazy because we make you remember the idiot whose dick you're still sucking.

What would you NaziCons call him?

View attachment 514119
What the fuck is Blue Anon?
You and Marvin seem to be trying to make this a thing.

You care to explain your failed attempt?

No, I would call him what he was, a white racist slave owning bastard.

Forum List

Back