Trump-Kim summit a step away from war, but light on detail

Of course, Putin is directing this Summit personally, from both sides. What a diplomatic coup for the Russian dictator...both parties, under his thumb...
Remarkable...
Actually I don't think he cares about North Korea, or a perspective war there, even though Vladivostok is not that far away. He didn't care about the people in the Kursk submarine either.
I take that back. I was thinking in the context of a real nuclear war.

I didn't realize the Orange SCROTUS was actually considering pulling out all US military from North Korea.

Did you type that with a straight face?

A vote for chump was an FU vote to America.

Remind us again who are the miserable & butt hurt.

("Foreigners are taking all of our jobs!"
"Foreigners come here & won't get a job!")

lol.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Actually a vote for Trump was a vote for a strong economy, record low unemployment for minorities, excellent SCOTUS choice, better trade deals, better border security, great stock market, peace with North Korea, jobs for middle America and America first. Well, that's all great stuff unless you're a Liberal and you hate America.

Actually a vote for Trump was a vote for a strong economy, record low unemployment for minorities, excellent SCOTUS choice, better trade deals, better border security, great stock market, peace with North Korea, jobs for middle America and America first. Well, that's all great stuff unless you're a Liberal and you hate America.
You forgot the most important part: a vote for Putin.

But back to the summit. Trump now says north korea is no longer a nuclear threat.
ncrig835xm311.jpg

Is it a bad thing that they’re doing it now? Would they have done it without the meeting? Why don’t you take a wait and see approach, instead of rooting for America to fail because you hate trump?

Fuck off. I don’t root for America to fail, jackass. That’s what YOU do.

I’m looking at what I see. Trump withdrew from the Iran Nuclear deal because he hates Obama and you cheered that on.

Just fuck off.

You are fucking clueless, but please......keep doubling down. We all need a good laugh. If you don't want to continue showing your ass, I believe there is a gardening thread you can go post in.

Whoa! You really schooled me there. Well done.

It's all your "level" of posting deserves.

Yeah. That’s what my son’s tee ball coach said to the manager of the Yankees when he wouldn’t schedule a game.
Thanks for proving my point.

Of course, Putin is directing this Summit personally, from both sides. What a diplomatic coup for the Russian dictator...both parties, under his thumb...
Remarkable...
Actually I don't think he cares about North Korea, or a perspective war there, even though Vladivostok is not that far away. He didn't care about the people in the Kursk submarine either.

I didn't realize the Orange SCROTUS was actually considering pulling out all US military from North Korea.
There is no U.S. military presence in North Korea.

Remarkable...

I meant South Korea.

'The Singapore summit was textbook Trump, namely, his equation of the personal and chemistry with policy and accomplishment. The problem is less (as so many are saying) the legitimacy the president accorded the North Korean leader, so much as the one-sided outcome that yielded little in the way of substance.

Between the lines: The released statement is almost entirely aspirational. There are no definitions of denuclearization, no specifics as to the requirements of verification, and no timelines. History would suggest that implementation is everything when it comes to North Korea, yet there is nothing firm about what is to be done or when or how.

It is most troubling that Trump agreed to suspend all joint military exercises between the U.S. and South Korea and mentioned the desirability of removing U.S. troops from the peninsula. That he used the phrase “war games” to describe the exercises only makes it more worrisome. There was no mention in the summit statement of reducing North Korea's conventional military threat to the South. The outcome seems to be nothing so much as the “freeze for freeze” proposal China floated months ago linking North Korean weapon and missile testing with U.S.–South Korean exercises.

It will be extraordinarily hard for the United States to maintain pressure on North Korea given that sanctions will begin to unravel (with China and Russia leading the way) and given that South Korean President Moon has committed to normalizing relations with the North. The only reference to a future process assumes a continuation of bilateral talks. None of this bodes well for future North Korean concessions or for the concerns of American allies.

The bottom line: The good news is that the Singapore summit initiated a diplomatic process with the potential to make a contribution to stability and peace. War seems much more distant than it did just months ago. The bad news is that "potential" is the operative word here, and we are off to an unbalanced start.'

Richard Haass is president of the Council on Foreign Relations and the author of “A World in Disarray.”

So - as usual - Trump boasts big, but has little to show for his 'efforts'.

What a loser.
This is literally their first meeting. The fact that it happened at all is a huge achievement for everyone involved. Getting Kim to dismantle his nuclear program overnight was always a straw man.

How is it an achievement for Trump to have met with Kim?

Words can't describe the sheer stupidity in your post. Thank God the adults are in charge of the White House again.

Give it a try, genius. Kim has wanted a meeting with the President of the United States for his entire life. Only a moron thinks Trump achieved something by granting him that meeting. Are you a moron?
How do you achieve normalized relations and peace without meeting with them? How has ignoring them made the situation better?
The United States should have zero interest in normalized relations with North Korea.

Remarkable...

I meant South Korea.

He knew that.

This is literally their first meeting. The fact that it happened at all is a huge achievement for everyone involved. Getting Kim to dismantle his nuclear program overnight was always a straw man.

How is it an achievement for Trump to have met with Kim?

Words can't describe the sheer stupidity in your post. Thank God the adults are in charge of the White House again.

Give it a try, genius. Kim has wanted a meeting with the President of the United States for his entire life. Only a moron thinks Trump achieved something by granting him that meeting. Are you a moron?
How do you achieve normalized relations and peace without meeting with them? How has ignoring them made the situation better?
The United States should have zero interest in normalized relations with North Korea.
The US should have every interest in normalized relations with everyone.

Remarkable...

I meant South Korea.

He knew that.
Please refrain from speaking for me in the future. You’re not qualified.

I meant South Korea.

He knew that.

You knew it. You were being a dick. Please don’t try to lie about it.

Thanks.

I meant South Korea.

He knew that.

You knew it. You were being a dick. Please don’t try to lie about it.

Thanks.
Doubling down on speaking for someone you don’t know seems especially dumb.

Forum List

Back