Trump Is Sued in Death of Capitol Police Officer After Jan. 6

The minor problem for the prosecution will be hiding the fact that this high level spook was not shot dead and that the incident was totally Fake .

There's more why this lawsuit will fail.

They weren't even a couple when he died. From a New York Post article dated June 23, 2021:
"Following 11 years together, they [Sicknick & Garza] “took a break” from the relationship last July to “figure out” their futures, but the couple remained “incredibly close” until the day Sicknick died."

Article says they met in 2008, and they quickly moved in together. Claims the relationship had gone on for 11 years until they took their "break." If the relationship began in 2008, and it went on for 11 years, that means their break came in 2019.
probably from the strokes he had afterwards from Jan 6.

1) "...two men accused of assaulting the officer, Brian D. Sicknick, with chemical spray on Jan. 6, George Tanios and Julian Elie Khater. Mr. Khater pleaded guilty in the assault, and Mr. Tanios pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges."
2) "Strokes are acts of God, vaccines, or bad diet. Not acts of Trump. So fuck them."
............"A grifter and a money-grabbing bitch."
3) "The bitch doesn't stand a chance. Not only can't Trump be tied to the event as even partly or solely responsible, but the guy didn't even die as a result of the riot that day."

-----------------------------------------------
Now, I ain't a lawyer. Although, a lawyer owns the crop fields next to mine. So, give me credibility for proximity.
Anyway, as a non-lawyer I tentatively believe that Trump --as President --- has some sort of immunity in a civil case such as this. I'm positive of that, I think.

However, then we have the BearSpray sprayers ---Tanios & Khater. I'm not so sure their immunity is very deep, or very wide, or for that matter.....even exists. They are, probably, in deep feces.

The video evidence in compelling....it clearly shows what they did, how they did it, and the immediate physical recoiling of Officer Sicknick. It's hard to argue that that spray didn't have a dramatic physical impact that afternoon on the officer -- who collapsed and died very shortly thereafter.
So, once Trump is dropped from the suit....the suit will go on (if the woman has standing....but if not her, then perhaps other relatives?) As such, Tanios & Khater will be sued for some sort of egregious battery under tort law.

And maybe their homeowner's liability umbrella policy will help them....though pleading guilty to criminal behavior in making their assault on Sicknick is likely problematic for that possibility.

Regardless, they remain in deep poo. C’est la vie

IMHO

ps....then, there really is no pressing need to comment on poor posters JGalt's & 2bFreak's misogyny and crude vulgarities. We've seen that strange tic from those avatars regularly. So be it. They gotta work with the singular tool they have in their toolbox. It is what it is.

They should sue Pelosi, McConnell, and Ray Epps. Pelosi turned down the National Guard. This is all about greed and it should be dismissed.

Why would they need the National Guard. We had 58 previous validations of the vote without needing to call out the National Guard.

If Trump had manned up and accepted his loss instead of organizing a riot, Sidnick would probably be alive today.

"Trump has zero to do with this."
"...if you think for one second that the family of a guy who died from a stroke can sue the POTUS."
-------------------------------------

OK, posters 'lantern' & 'Godboy'....let's, for sake of debate, agree that Trump will likely be dropped from the suit under some sort of immunity shield.

But then, we are left with a couple of other defendants....Tanios & Khater.
Do you think they have immunity here?
Would you wanna be in their shoes?

ps....personally, I think it is a sound move for the plaintiff's lawyer to rope Trump's name into this civil suit. It'll get attention. It amplifies it's resonance to the court. It can't hurt the plaintiff...even if Trump is dropped quickly. Tanios & Khater remain. And so does the equity in their homes. The garnishment of their wages. And any future leins on property that is eligible for such. The plaintiff's lawyer is playing a sound hand. IMHO

-----------------------------------------------
Now, I ain't a lawyer. Although, a lawyer owns the crop fields next to mine. So, give me credibility for proximity.
Anyway, as a non-lawyer I tentatively believe that Trump --as President --- has some sort of immunity in a civil case such as this. I'm positive of that, I think.

However, then we have the BearSpray sprayers ---Tanios & Khater. I'm not so sure their immunity is very deep, or very wide, or for that matter.....even exists. They are, probably, in deep feces.

The video evidence in compelling....it clearly shows what they did, how they did it, and the immediate physical recoiling of Officer Sicknick. It's hard to argue that that spray didn't have a dramatic physical impact that afternoon on the officer -- who collapsed and died very shortly thereafter.
So, once Trump is dropped from the suit....the suit will go on (if the woman has standing....but if not her, then perhaps other relatives?) As such, Tanios & Khater will be sued for some sort of egregious battery under tort law.

And maybe their homeowner's liability umbrella policy will help them....though pleading guilty to criminal behavior in making their assault on Sicknick is likely problematic for that possibility.

Regardless, they remain in deep poo. C’est la vie

The president is immune from civil litigation from part of his civil acts (Fitzgerald v. Nixon). He is not immune from civil litigation from his personal conduct (Jones v. Clinton).

So Trump would be in a bit of a trick bag here, because he would have to admit that inciting the riot was an action as president, which would be a criminal admission. He might be better off simply arguing (as he has) that he had no idea the angry mob he organized, riled up and told to go to the Capitol would storm the building, the little scamps!

Just a cheap money grab is all it is. I hope they lose big time.

No police or government officials were killed because of Jan 6.

-------------------------------------

OK, posters 'lantern' & 'Godboy'....let's, for sake of debate, agree that Trump will likely be dropped from the suit under some sort of immunity shield.

But then, we are left with a couple of other defendants....Tanios & Khater.
Do you think they have immunity here?
Would you wanna be in their shoes?

ps....personally, I think it is a sound move for the plaintiff's lawyer to rope Trump's name into this civil suit. It'll get attention. It amplifies it's resonance to the court. It can't hurt the plaintiff...even if Trump is dropped quickly. Tanios & Khater remain. And so does the equity in their homes. The garnishment of their wages. And any future leins on property that is eligible for such. The plaintiff's lawyer is playing a sound hand. IMHO

It has nothing to do with it. The other two likely don't have anything near that kind of money, only Donald does.

A lot of wealthy people would sooner just pay up instead of going through proceedings and end up costing them more money in the long run. What they don't understand is Trump is not like other wealthy people. He will fight you until his last breath regardless how much it will cost him. I hope these losers end up dead broke for the rest of their lives paying legal fees.

And appropriately so.

Trump was responsible for the coup attempt and rightwing domestic terrorism attack on America’s democracy seeking to overturn the will of the American people.
Who was responsible for the idiot cop who shot and murdered an unarmed woman in front of witnesses? You?

Hope it goes forward.

I hope the widow of the slain officer wins.

It would be another win for the good guys.
That is an insult to the officer and his widow. He was not slain. You are claiming he is because of your hatred for Trump.

But he was not slain by anyone. He died but not due the actions of anyone.

I still say this.

They say there was blood everywhere, although with all of the video evidence, there was no blood to be seen.

They say the police were severely outnumbered.

Yet, for some reason this "coup" failed. How can a coup fail when the police were severely outnumbered....and only one shot fired....BY THE POLICE!

Unless....well maybe....it was never intended to be a coup....it was simply a mob expressing their anger but with no real intent to take over the Capitol building.

Maybe?

Nah.........it was Trump, I tell you. TRUMP! Bad orange man TRUMP.

You guys are tools and fools.

Still Trump could have deployed the nation guard as was his duty as commander and chief. Pelosi has no power to deploy national guard and cannot refuse it if Trump order it.

The National Guard can only be activated by the president or a governor,

Still it was Mike Pence who was try to get there assistance. They never got a request from Trump.

Trump offered the Guard several days earlier. The police Chief refused the offer stating it would be bad optics. The request for the Guard was made immediately after the break in, but it's the Pentagon that held them up for hours.

I still say this.

They say there was blood everywhere, although with all of the video evidence, there was no blood to be seen.

They say the police were severely outnumbered.

Yet, for some reason this "coup" failed. How can a coup fail when the police were severely outnumbered....and only one shot fired....BY THE POLICE!

Unless....well maybe....it was never intended to be a coup....it was simply a mob expressing their anger but with no real intent to take over the Capitol building.

Maybe?

Nah.........it was Trump, I tell you. TRUMP! Bad orange man TRUMP.

You guys are tools and fools.

We're going to see much more video when the Republicans get their act together and have a real 1/6 commission. We're going to see those thousands of hours of video taken that the commies have been hiding from Congress and the public for the last two years. There must be a reason they don't want anybody to see those videos, and we're going to find out why.

So what's the next scam that Trump offers up to pay for this lawsuit?

Forum List

Back