Trump is losing older voters - BIGLY

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Here are a few polls. Biden leads them all. Trump won voters over 65 by 9 points in 2016. That (and much better than that) are Biden's leads now. They're tired of being scared and having their health disrespected by a foul-mouthed incompetent jerk who could care less whether they live or die.

Surveys since the two conventions, and the Trump campaign’s blitz to hang urban riots and violence around Democrats’ necks, largely show Biden’s strength among seniors remaining steadfast. A CNN national poll released in early September saw Biden leading among the 65-plus set by 17 points. In some recent state polls where Biden’s margins are tightening, meanwhile, seniors are no longer a bonus demographic contributing to a prospective Biden landslide—they’re the ones responsible for Biden holding onto his lead. An early September Quinnipiac poll of Florida, in which Biden led overall by 3 points, saw him leading among the 65-plus by 10; a Monmouth poll of Pennsylvania, in which Biden led overall by 4, showed him with an 11-point edge among seniors. The Biden campaign spent heavily in swing states over the summer trying to preserve this advantage.​

Need further evidence?

In 2016, older voters were one of Trump’s best demographics. According to exit polls, while Hillary Clinton won voters 45 and under by 14 percentage points, Trump won voters 45 and older—the larger age cohort—by 8 points. A separate Pew Research Center study of the electorate found that voters 65 and older were Trump’s strongest overall age demographic last time around. He won them by 9 points.​
But while the country has spent four years bracing itself for a replay of November 2016, with eyes fixed on the same Pennsylvania-to-Wisconsin battlegrounds as before, the age-demographic landscape of the presidential contest has been quietly and dramatically rearranged. Although polling in recent months has shown Trump maintaining his advantage among the 50-to-64-year-old cohort, support among those over 65 has moved sharply toward Biden. In a national survey from Monmouth University released on Aug. 11, for example, which gave Biden a 10-point lead overall, Biden was leading registered voters over 65 by 17 points. That would represent a shift of 26 points among the oldest measured demographic from 2016. A Quinnipiac national poll from mid-July, meanwhile, showedBiden’s lead among the 65-plus at 14 points.

Here are a few polls. Biden leads them all. Trump won voters over 65 by 9 points in 2016. That (and much better than that) are Biden's leads now. They're tired of being scared and having their health disrespected by a foul-mouthed incompetent jerk who could care less whether they live or die.

Surveys since the two conventions, and the Trump campaign’s blitz to hang urban riots and violence around Democrats’ necks, largely show Biden’s strength among seniors remaining steadfast. A CNN national poll released in early September saw Biden leading among the 65-plus set by 17 points. In some recent state polls where Biden’s margins are tightening, meanwhile, seniors are no longer a bonus demographic contributing to a prospective Biden landslide—they’re the ones responsible for Biden holding onto his lead. An early September Quinnipiac poll of Florida, in which Biden led overall by 3 points, saw him leading among the 65-plus by 10; a Monmouth poll of Pennsylvania, in which Biden led overall by 4, showed him with an 11-point edge among seniors. The Biden campaign spent heavily in swing states over the summer trying to preserve this advantage.​

Need further evidence?

In 2016, older voters were one of Trump’s best demographics. According to exit polls, while Hillary Clinton won voters 45 and under by 14 percentage points, Trump won voters 45 and older—the larger age cohort—by 8 points. A separate Pew Research Center study of the electorate found that voters 65 and older were Trump’s strongest overall age demographic last time around. He won them by 9 points.​
But while the country has spent four years bracing itself for a replay of November 2016, with eyes fixed on the same Pennsylvania-to-Wisconsin battlegrounds as before, the age-demographic landscape of the presidential contest has been quietly and dramatically rearranged. Although polling in recent months has shown Trump maintaining his advantage among the 50-to-64-year-old cohort, support among those over 65 has moved sharply toward Biden. In a national survey from Monmouth University released on Aug. 11, for example, which gave Biden a 10-point lead overall, Biden was leading registered voters over 65 by 17 points. That would represent a shift of 26 points among the oldest measured demographic from 2016. A Quinnipiac national poll from mid-July, meanwhile, showedBiden’s lead among the 65-plus at 14 points.

Here's hoping. I can also tell you that our daughters (25 and 22) can't WAIT to vote, and I hope the young folks will do a better job of voting than they have in the past. This is about them, after all.

A CNN national poll
LOL

CNN and Washing COMPOST POLLING......

How do you think they are going to view their chances of survival when Trump comes out as an example of the success Trump made possible and starts campaigning on the therapeutics and medical advances he made possible with his policies.?

Enjoy your short lived 'victory'....

Last edited:
Here's hoping. I can also tell you that our daughters (25 and 22) can't WAIT to vote, and I hope the young folks will do a better job of voting than they have in the past. This is about them, after all.

Precisely what I just told my daughter. She's never been all that political and told me she wasn't sure she was gonna vote. After a good lecture, that attitude ended about a week ago and she just requested an absentee ballot.

I just turned 63 and have had a good life. Not so much concerned for myself, but I can't leave her a world as F'd up as it is under DJT. It would be irresponsible and selfish of me not to have reminded her of these things.

Precisely what I just told my daughter. She's never been all the political and told me she wasn't sure she was gonna vote. After a good lecture, that attitude ended about a week ago and she just requested an absentee ballot.

I'm 62, I've had a good life. Not so much concerned for myself, but I can't leave her a world as F'd up as it is under DJT. It would be irresponsible and selfish of me not to have reminded her of these things.
Agreed. This is the first election of my lifetime in which I'm voting for, and with, them.

07177c8d5fcfb69a90f51c0e736540cd.jpg

Need further evidence?

Hahahaha...Slate.

Idiot

Need further evidence?

They should poll Republicans too

I'm in my 60s and I didn't vote for trump the first time, and I damned well won't vote for him this time. I've always perceived him as lacking in character and ethics. It doesn't take age.

You should get in touch with Joe Biden and take whatever it is that he is taking.

You act like a dumbassed teenager.

The far right radical extremists here on this thread can put their heads in the sand and not believe what it right in front of their faces.

That doesn't mean what is being reported isn't true reality.

I don't know if the swing is that wide but even if it's half that, it doesn't bode well for trump and the republicans.

I am surprised that the republicans don't see why people are so anxious to vote trump out of office. They see what a mess they have enabled trump to make of our nation. They should have listened in 2016. They didn't, so now, republicans all down the ballot are at risk. All because they support and enable trump.

They should have worked to gain the nation's trust and respect these last four years. They did the opposite.

I guess they don't know that people don't vote for people who treat them the way trump and republicans have been treating the nation for the last nearly 4 years. At least if the election is fair and honest.

I'm in my 60s and I didn't vote for trump the first time, and I damned well won't vote for him this time. I've always perceived him as lacking in character and ethics. It doesn't take age.

Taking for granted that you have actually worked for a good many of those 60 years, it is nice of you to give all those Social Security payments you've been making to AOC and Omar and their boyfriends.
Oh, and don't plan on getting sick before you die. They are planning to take your Medicare away too you selfish, entitled bastard...

Need further evidence?

And you're out of your friggin bat shit crazy mind bigly. Get some help for your dementia.

Forum List

Back