Trump invited Paul Singer to the WH, asked if he were gay - after he put a lot of money behind LGBT causes. "No, but my son is", Pence began to leave

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
“Are you gay?” Trump asked Paul Singer, who responded in the negative. Trump then turned to Pence, a devout Christian: “You are not like those guys, that kind of conservative?”

key excerpt:

Donald Trump told Mike Pence that gay people love him, according to a new book by The New York Times' Maggie Haberman.

In Haberman's book, Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America, she detailed Trump's behavior and actions throughout his presidency.

In one particular extract, on page 299, she detailed the conversation Trump had with conservative donor and philanthropist Paul Singer.

Trump allegedly made this statement when Pence attempted to leave the room after Singer revealed that he was in favor of gay rights and had supported them as his son was homosexual.

NEWSWEEK NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP >
During the meeting, which took place as Trump, Pence and his aides prepared the president for a press conference, Trump made idle chat with Singer, according to the book.

When asked by Trump "how conservative are you?" Singer allegedly replied that he was quite conservative on economic issues but more moderate on other issues, such as gay rights.

Singer also said he had been involved in efforts to legalize same-sex marriage. Trump allegedly followed up by asking if Singer was gay, to which he replied he wasn't but his son was.

"Pence began to leave. Trump gestured toward the vice president and said 'you're not like those guys, that kind of conservative?'" The extract from the book read.

"[Trump] added, 'the gays, they love me,' noting that the line in his convention speech that received the most applause was a vow to 'protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology"

OK, are you just out of things to stir up the pot with today?? Cause this really doesn't cut any mustard.
A giant..who cares?? :auiqs.jpg:

Surely there must be SOMETHING else? :)

• Banned
OK, are you just out of things to stir up the pot with today?? Cause this really doesn't cut any mustard.
A giant..who cares?? :auiqs.jpg:

Surely there must be SOMETHING else? :)
i'm riding the anti-Trump sentiment that's going on right now at USMB lol...besides, i'm angry at Trump myself for eviscerating the great Don Bolduc after he lost narrowly in New Hampshire

Forum List

Back