Trump: I Won't Attend White House Correspondents Dinner

Trump should go visit a VA Hospital and hang with some Vets instead. Or hang with supporters or soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think most Americans would respect him for that. Correspondents Dinners are very cheezy. I'd like to see Trump skip it.
But you really respect him for reducing his intelligence briefings to ONE page (preferably with many illustrations) so he has more time to tweet and pretend to not be playing golf, right?

Yeah, cuz yer 'Hope & Change Messiah' didn't play golf. Of course not. Whatever. Movin on...

He never pulled one of these to my knowledge.....

Aides to Trump, Critic of Obama’s Time Spent Golfing, Try to Hide President’s Time on the Links

It's a really fun night for folks who like politics and satirical comedy based on it. The jokes aren't always as good as one's favorite comedians, but because of who's delivering them or sitting there laughing at themselves, it's entertaining. Very entertaining.

Well, finally. Trump makes a statement that doesn't require one to willingly suspend disbelief.

The annual dinner also features a roast of the president by a comedian ― something that may not have gone over with the notoriously thin-skinned Trump.

I think it's very humanizing when a POTUS and his top aides laugh at themselves.

Trump's missing out, and he doesn't understand that he is because all that he can think about is himself. He's quick to "rag" on others, but he can't take it in return, and he damn sure can't and won't make fun of himself. Were he to go, I think he'd find himself sitting there thinking all the ribbing was serious.

Here're some clips from past dinners:

One of the best things he could do to boost his image is to be seen laughing at himself and "taking it as good as he gives it." Oh, well, nobody ever thought the man had mastered good natured self deprecation....

Trump’s announcement, which gave no reason

...I think everyone knows his personality well enough not to need a reason. Besides, he, like anyone who declines an invitation to a social event, doesn't have to give a reason why he's not attending; regrets and warm wishes are quite sufficient.

That said, I yet find it ironic that he declined. Trump likes to rag on people and deride them more than any public figure I can recall. WHCD is one time when he can do that as much as he wants and it'll be received in good spirits. How does an entertainer in chief pass up that opportunity? Oh, well.....
Trump is a different animal, and that is exactly what Hollywood is terrified about. Trump is all business, and the Hollywood elite use jokes and comedic platforms to try and make one in which they fear a joke before the masses. Trump ain't taking the bait, and their heads are exploding.. lol

Yes, he would be welcomed there at least. Because obviously he is not invited or welcomed to the white correspondents dinner...

If he wasn't invited, how can he decline to attend? You ain't much for thinkin' is ya, Rustic?

No....Obviously Trump was invited........and OBVIOUSLY he is a fucking coward....

Ya follah?
Na, he's smarter than that - he knows you they don't want him there. He would Be an absolute idiot to go...

Fluck the Fake Newsters. Nuff said.
Are you the Meathead who admitted to relying on Instapundit as your primary source of information?

Trump not hangin with Fake News assholes doesn't upset me in the slightest. I'd like to see him go hang with some Vets at a VA Hospital instead. The Media is rated as just about the most despised and least trusted entity on earth. So Trump can skip this cheezy event. I don't have a problem with it.
How do you know it is "fake news"?

Did Reynolds tell you that?

And nothing, except for his demanding vacation schedule, precludes T-rump from staging a photo op at a VA hospital.

It's a really fun night for folks who like politics and satirical comedy based on it. The jokes aren't always as good as one's favorite comedians, but because of who's delivering them or sitting there laughing at themselves, it's entertaining. Very entertaining.

Well, finally. Trump makes a statement that doesn't require one to willingly suspend disbelief.

The annual dinner also features a roast of the president by a comedian ― something that may not have gone over with the notoriously thin-skinned Trump.

I think it's very humanizing when a POTUS and his top aides laugh at themselves.

Trump's missing out, and he doesn't understand that he is because all that he can think about is himself. He's quick to "rag" on others, but he can't take it in return, and he damn sure can't and won't make fun of himself. Were he to go, I think he'd find himself sitting there thinking all the ribbing was serious.

One of the best things he could do to boost his image is to be seen laughing at himself and "taking it as good as he gives it." Oh, well, nobody ever thought the man had mastered good natured self deprecation....

...I think everyone knows his personality well enough not to need a reason. Besides, he, like anyone who declines an invitation to a social event, doesn't have to give a reason why he's not attending; regrets and warm wishes are quite sufficient.

That said, I yet find it ironic that he declined. Trump likes to rag on people and deride them more than any public figure I can recall. WHCD is one time when he can do that as much as he wants and it'll be received in good spirits. How does an entertainer in chief pass up that opportunity? Oh, well.....
Trump is a different animal, and that is exactly what Hollywood is terrified about. Trump is all business, and the Hollywood elite use jokes and comedic platforms to try and make one in which they fear a joke before the masses. Trump ain't taking the bait, and their heads are exploding.. lol

So you've been told to think, eh?

And mine. There is no consent in his mind. He seems to think he has a right to do it....

That aside, that we are even discussing this in the context that he said what he said and that it's okay says a lot. None of it good.

HIs words, "they let you".

That is consent.

Is this really what you are down to? TO being the anti-sex party in order to have an excuse to smear some guy bragging about his sexual conquests?

That's his idea of consent? Trumpis a the Fake News King and lies on command, so I wouldnt believe a thing he says.

What is your argument here? Are you arguing that his "idea of consent" is wrong? Or that he is lying?
You are as fucking stupid as anyone I've ever encountered here...

Consenting is an explicit act......it has nothing to do with "submitting".......

That is an absurd claim. Consent can be implicit, and when it comes to initial sexual contact normally is.

Have you really asked in the past for permission to kiss a girl for the first time? Or did you lean in and see how she reacted?
. Yep, and he said that "they will let you". Why is that so hard for them to understand ?

That is consent.

Is this really what you are down to? TO being the anti-sex party in order to have an excuse to smear some guy bragging about his sexual conquests?

That's his idea of consent? Trumpis a the Fake News King and lies on command, so I wouldnt believe a thing he says.

What is your argument here? Are you arguing that his "idea of consent" is wrong? Or that he is lying?
You are as fucking stupid as anyone I've ever encountered here...

Consenting is an explicit act......it has nothing to do with "submitting".......

That is an absurd claim. Consent can be implicit, and when it comes to initial sexual contact normally is.

Have you really asked in the past for permission to kiss a girl for the first time? Or did you lean in and see how she reacted?
. Yep, and he said that "they will let you". Why is that so hard for them to understand ?
Because it's not what HE says..... It's about whether THEY consented....

Seriously, you people are morons.

If he wasn't invited, how can he decline to attend? You ain't much for thinkin' is ya, Rustic?

No....Obviously Trump was invited........and OBVIOUSLY he is a fucking coward....

Ya follah?
Na, he's smarter than that - he knows you they don't want him there. He would Be an absolute idiot to go...

Are you the Meathead who admitted to relying on Instapundit as your primary source of information?

Trump not hangin with Fake News assholes doesn't upset me in the slightest. I'd like to see him go hang with some Vets at a VA Hospital instead. The Media is rated as just about the most despised and least trusted entity on earth. So Trump can skip this cheezy event. I don't have a problem with it.

And nothing, except for his demanding vacation schedule, precludes T-rump from staging a photo op at a VA hospital.

Trump not hangin with Fake News assholes is a good thing. I don't see it as a 'bad thing.' I think he can easily find more credible decent human beings to hang with instead. I hope he does that.

Trump should go visit a VA Hospital and hang with some Vets instead. Or hang with supporters or soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think most Americans would respect him for that. Correspondents Dinners are very cheezy. I'd like to see Trump skip it.
But you really respect him for reducing his intelligence briefings to ONE page (preferably with many illustrations) so he has more time to tweet and pretend to not be playing golf, right?
. Why is it any of your business what he does ? You got some skin in the game or you just like trolling the President ?

Trump not hangin with Fake News assholes is a good thing. I don't see it as a 'bad thing.' I think he can easily find more credible decent human beings to hang with instead. I hope he does that.
One more time...

How do you know it is " fake"?

??? The people who attend that dinner aren't Hollywood elite. There're occasionally some Hollywood folks there, but it's Washington's political, social and journalistic elite at that event.

....the Hollywood elite use jokes and comedic platforms to try and make one in which they fear a joke before the masses.

What?

. Why is it any of your business what he does ? You got some skin in the game or you just like trolling the President ?
Read the citation, Imbecile.....hell, you only really need to read the link title....

Geez.

He or she is infatuated with the Democrat Fake Newsters. Too bad he or she doesn't realize that they're the lowest lifeforms on earth. Definitely not worthy of loyal worship.

he was spending time with Americans

Donald-Trump-Veterans-USS-Iowa-2-AP-640x480.jpg

He or she is infatuated with the Democrat Fake Newsters. Too bad he or she doesn't realize that they're the lowest lifeforms on earth. Definitely not worthy of loyal worship.

Why are you so reluctant to tell me why you "think" the news is fake?

For the record, I rely on Bloomberg, Brad DeLong (Google him.....calls his site Grasping Reality.....you'll hate it) and primary sources....

Oh my bad! That makes it okay then! :cuckoo:

Consensual sexual contact is ok in my book.

And mine. There is no consent in his mind. He seems to think he has a right to do it....

That aside, that we are even discussing this in the context that he said what he said and that it's okay says a lot. None of it good.

That is consent.

Both....

Trump should skip the Dinner because he's not spontaneous and he's thin skinned and a narcissist.

Trump should skip the Dinner because he's not spontaneous and he's thin skinned and a narcissist.
All that is Indisputable...... Makes one wonder why these idiots persist.

Opinion Propaganda isn't 'News' or 'Fact.'
Well what is fact!!! Trump's refusal to release his taxes is nefarious at best and 229 GOP house members are in cohots with protecting Trump when it comes to his taxes. Had Trump released is taxes during the GOP primary, he never would have become President!!!!

Forum List

Back