Trump finally get's a lawyer to represent him in potential criminal case

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Trump is having a hard time hiring lawyers because of his reputation. He finally got former Florida Solicitor General Chris Kise.
Numerous other criminal defense attorneys have said they couldn’t represent the former president in the Southern District of Florida, citing the all-consuming job of representing Trump or his reputation as a penny-pinching problematic client with a history of having rival advisers who backstab one another, according to five people with knowledge of the legal effort.
It is the Trump way in all he does.

It is not uncommon for defense attorneys in criminal cases to demand and receive a significant portion of their fees up front. And if they anticipate having lots of additional costs and expenses (from retaining experts to paying for expensive transcripts), they can also get a lump sum upfront for those things and put it into their attorney escrow accounts.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump turned out to be a “difficult” client. That can really undercut the work of a defense lawyer. So, I’d be surprised if the attorney who accepts such a case from Trump doesn’t have a very significant heart to heart with the client ahead of time. Lay the groundwork. Include escape clauses, too.

Trump is having a hard time hiring lawyers because of his reputation. He finally got former Florida Solicitor General Chris Kise.
Numerous other criminal defense attorneys have said they couldn’t represent the former president in the Southern District of Florida, citing the all-consuming job of representing Trump or his reputation as a penny-pinching problematic client with a history of having rival advisers who backstab one another, according to five people with knowledge of the legal effort.

Trumps issues have nothing to do with progressive pressure on clients of any law firm that takes him to drop said law firm, right?

Trumps issues have nothing to do with progressive pressure on clients of any law firm that takes him to drop said law firm, right?
It is not just progressives not wanting to associate with Trump lawyers, it is moderate Republicans and Independents that do not want any of the Trump stench associated with them.

It is not just progressives not wanting to associate with Trump lawyers, it is moderate Republicans and Independents that do not want any of the Trump stench associated with them.

Well I forgot the NeverTrumpers were doing the same thing, calling and pressuring Trumps firms and potential firms to either drop him or not work with him or else they would pressure their other clients to drop them.

Thanks for reminding me the Quislings were doing the same Stasi bullshit progs were doing.

It is not uncommon for defense attorneys in criminal cases to demand and receive a significant portion of their fees up front. And if they anticipate having lots of additional costs and expenses (from retaining experts to paying for expensive transcripts), they can also get a lump sum upfront for those things and put it into their attorney escrow accounts.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump turned out to be a “difficult” client. That can really undercut the work of a defense lawyer. So, I’d be surprised if the attorney who accepts such a case from Trump doesn’t have a very significant heart to heart with the client ahead of time. Lay the groundwork. Include escape clauses, too.
Hard to have a meaningful heart to heart with a client that is not mentally competent.

Donald has never listened to advice from anyone. He probably wouldn't even be paying attention. Would you like to represent him?

Well I forgot the NeverTrumpers were doing the same thing, calling and pressuring Trumps firms and potential firms to either drop him or not work with him or else they would pressure their other clients to drop them.

Thanks for reminding me the Quislings were doing the same Stasi bullshit progs were doing.
You do not know what cancel culture is until you cross Donald Trump.

I just stopped by to remind you that there is no apostrophe in the word in your title: gets

I will now mosey along since I'm not in the mood for libtards at this time, especially ones who don't know grammar well. Tomorrow is not looking good either.

Enjoy your English lesson for the day..

:5_1_12024:

I just stopped by to remind you that there is no apostrophe in the word in your title: gets

I will now mosey along since I'm not in the mood for libtards at this time, especially ones who don't know grammar well. Tomorrow is not looking good either.

Enjoy your English lesson for the day..

Thank you, very much, for correcting my grammatical error. Trump's trained monkeys are not helpful, very often, but you were in this situation.

Thank you, very much, for correcting my grammatical error. Trump's trained monkeys are not helpful, very often, but you were in this situation.
correction:

you were, in this situation. Notice the comma I added.

You're welcome, Bidum-trained Monkey

Trump Finally got a lawyer?

Which one?

Frito Pendejo:

1661893887599.png

or Vincent Gambini:

1661893951067.png

??

correction:

you were, in this situation. Notice the comma I added.

You're welcome, Bidum-trained Monkey

How can someone, who is competent in grammar, be so stupid as to support Trump.
Your stupidity is further shown with the assumption that anyone who finds Trump abhorrent is a fan of Biden.

Your stupidity is further shown with the assumption that anyone who finds Trump abhorrent is a fan of Biden.

Your commas here are unnecessary

You mean Your stupidity is further shown BY (not with)

Enjoy your 2nd English lesson for the day.. Oh, wait, I believe that would be the 3rd one.

Your commas here are unnecessary

You mean Your stupidity is further shown BY (not with)

Enjoy your 2nd English lesson for the day.. Oh, wait, I believe that would be the 3rd one.
You do not know the forest from the trees. You have the grammar tree down. Good for you. A human spell check. But you are clueless on the forest. (the real world)
Supporters of Trump lack morals, ethics, honesty and tend to be white supremacists. Other than that they are a fine group. Cult members, trained monkeys that defend Trump at every turn. Some are grammar Nazis. Some are just Nazis.

Forum List

Back