Trump Fan Convicted In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot Asks Judge To Consider Trump’s Rhetoric

"Trump made me do it..."

:laughing0301:
More like 'Trump made me think it is OK'.
History is full of leaders who created and ginned up disastrous situations, like the Pope encouraging Crusades, or that monk that sold indulgences, or the charge at Gallipoli, or Torquemada slaughtering in God's name. Or Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld ginning up a war against a bystander country that had nothing to do with the event that got our dander up....And that we are still dying for.

It's called "personal responsibility". Most conservatives have it, evidently this shithead didn't.

Trump Fan Convicted In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot Asks Judge To Consider Trump's Rhetoric | HuffPost

Attorneys for a President Donald Trump supporter who was convicted in a domestic terrorism plot aimed at slaughtering Muslim refugees asked a federal judge to factor in the “backdrop” of Trump’s campaign rhetoric when deciding their client’s sentence this week.

Patrick Stein was one of three right-wing militiamen found guilty in April of a conspiracy to kill Muslim refugees living in rural Kansas. Ahead of the 2016 election, Stein and two others plotted with an FBI informant and an undercover agent to bomb an apartment complex that housed Muslims in Garden City. Stein went by the handle “Orkin Man” and referred to Muslims as “cockroaches” he wanted exterminated.

At trial, defense attorneys referred to the defendants as “knuckleheads” who were engaged in “locker room talk,” and Stein’s attorney argued his client was a victim of a “chaos news” environment that had him thinking a civil war was coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we are America, living in a nation I no longer recognize, a nation where a TV personality stirs racial hatred, incivility, incites others to violence, and some how becomes theoretically the most powerful person on planet Earth. This is all 'acceptable.'
This is what we have come to; a nation that tolerates, even cheering on the POTUS attacking the press on a daily basis, bombers sending explosive devices to political foes, murderers killing citizens in their houses of worship, people planning to bomb others they hate.
This is OUR new America. Insanity. Acceptable. Good. Normal. Enjoy when it comes to you.
You blame Trump for this shooting? Why are you such a weirdo, and why do you think anyone would take your weird thoughts seriously?
I think it is the shooter that is blaming Trump for the shooting. It's an attorney's ploy though, and probably wont work. Remember Geraldine saying "The devil made me do it!"? This is just another way of saying 'even if I did it, it is not my fault'. In a few years, even he will laugh at the silly excuse.

Trump Fan Convicted In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot Asks Judge To Consider Trump's Rhetoric | HuffPost

Attorneys for a President Donald Trump supporter who was convicted in a domestic terrorism plot aimed at slaughtering Muslim refugees asked a federal judge to factor in the “backdrop” of Trump’s campaign rhetoric when deciding their client’s sentence this week.

Patrick Stein was one of three right-wing militiamen found guilty in April of a conspiracy to kill Muslim refugees living in rural Kansas. Ahead of the 2016 election, Stein and two others plotted with an FBI informant and an undercover agent to bomb an apartment complex that housed Muslims in Garden City. Stein went by the handle “Orkin Man” and referred to Muslims as “cockroaches” he wanted exterminated.

At trial, defense attorneys referred to the defendants as “knuckleheads” who were engaged in “locker room talk,” and Stein’s attorney argued his client was a victim of a “chaos news” environment that had him thinking a civil war was coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we are America, living in a nation I no longer recognize, a nation where a TV personality stirs racial hatred, incivility, incites others to violence, and some how becomes theoretically the most powerful person on planet Earth. This is all 'acceptable.'
This is what we have come to; a nation that tolerates, even cheering on the POTUS attacking the press on a daily basis, bombers sending explosive devices to political foes, murderers killing citizens in their houses of worship, people planning to bomb others they hate.
This is OUR new America. Insanity. Acceptable. Good. Normal. Enjoy when it comes to you.
You blame Trump for this shooting? Why are you such a weirdo, and why do you think anyone would take your weird thoughts seriously?
I think it is the shooter that is blaming Trump for the shooting. It's an attorney's ploy though, and probably wont work. Remember Geraldine saying "The devil made me do it!"? This is just another way of saying 'even if I did it, it is not my fault'. In a few years, even he will laugh at the silly excuse.

Oh, look; yet another idiot that doesn't know what the Hell they are talking about.

We are discussing a plot to bomb Muslims living in an apartment complex.

Oh, look; yet another idiot that doesn't know what the Hell they are talking about.

We are discussing a plot to bomb Muslims living in an apartment complex.
Sorry, caddo. I thought you were talking about the shooter's defense of citing Trump's speeches as his excuse.

I doubt that he'll be around in a few years. They do have a death penalty in that state, I believe.

Forum List

Back