Trump Encouraged Staff To Break The Law, Says Former Press Secretary

Nor would I argue too strenuously against that, either.

However, you, as a presumed adult contributor here, poster Harmonica.... rarely, if ever, offer perspectives with any thoughtful insights.

No disrespect intended.
....I back up my claims--unlike you--you just babble LENGTHY sentences with LARGE words
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHHAAHHAHHA

Well, who can't admire the good poster Harmonica's originality?

No disrespect intended.
Honest.
just so you , and others, know --because you don't get such simple [ HAHAHAHAHAH ] clues, whenever I copy a reply, it means the poster is just babbling crap--I can claim the same thing

“When we would get Hatch Act violations, that was a badge of honor,” said Stephanie Grisham.

Former President Donald Trump encouraged staffers to feel free to break the law, his one-time press secretary Stephanie Grisham told CNN’s Jim Acosta on Saturday.

Grisham’s revelations came just days after a federal investigative report revealed that at least 13 former Trump officials violated the Hatch Act by intermingling their government duties with campaigning.

They did so without consequence and with the administration’s approval as part of a “willful disregard for the Hatch Act,” which bars officials from using their platforms to influence elections, concluded the report by the Office of Special Counsel.

“In the White House, when we would get Hatch Act violations, that was a badge of honor,” Grisham told Acosta.

“It was a joke in the White House. The president used to say to us, ‘You know who’s in charge of the Hatch Act? It’s me, [so] go ahead, say whatever you want to say.’”

Because of his disregard for the law, Trump will continue to try to stonewall a demand for documents by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, Grisham believes. He will also continue to encourage former aides to flout subpoenas to testify, she said.

Steve Bannon, who ignored his subpoena, will now wear his indictment for criminal contempt of Congress like a “badge of honor,” and use it to fundraise, Grisham added.

As for the Hatch Act, brazen violators included former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, ex-senior White House aide Jared Kushner, former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, aide Kellyanne Conway and one-time senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, the report noted.

This is no surprise to anyone who followed politics during the Trump Administration. What do you think?
I think you should see a head shrinker about your chronic case of TDS.

EO.jpg

Well, one can acknowledge the prolific poster Harmonica's prompt response; however......a couple things in it should be mentioned.

To wit: my poor avatar ain't a leftist.
Nor is he/she 'black'. So there is that.

And too, because we are pretty doggone rural..."race" doesn't really show up on the radar screens of many locals. It's a pretty large pile of salt nearby....with relatively few grains of pepper.

I do have a Native (Anishinaabe/Odawa) neighbor. And he....and his family.... are proud of their blood.
And not unimportantly, I like the hell outta the guy. (and his family)

So, with that said, I will not argue strenuously against a "
fkd up mind" (your words, not mine)......but it ain't because of race, or my Odawa neighbor. There's likely other factors.

So there is that.
you missed the '''etc''' there

Oh, I quite agree.
Hence, a diversity of sources.

But, notably, while my skepticism applies to "corporate media" that has the resources, talented people to dig deeper, develop important sources, offer experienced based insights.

But it also applies to:

The non-corporate -----Loud-Guy-In-the-Back-Bedroom-Filming-For-YouTube'
I’m not agreeing to that. I don’t believe corporate media has the right people, sources, or insights. They are controlled by higher forces and are incapable of exposing the truth as it applies to government and politics. They are pretty good at telling us what the weather will be over the next 24 hours.

I suppose you and the OP really think no other President encouraged their staff to break the law. This in no way defends dumb Don’s actions, but stop being dupes of the corporate media.

Yes most AG are useless. I can’t think of one worse than Holder, can you? He did all he could to protect his boss over following the law.

Bill Barr, hands down the biggest POS to ever be AG of the USA. But he worked specifically for the most corrupt POS tovever be POTUS!!!!
MAGA

I think Trump will be your president in 2024.
God let’s hope not. Dumb Don is far too dumb. Not that whoever is potus in 2024 will be any better, but we all know Don’s completely incompetent.

I have to disagree Trump is a president that actually cared for us.
Caring means nothing, though I doubt he cares about anything but himself. It’s about doing the right thing and Don never will.

Xiden (the most popular prez EVAH!) can't get clicks....The lamer media is addicted to ORANGE MAN!

Funny thing, when Trump was president, his supporters bragged about him constantly. And admittedly so, there was some things to brag about. But with Biden, I haven't heard them brag about anything Biden has actually done. Only things they said he was going to do. (and still haven't done)

It's like dayum, the left bashed Trump for the entire 4 years of his presidency. I was almost glad to see someone else in the white house, just so I wouldn't have to hear the left whine, constantly. But they're still whining.
And it doesn't look like they're going to stop any time soon.

Bill Barr, hands down the biggest POS to ever be AG of the USA. But he worked specifically for the most corrupt POS tovever be POTUS!!!!
MAGA
We all bandy words and accusations around on forums. But that is pretty deep. I see no purpose for Trump to be that way. His agendas were the reason he convinced people to vote for him. He was more then most other people running except Cruz. He won because half the nation endures a daily beat down everyday by the media/entertainers.

Forum List

Back