Trump Encouraged Staff To Break The Law, Says Former Press Secretary

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“When we would get Hatch Act violations, that was a badge of honor,” said Stephanie Grisham.

Former President Donald Trump encouraged staffers to feel free to break the law, his one-time press secretary Stephanie Grisham told CNN’s Jim Acosta on Saturday.

Grisham’s revelations came just days after a federal investigative report revealed that at least 13 former Trump officials violated the Hatch Act by intermingling their government duties with campaigning.

They did so without consequence and with the administration’s approval as part of a “willful disregard for the Hatch Act,” which bars officials from using their platforms to influence elections, concluded the report by the Office of Special Counsel.

“In the White House, when we would get Hatch Act violations, that was a badge of honor,” Grisham told Acosta.

“It was a joke in the White House. The president used to say to us, ‘You know who’s in charge of the Hatch Act? It’s me, [so] go ahead, say whatever you want to say.’”

Because of his disregard for the law, Trump will continue to try to stonewall a demand for documents by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, Grisham believes. He will also continue to encourage former aides to flout subpoenas to testify, she said.

Steve Bannon, who ignored his subpoena, will now wear his indictment for criminal contempt of Congress like a “badge of honor,” and use it to fundraise, Grisham added.

As for the Hatch Act, brazen violators included former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, ex-senior White House aide Jared Kushner, former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, aide Kellyanne Conway and one-time senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, the report noted.

This is no surprise to anyone who followed politics during the Trump Administration. What do you think?

Sadly AG Garland seems to be the next best thing to useless.
I suppose you and the OP really think no other President encouraged their staff to break the law. This in no way defends dumb Don’s actions, but stop being dupes of the corporate media.

Yes most AG are useless. I can’t think of one worse than Holder, can you? He did all he could to protect his boss over following the law.

“When we would get Hatch Act violations, that was a badge of honor,” said Stephanie Grisham.

Former President Donald Trump encouraged staffers to feel free to break the law, his one-time press secretary Stephanie Grisham told CNN’s Jim Acosta on Saturday.

Grisham’s revelations came just days after a federal investigative report revealed that at least 13 former Trump officials violated the Hatch Act by intermingling their government duties with campaigning.

They did so without consequence and with the administration’s approval as part of a “willful disregard for the Hatch Act,” which bars officials from using their platforms to influence elections, concluded the report by the Office of Special Counsel.

“In the White House, when we would get Hatch Act violations, that was a badge of honor,” Grisham told Acosta.

“It was a joke in the White House. The president used to say to us, ‘You know who’s in charge of the Hatch Act? It’s me, [so] go ahead, say whatever you want to say.’”

Because of his disregard for the law, Trump will continue to try to stonewall a demand for documents by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, Grisham believes. He will also continue to encourage former aides to flout subpoenas to testify, she said.

Steve Bannon, who ignored his subpoena, will now wear his indictment for criminal contempt of Congress like a “badge of honor,” and use it to fundraise, Grisham added.

As for the Hatch Act, brazen violators included former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, ex-senior White House aide Jared Kushner, former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, aide Kellyanne Conway and one-time senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, the report noted.

This is no surprise to anyone who followed politics during the Trump Administration. What do you think?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA
1. '''says''
2. Huffpost -BIG HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH
huffpost is BLATANTLY white haters/hetero haters/etc = RACISTS and bigots--and you linked THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

All Lies.
Which one? And how do you know?
--------------------------------------
"This in no way defends dumb Don’s actions, but stop being dupes of the corporate media.
OK, first, let's NOT defend, minimize, or ignore Trump's well known attitude and actions. I, for one, believe the woman, knowing full well that she is making her self available to various media outlets in order to gain publicity for her book. I get that. But that doesn't mean that all she says is fabricated due to ill intent towards her former boss.

As far a 'dupes to corporate media'?

'Dupery' is rather subjective. Eyes of he beholder, yadda, yadda, yadda.
But......, 'corporate media' is kinda sorta the world we all live in. Are we to only listen to some guy in his spare bedroom with a mic and a camera on YouTube or Instagram?

I WANT to hear, watch, and read what educated, experienced journalists report.
And I'll seek out a range of outlets so as to get a diversity of perspectives. And in my opinion, 'corporate media' seems to be a useful aid in doing just that. (vs. LoudGuyInTheSpareBedroom)
------------------------------------------------------
huffpost is BLATANTLY white haters/hetero haters/etc = RACISTS and bigots
Whew!!
  • "white haters"
  • "hetero haters"
  • "racists"
  • "bigots"

One has inquire how the good poster Harmonica came to this diverse opinion he offers us. Can he argue persuasively that he knows whereof he speaks? In short, how does he know?

Saddle up, Skippy.

OK, first, let's NOT defend, minimize, or ignore Trump's well known attitude and actions. I, for one, believe the woman, knowing full well that she is making her self available to various media outlets in order to gain publicity for her book. I get that. But that doesn't mean that all she says is fabricated due to ill intent towards her former boss.

But......, 'corporate media' is kinda sorta the world we all live in. Are we to only listen to some guy in his spare bedroom with a mic and a camera on YouTube or Instagram?

And I'll seek out a range of outlets so as to get a diversity of perspectives. And in my opinion, 'corporate media' seems to be a useful aid in doing just that. (vs. LoudGuyInTheSpareBedroom)

Whew!!
  • "white haters"
  • "hetero haters"
  • "racists"
  • "bigots"

One has inquire how the good poster Harmonica came to this diverse opinion he offers us. Can he argue persuasively that he knows whereof he speaks? In short, how does he know?

Saddle up, Skippy.
this is just ONE of many links/articles from huffpost crap

'''''Fellow white women, I’m done with you.'''

UNDENIABLE hate and RACISM
...like I've said many times, you leftists/blacks/etc are so obsessed with RACE, that it has fkd up your minds

I think Trump will be your president in 2024.

this is just ONE of many links/articles from huffpost crap

'''''Fellow white women, I’m done with you.'''

UNDENIABLE hate and RACISM
...like I've said many times, you leftists/blacks/etc are so obsessed with RACE, that it has fkd up your minds
this has so many things wrong with it
she is CONDEMNING people for --------------------------------------------who they voted for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = nazi bastards

Whew!!
  • "white haters"
  • "hetero haters"
  • "racists"
  • "bigots"

Saddle up, Skippy.
You’d be wise to take all reporting skeptically. However, you should most definitely be skeptical of ALL corporate media reporting. It’s been known for decades that the old big corporate media is controlled by government forces and the oligarchy.

"UNDENIABLE hate and RACISM
...like I've said many times, you leftists/blacks/etc are so obsessed with RACE, that it has fkd up your minds"
Well, one can acknowledge the prolific poster Harmonica's prompt response; however......a couple things in it should be mentioned.

To wit: my poor avatar ain't a leftist.
Nor is he/she 'black'. So there is that.

And too, because we are pretty doggone rural..."race" doesn't really show up on the radar screens of many locals. It's a pretty large pile of salt nearby....with relatively few grains of pepper.

I do have a Native (Anishinaabe/Odawa) neighbor. And he....and his family.... are proud of their blood.
And not unimportantly, I like the hell outta the guy. (and his family)

So, with that said, I will not argue strenuously against a "
fkd up mind" (your words, not mine)......but it ain't because of race, or my Odawa neighbor. There's likely other factors.

So there is that.

Well, one can acknowledge the prolific poster Harmonica's prompt response; however......a couple things in it should be mentioned.

And too, because we are pretty doggone rural..."race" doesn't really show up on the radar screens of many locals. It's a pretty large pile of salt nearby....with relatively few grains of pepper.

I do have a Native (Anishinaabe/Odawa) neighbor. And he....and his family.... are proud of their blood.

fkd up mind" (your words, not mine)......but it ain't because of race, or my Odawa neighbor. There's likely other factors.

So there is that.
you also, babble crap a lot

"You’d be wise to take all reporting skeptically."

Oh, I quite agree.
Hence, a diversity of sources.

But, notably, while my skepticism applies to "corporate media" that has the resources, talented people to dig deeper, develop important sources, offer experienced based insights.

But it also applies to:

The non-corporate -----Loud-Guy-In-the-Back-Bedroom-Filming-For-YouTube'

So there is that.
hahahhahahhhhaha
......I claimed huffpost is racist/RACE!!! and you tried very silly babble crap to cover up your failure when I PROVED it after you babbled crap about my claims
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

So there is that.
what does having a Native neighbor have to do with anything???!!!!
I'm native American also

"you also, babble crap a lot"

Nor would I argue too strenuously against that, either.

However, you, as a presumed adult contributor here, poster Harmonica.... rarely, if ever, offer perspectives with any thoughtful insights.

No disrespect intended.

However, you, as a presumed adult contributor here, poster Harmonica.... rarely, if ever, offer perspectives with any thoughtful insights.

No disrespect intended.
However, you, as a presumed adult contributor here, poster Chillicothe.... rarely, if ever, offer perspectives with any thoughtful insights.

No disrespect intended.

Forum List

Back