Trump Done So Many Things Wrong We've Forgotten About

This was written in 2021

One year ago today, President Donald Trump took to the White House briefing room and encouraged his top health officials to study the injection of bleach into the human body as a means of fighting Covid. It was a watershed moment, soon to become iconic in the annals of presidential briefings. It arguably changed the course of political history.

Some ex-Trump aides say they don’t even think about that day as the wildest they experienced — with the conceit that there were simply too many others. But for those there, it was instantly shocking, even by Trump standards. It quickly came to symbolize the chaotic essence of his presidency and his handling of the pandemic. Twelve months later, with the pandemic still lingering and a U.S. death toll nearing 570,000, it still does.

For weeks, Trump had been giving winding, stream-of-consciousness updates on the state of the Covid fight as it clearly worsened. So when he got up from the Oval Office to brief reporters gathered in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room on April 23, there was no expectation that the day’s proceedings would be any different than usual.

Privately, however, some of his aides were worried. The Covid task force had met earlier that day — as usual, without Trump — to discuss the most recent findings, including the effects of light and humidity on how the virus spreads. Trump was briefed by a small group of aides. But it was clear to some aides that he hadn’t processed all the details before he left to speak to the press.

“A few of us actually tried to stop it in the West Wing hallway,” said one former senior Trump White House official. “I actually argued that President Trump wouldn’t have the time to absorb it and understand it. But I lost, and it went how it did.”

Trump started his press conference that day by doing something he’d come to loathe: pushing basic public safety measures. He called for the “voluntary use of face coverings” and said of his administration, “continued diligence is an essential part of our strategy.”

Quickly, however, came a hint at how loose the guardrails were that day. Trump introduced Bill Bryan, head of science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security. “He’s going to be talking about how the virus reacts in sunlight,” the president said. “Wait ‘til you hear the numbers.”

As Bryan spoke, charts were displayed behind him about surface temperatures and virus half-lives. He preached, rather presciently, for people to “move activities outside” and then detailed ongoing studies involving disinfectants. “We tested bleach,” he said at one point. “I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes.”

Standing off to the side, Trump clasped his hands in front of his stomach, nodded and looked out into the room of gathered reporters. When Bryan was done, he strode slowly back to the lectern.

“A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world,” Trump began, clearly thinking the question himself, “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”

The doctor that was with him knew he was talking out of his ass

Dr. Deborah Birx, Trump’s former coronavirus response coordinator, sat silently off to the side as the president made these suggestions to her. Later, she would tell ABC, “I didn’t know how to handle that episode,” adding, “I still think about it every day.”

“Even for him,” said one former Biden campaign aide, “this was stratospherically insane and dangerous. It cemented the case we had been making about his derelict covid response.”

In short order, the infamous bleach press conference became a literal rallying cry for Trump’s opponents, with Biden supporters dotting their yards with “He Won’t Put Bleach In You” signs. For Trump, it was a scourge. He would go on to insist that he was merely being sarcastic — a claim at odds with the excited curiosity he had posing those questions to Birx. His former team concedes that real damage was done.

He wasn't kidding. Do you believe Trump when he said he was kidding? Then you're a fucking idiot.

“People joked about it inside the White House like, ‘Are you drinking bleach and injecting sunlight?’ People were mocking it and saying, ‘Oh let me go stand out in the sun, and I’ll be safe from Covid,” said one former administration official. “It honestly hurt. It was a credibility issue. … It was hurting us even from an international standpoint, the credibility at the White House.”

That Trump was even at the lectern that day was head-scratching for many. For weeks, he and his team had downplayed the severity of the Covid crisis even as the president privately acknowledged to the Washington Post’s Bob Woodward that it had the potential to be catastrophic. But as it became clearer that the public was not buying the rosy assessments, Trump had decided to take his fate into his own hands — assembling the press on a daily basis to spin his way through the crisis.

This: encouraged his top health officials to study the injection of bleach into the human body as a means of fighting Covid.

Isn't this: That's when he suggested we inject bleach into our veins.

Derp.

How many years did you spend as a POW for serving your country?
In Vietnam, McCain told a Vietnamese guard 'Bug' that he would cooperate if they gave him medical attention. He got medical attention, posed for propaganda photos of them treating him and had multiple closed door interrogation sessions. No one knows what he said to them.

A report details multiple instances of President Donald Trump making disparaging remarks about members of the U.S. military who have been captured or killed, including referring to the American war dead at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France in 2018 as “losers” and “suckers.”

A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.

The defense officials said Trump made the comments Nov. 10, 2018.

Staffers from the National Security Council and the Secret Service told Trump that rainy weather made helicopter travel to the cemetery risky, but they could drive there. Trump responded by saying he didn’t want to visit the cemetery because it was “filled with losers,” the official said.

A report details multiple instances of President Donald Trump making disparaging remarks about members of the U.S. military who have been captured or killed, including referring to the American war dead at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France in 2018 as “losers” and “suckers.”

A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.

Staffers from the National Security Council and the Secret Service told Trump that rainy weather made helicopter travel to the cemetery risky, but they could drive there. Trump responded by saying he didn’t want to visit the cemetery because it was “filled with losers,” the official said.

Yet you can’t stop talking about him?

1696283068022.png

In Vietnam, McCain told a Vietnamese guard 'Bug' that he would cooperate if they gave him medical attention. He got medical attention, posed for propaganda photos of them treating him and had multiple closed door interrogation sessions. No one knows what he said to them.
He should be considered a hero if only because he survived. Who are we to judge him?

Gospel of the looney left.

:itsok: Starting to sink in that Trump isn't going anywhere despite all you've been told and will be reelected next year, huh. :itsok:
Abortion alone will defeat Trump next year. Abortion wasn't on the ballot in 2016 when he barely won swing states. SWING STATES bro. Hell, even women in Kansas said hell no to Republicans when they tried to ban abortion in that red state. Now you think young women in MI are going to vote for Trump?

Dude, you're fucked and this is fun. Honestly, I'd rather run against Trump not a curve ball like Christie or Nikki or Scott.

Vivik and DeSantis I'm not afraid of.

He should be considered a hero if only because he survived. Who are we to judge him?
Trump called soldiers who get caught or killed suckers and losers.

If you go back to the 1000 horrible things Trump has said and done, these morons can explain it all away. Making fun of a handicap guy, feuding with parents of a dead soldier, playing politics with covid, telling us to drink bleach. Yes he said it.

He even said Bush lied us into Iraq. This one I agree with but Republicans might bring this one us. He said it. But he's said so many stupid things Republicans have forgotten

This: encouraged his top health officials to study the injection of bleach into the human body as a means of fighting Covid.

Isn't this: That's when he suggested we inject bleach into our veins.

Derp.
Pretty fucking close. Basically that's what he was saying. Watch the video. Watch the shock of the doctor when Trump said the stupid shit he said. Read what she said after the news conference.

In context. Trump started holding these covid press conference even though he didn't want to. He wanted to just ignore it. We know Trump lied to us about how bad covid was and 1 million people died.

OMG, I forgot about that. Trump isn't just responsible for the people who died on Jan 6, he's responsible for so many people dying of covid. Not wearing masks, not social distancing, opening up business too early to protect his precious economy. Taking us into a great recession bigger than Bush's 2007 Great recession. GOP sucks.

That's when he suggested we inject bleach into our veins. LOL.

I'm hoping people remember all the horrible things he did. So many we have forgotten. Like.

Drawing with magic market the hurricane hit alabama rather than admit he was wrong

How about when right away he obstructed justice and Paul Ryan had to make an excuse for him that he's new and didn't know any better. Right from the start trump was breaking the rules/laws

Don't forget he got caught on tape waving top secret shit to guests and admitting he shouldn't have them or be showing them. Then he lied to FBI.

Trump should go to jail just for being a hypocrite. Remember he said anyone who pleads the 5th is guilty? Then later pleaded the 5th?

Remember he said lock her up and then broke all the laws he tried to lock her up for breaking? Wow!

Remember half way through his presidency he was still employing illegals at his resorts?

I think you have become numb to it.
I don’t recall anything about shooting up bleach or vaping a 100% mix of Pure bleach but perhaps a suggestion of a low percent of bleach or some other medicinal chemical wasn’t a ridiculous suggestion from a novice.

I use albuterol sulfate in vape form occasionally, it’s not rare to vape various chemicals or make mountains out of mole hills either for that matter.

I don’t recall anything about shooting up bleach or vaping a 100% mix of Pure bleach but perhaps a suggestion of a low percent of bleach or some other medicinal chemical wasn’t a ridiculous suggestion from a novice.

I use albuterol sulfate in vape form occasionally, it’s not rare to vape various chemicals.

All "doctors" can tell you to do is vape, swallow or inject CHEMICALS.

Anything that Trump had to say about vaping, swallowing or injecting ANY chemicals had at least as much validity as any vaping, swallowing or injecting that the "doctors" want us to do.

I personally know plenty of people who vaped, swallowed or injected CHEMICALS given to them by "doctors", and died.

I use albuterol sulfate in vape form occasionally, it’s not rare to vape various chemicals or make mountains out of mole hills either for that matter.
Stop defending him. Have you looked into all accounts of the day? Trump's handlers said he didn't attend the meetings. Just got a quick briefing before he went out on stage. He WINGED IT. Covid wasn't a fucking joke. Something to be taken seriously. Trump is a fucking idiot. If what he said was what he got out of what his handlers told him in 2 minutes before he went up on the mic and pontificated out loud. So fucking irresponsible. That's not even the word for it. Dangerous? Certainly not leader like. Stupid fuck.

Stop defending him. Have you looked into all accounts of the day? Trump's handlers said he didn't attend the meetings. Just got a quick briefing before he went out on stage. He WINGED IT. Covid wasn't a fucking joke. Something to be taken seriously. Trump is a fucking idiot. If what he said was what he got out of what his handlers told him in 2 minutes before he went up on the mic and pontificated out loud. So fucking irresponsible. That's not even the word for it. Dangerous? Certainly not leader like. Stupid fuck.
You know, I actually enjoy your emotional outbursts and melodrama .. 😀

You know, I actually enjoy your emotional outbursts and melodrama .. 😀
I was going to go look at the news for the day. I swear to god I'm going to start my own news show. No politics. If the NBA is going on, I'll talk about that. If the Pope is visiting, I'll talk about that. Basically I won't let HuffPO or Fox News control me like it controls you. If a flood happened in India killing a bunch of people, I'll report on that. Forest fire in Cali, talk about that. But no politics.

Is there a news channel that doesn't talk politics?

How many years did you spend as a POW for serving your country?
He lived good like King Rat. I do not make light of anyone living in that environment. Our political class was a disgrace with these men. War after war and we do not win.

Trump didn't think much of John McCain's military record either. At least Trump is consistent.

You know what I love Alan? I love it when I say something, Republicans here argue with me and call me stupid, and then the very next day a well known Republican confirms what I said. Like when Ron D said at the debates Trump's spending and tax cuts caused inflation.

Here is another one. Yesterday I said Trump called soldiers who die or get captured losers and suckers. What's in the news today?

Yes, Trump Made All Those Awful Remarks About Veterans, John Kelly Says​

“There is nothing more that can be said,” the former White House chief of staff concluded. “God help us.”

He's lying too? Cassidy Hutchinson's lying too? If everyone Trump says is lying about him, so much with his promise to surround himself with the best and brightest. Because everyone who he surrounded himself with says he's not fit to be president.

John Kelly, who served as former President Donald Trump’s chief of staff, unleashed a blistering attack against his former boss on Monday, confirming on the record that many of Trump’s critical remarks about veterans and injured service members were true.
“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly told CNN in an exclusive statement. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘It doesn’t look good for me.’

Kelly — a retired U.S. Marine Corps general and former secretary of the Department of Homeland Security — was Trump’s longest-serving chief of staff. His comments confirm a multitude of reports about Trump’s statements on service members, veterans and prisoners of war, both in and out of the White House. The former president drew fierce criticism when he expressed his dislike for the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a prisoner of war in Vietnam, saying he liked “people that weren’t captured.”

The statement also bolsters comments in a profile in The Atlantic last month from Gen. Mark Milley, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The piece included an anecdote in which Trump allegedly asked about a wounded Army captain who was singing “God Bless America” at an event.
“Why do you bring people like that here?” Trump reportedly said. “No one wants to see that, the wounded.”

That? Wow

You done been lyin' again, Jethro. And your thread title is illiterate.

Yes everyone is lying including my own eyes and ears.

What do you think about this?

The statement also bolsters comments in a profile in The Atlantic last month from Gen. Mark Milley, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The piece included an anecdote in which Trump allegedly asked about a wounded Army captain who was singing “God Bless America” at an event.

“Why do you bring people like that here?” Trump reportedly said. “No one wants to see that, the wounded.”

Can you imagine? Can you defend this? Or just deny it?

Forum List

Back