Trump doing great for the economy.

Huh. Is that why GDP growth is an alarmingly high 2.3%?
GDP is now being distributed amongst the non-elite.
The Rush Limbaugh lie concerning GDP does not address the population that is benefitting from it.
That’s why I think Rush is a scumbag.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. The data seems to contradict you.

US income inequality jumps to highest level ever recorded | Markets Insider
I don’t trust the same Financial publications that worshipped GW’s economy.
It’s data from the Census Bureau. They’re not political. They’re nerds.

All those stock market gains? Doesn’t even touch half the country.
Stock market gains result in more employment.
I see new malls and supermarkets going up.

Not really.

Who goes to malls anymore?

GDP is now being distributed amongst the non-elite.
The Rush Limbaugh lie concerning GDP does not address the population that is benefitting from it.
That’s why I think Rush is a scumbag.

Not really.

You really do live in a small city.
Nassau County, including the lower income areas.
Let’s put it this way...you live where people don’t want to live.
Even retirement communities are seeing their areas exploding.

Not really.

The weather sucks (for some wusses out there) where I live. The economy here is great.

Malls are dying. Stock market gains don’t cause employment. The economy is not booming. GDP is scraping by because productivity and population growth are quite low.

Not really.

The weather sucks (for some wusses out there) where I live. The economy here is great.

Malls are dying. Stock market gains don’t cause employment. The economy is not booming. GDP is scraping by because productivity and population growth are quite low.
Sure...whatever you say.

Not really.

Sure...whatever you say.

GDP is 2.3%. This isn’t going to knock anyone’s socks off not matter what excuses you attempt to make (at least have excuses that can be backed up by data).

A cop out answer.
I don’t give away personal information online. Sorry.

My guess is Milwaukee. Go Brewers!!!

Milwaukee is a great town. Amazing people.

It is cold. But yes, otherwise very nice. I like Chicago better.
They both have their charms. Chicago is better for the upper crust. Milwaukee is a working man’s haven.

You seem to have an issue with those who do well financially? Odd. Everyone in America is born with equal rights and most strive to become wealthy.

I don’t give away personal information online. Sorry.

They both have their charms. Chicago is better for the upper crust. Milwaukee is a working man’s haven.

You seem to have an issue with those who do well financially? Odd. Everyone in America is born with equal rights and most strive to become wealthy.
I love both the wealthy and the poor. I’ve dined in the Gallery at Alinea and I’ve closed Wolski’s. I’ve got me feet in both worlds.

I want more people to have the opportunities I did but in the country, despite equal rights, the best predictor of your economic status is the status of your parents.

Not really.

Sure...whatever you say.

GDP is 2.3%. This isn’t going to knock anyone’s socks off not matter what excuses you attempt to make (at least have excuses that can be backed up by data).
When 1.2% are getting the GDP for decades and the numbers become distributed to the non-elites, that matters to me.

I love both the wealthy and the poor. I’ve dined in the Gallery at Alinea and I’ve closed Wolski’s. I’ve got me feet in both worlds.

I want more people to have the opportunities I did but in the country, despite equal rights, the best predictor of your economic status is the status of your parents.

The key is having two parents! My parents are better off than me and they came here with nothing and didn't speak the language. But they both worked, bought their house cheaply in the early 80s. Only had one child and killed it professionally. Their wealth significantly eclipses mine.

The key is having two parents! My parents are better off than me and they came here with nothing and didn't speak the language. But they both worked, bought their house cheaply in the early 80s. Only had one child and killed it professionally. Their wealth significantly eclipses mine.

in trumps great economy ?

thats ODD.

Even having two parents isn’t as strong a predictor as parent’s socioeconomic class. I don’t have a solution, and I don’t know that there even can be or should be a solution, but we need to come to terms with how wealth perpetuates through our society. We are not the meritocracy that’s we want to think we are. Social mobility is actually declining. Has been for decades.

in trumps great economy ?

thats ODD.

I am 39 and they are in their late 60s. What is so odd about that?

Not really.

Sure...whatever you say.

When 1.2% are getting the GDP for decades and the numbers become distributed to the non-elites, that matters to me.

This is half gibberish.

Even having two parents isn’t as strong a predictor as parent’s socioeconomic class. I don’t have a solution, and I don’t know that there even can be or should be a solution, but we need to come to terms with how wealth perpetuates through our society. We are not the meritocracy that’s we want to think we are. Social mobility is actually declining. Has been for decades.

We will never have equal opportunities but we do have equal rights. A two parent home is a start. Not becoming a single parent, graduating HS and garnering a job guarantees that you will not be poor (98% chance). The rest is up to you in terms of how rich you want to get. Mark Cuban filed bankruptcy 3x before he hit it big? Successful people take risks.

We will never have equal opportunities but we do have equal rights. A two parent home is a start. Not becoming a single parent, graduating HS and garnering a job guarantees that you will not be poor (98% chance).The rest is up to you in terms of how rich you want to get. Mark Cuban filed bankruptcy 3x before he hit it big? Successful people take risks.

Taking risks is easier when you’re parents are wealthy. Going to expensive colleges is easier when you aren’t worried about loans. Public schools are better when the property values are high.

The rest is up to you in terms of how rich you want to get.

Not exactly. Being born to rich parents matters more than anything else. And it matters more now than it has in a very long time. I don’t like it. Not one bit. But it’s true.

We will never have equal opportunities but we do have equal rights. A two parent home is a start. Not becoming a single parent, graduating HS and garnering a job guarantees that you will not be poor (98% chance).The rest is up to you in terms of how rich you want to get. Mark Cuban filed bankruptcy 3x before he hit it big? Successful people take risks.

Taking risks is easier when you’re parents are wealthy. Going to expensive colleges is easier when you aren’t worried about loans. Public schools are better when the property values are high.

Not exactly. Being born to rich parents matters more than anything else. And it matters more now than it has in a very long time. I don’t like it. Not one bit. But it’s true.

Do you define Middle Class as rich? Let's say combined AGI of $200K living in a suburb in CT?

Do you define Middle Class as rich? Let's say combined AGI of $200K living in a suburb in CT?

Who cares? Middle class is such a loaded term and it’s practically meaningless. You can define it however you want.

Who cares? Middle class is such a loaded term and it’s practically meaningless. You can define it however you want.
In my example is that family middle class or rich by your operational definition?

In my example is that family middle class or rich by your operational definition?

I told you. I don’t have an operational definition. I don’t think it’s a useful concept.

I told you. I don’t have an operational definition. I don’t think it’s a useful concept.
Then it is impossible for us to continue this discussion.

Forum List

Back