trump claims he told NATO country he would not protect them if Russia attacked them

Well, pay your dues. How hard is that?
If European NATO members supposedly ain't willing to "pay their dues" why would that be an American problem or issue?

When since 1949, did any European NATO member ever call onto the USA to "protect" them, aka help them to fight the USSR or Russia?
Financial support and engagement amongst EU NATO members towards their national armed forces, was absolutely in line until the dissolution of the USSR.

Russia has got "fucking nothing" (see present Ukraine conflict) with which to pose a threat towards the European NATO - and Russia's still existing nuke potential can't be balanced nor prevented via conventional NATO forces. The only factually realistic support ever given by the USA towards the USSR and now Russia, is the Nuclear umbrella by the USA - and how much do you want to bet about the USA willingness to risk it's own territory and population, to get into a nuclear confrontation with Russia, because of some European NATO member???

Had NATO countries excluding the U.S. lived up to their obligations there would not be the Munitions and material shortages NATO, the Ukraine or America are facing at the present time.

**********​
**********​
**********​

Last edited by a moderator:
Had NATO countries excluding the U.S. lived up to their obligations there would not be the shortages NATO, the Ukraine or America is facing at the present time.

**********​
**********​
**********​

And had we and the EU not fomented the 'color revolution' against a democratically elected Ukrainian President, we wouldn't be here now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I swear this man is trying to lose. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and let Biden drown in the media cycle and instead he just keeps trying to one up him on the insanity scale.

I'm just out of words at this point. Imagine what our allies are thinking. Does he not realize they know what's happening right near them, in Ukraine?

This is a former, and possibly future, American President. He's killing us. He figures we don't need allies. How do people support this?

If European NATO members supposedly ain't willing to "pay their dues" why would that be an American problem or issue?

When since 1949, did any European NATO member ever call onto the USA to "protect" them, aka help them to fight the USSR or Russia?
Financial support and engagement amongst EU NATO members towards their national armed forces, was absolutely in line until the dissolution of the USSR.
The only call under Article 5, I think it is, has been from the US for assistance in Afghanistan from its NATO allies, which was given.

From the screeching, you'd think it was the other way around.

‘The White House later Saturday called Trump’s remarks “appalling and unhinged” and touted President Joe Biden’s efforts to bolster the alliance.

“President Biden has restored our alliances and made us stronger in the world because he knows every commander in chief’s first responsibility is to keep the American people safe and hold true to the values that unite us. … Encouraging invasions of our closest allies by murderous regimes is appalling and unhinged – and it endangers American national security, global stability, and our economy at home,” White House spokesperson Andrew Bates said in a statement.’

Further proof that Trump is unfit to be president.

IMO only Switzerland, since they have the necessary plebiscites and laws in place, for the "people" to "control" their respective government.
Interesting. The Swiss immigrants I've met, when I ask, incredulously, why on earth they're here, reply that Aotearoa is 'freer'.

Last edited:
~~~~~~
Really?
Had NATO countries excluding the U.S. lived up to their obligations there would not be the Munitions and material shortages NATO, the Ukraine or America are facing at the present time.
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with "military shortages" but simply and only the "missing" political will to get the European NATO into an all out war with Russia because of the Ukraine - you moron. And since you don't know let me tell you - Ukraine is NOT a NATO member.

I'm just out of words at this point. Imagine what our allies are thinking. Does he not realize they know what's happening right near them, in Ukraine?

This is a former, and possibly future, American President. He's killing us. He figures we don't need allies. How do people support this?
People who don't live in the weapons testing zone, ie Americans, don't understand how their instant policy reversals reverberate with the US allies.
I mean, no one with any sense trusts the US to hold any course or fulfil any agreement as those can and do change in an instant.

People who don't live in the weapons testing zone, ie Americans, don't understand how their instant policy reversals reverberate with the US allies.
I mean, no one with any sense trusts the US to hold any course or fulfil any agreement as those can and do change in an instant.
Yeah, they're watching this closely and don't like what they're seeing.

These people have zero concept of how much freedom our allies give us to gather information and protect ourselves, and now they know things are changing. This works both ways, but these manipulated children -- and I'm including their boi king -- don't see that.

Let's just turn America into a giant fortress, with one massive wall all around us. That'll work. Free-dumb.

Interesting. The Swiss immigrants I've met, when I ask, incredulously, why on earth they're here, is that Aotearoa is 'freer'.

Switzerland is the only country in the world that adheres towards democracy via it's constitution providing for a plebiscite based government policy - thus ensuring the "peoples right and will" towards governing their own will and life via plebiscites.

The amendment, cancellation or introduction of any law in Switzerland, is fully depended on a plebiscite. Right down to the setting of a fine in regards to a speeding ticket.

As such the statements of those Swiss immigrants you are citing - don't make sense at all. Maybe they belong to those who never participate in plebiscites (who's participation is indeed sometimes very low) but then always complain.

The State of Bavaria to which I belong has a large provision for plebiscites in it's constitution - however most people are simply to lazy to be bothered with participating - and prefer to simply complain.

Forum List

Back