Trump can't secure the $454 million bond

Did Trump lie before the court under oath, when he claimed he had $400 million in liquid assets?

I am not a Trump fan, at all, which has been more than evident....

And I understand the amount of the judgement, was Trump's ill gotten gains from the fraud over the 10 year period....

But....I believe the penalty is just too high, for the crime....and should be reduced.

What's tricky with their laws, is the now libel defendant has to put up the money owed, BEFORE they can appeal the judgement....it's understandable to have to put the full libel amount up, before allowing an appeal so that it is secured...

However, if the defendant's appeal is for the judgement amount being too high in the first place, how can they ever be able to appeal the amount being too high, if they never could come up with the amount that was too high, up front?

Having to sell off properties at likely a lower value, to meet the libel judgement that the defendant is appealing as too high, to let's say get a judgement in their favor....what good would that lower amount judgement mean, when the defendant already had to Fire sale his properties?

Am I understanding this all correctly????

EDIT!

OK, he can still appeal the amount without putting up all the money is what was said on the news, but Letitia James can begin going after his properties while he is appealing the actual verdict.

Last edited:

Donald Trump's lawyers told a New York appellate court Monday that it's impossible for him to post a bond covering the full amount of his $454 million civil fraud judgment while he appeals.

The former president's lawyers wrote in a court filing that 'obtaining an appeal bond in the full amount' of the judgment 'is not possible under the circumstances presented.'

They revealed they had spoken to 30 underwriters to back the bond, which is due next week. Their efforts included 'countless hours of negotiating with one of the biggest insurance companies in the world'.

New York Attorney General Letitia James, a Democrat, has said that she will seek to seize some of Trump's assets if he´s unable to pay the judgment.

The development comes days after Trump was able to post a $91.6 million bond in the E. Jean Carroll defamation following a jury award he is also appealing.

Comment:
The Democrats are worse than banana republic thugs.
They can't win on the issues, so they are abusing the judicial system to interfere with the election.
History will not be kind to these Banana Republic Democrats.
Cry me a river. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

No you ignorant jackass. James is in more hot water for now backing up the "Board" of one of the Irish Historical Societies which INFLATED the value of their property. And James has come out defending them and stonewalling requests for documents. Just another reason this whole thing against Trump will get tossed entirely. As you bray like the jackass you are.
Still hurting over buddy having to pay up?

He'll let you wash his ass if that will help.

I'm sure he will be granted a stay while the appeal moves along...
Under what grounds?

He clearly told everyone he was a multi billionaire, his lawyer said he was worth 14 bn.

Are we now saying he is lying?

Trump had years to liquify assets for this judgement and he choose not too.

If I was the New York state I would be looking for my money ASAP before he tries and move it out of reach, like he tried during the case.

$454m could be used for parks and school renovations...

$455 M judgement with no victims.

Seems fair and reasonable.

Mar a Lago is worth only $18M? Sure, why not? It couldnt possibly be a political withhunt against the Pub opponent in the upcoming election.

Not a chance it is political. $455M with no victims. Yes.
All lardass Trump has to do is take selfies of his ass & peddle them to you MAGA rabble dopes & he'll raise the money in no time.

But....I believe the penalty is just too high, for the crime....and should be reduced.
His ill gotten gains are far more than the fine. Why should it be reduced? One building from one fraudulent loan alone is worth that much. Not to mention the other lenders and insurance companies he defrauded.

$455 M judgement with no victims.

Seems fair and reasonable.

Mar a Lago is worth only $18M? Sure, why not? It couldnt possibly be a political withhunt against the Pub opponent in the upcoming election.

Not a chance it is political. $455M with no victims. Yes.
Well we can alway sell Mar a Largo first and see its real market value...

There was victims of that crime... The financial reputation of the NYC business community for starters... How can you invest with assurance that your money is safe when business fraud is left unpunished...

Why would you think he did?... do you think he has enough cash to pay a half a billion in penalties... just think how fucking ridiculous that is.... if you still can think for yourself....
Read the court case...

Trump made that money by lying on documents and getting preferential rates...

The prosecution showed this in the case and Trump's defence team didn't counter those figures...

His ill gotten gains are far more than the fine. Why should it be reduced? One building from one fraudulent loan alone is worth that much. Not to mention the other lenders and insurance companies he defrauded.
Because it's just too much money for the civil fraud committed imho... If an appeals judge determined it is not too high, then fine...they would know best, with all the details....

Forum List

Back