Trump can't get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017

I quote from the CNN article where Trump is speaking:

"This is so contagious. Nobody's ever seen anything like this, where large groups of people all of a sudden, just by being in the presence of somebody have it."

Trump works so hard at making himself look like a victim also.

Well, we know he is not a student of history and that he spends very little, if any, time reading. If he did he would know about the 1918 flu pandemic that killed 675,000 Americans and 21-100 million worldwide. So far, compared to 1918, the coronavirus pandemic is just a pin prick, but Trump doesn't know that. Not only that, but the 1918 flu started in the United States, most likely in Haskell County Kansas and was carried to Europe by American troops. And, the world population was only one third of what it is today.

My 1918 information is from John Barry's book "The Great Influenza," published by Penguin in 2004.

"This is so contagious. Nobody's ever seen anything like this, where large groups of people all of a sudden, just by being in the presence of somebody have it."

Well, we know he is not a student of history and that he spends very little, if any, time reading. If he did he would know about the 1918 flu pandemic that killed 675,000 Americans and 21-100 million worldwide. So far, compared to 1918, the coronavirus pandemic is just a pin prick, but Trump doesn't know that. Not only that, but the 1918 flu started in the United States, most likely in Haskell County Kansas and was carried to Europe by American troops. And, the world population was only one third of what it is today.

My 1918 information is from John Barry's book "The Great Influenza," published by Penguin in 2004.

Well, of course, because Woodrow Wilson was focused on WWI, there was no national response or social distancing recommendation to the Spanish Flu. How many deaths would we be seeing if the response was similar today?

Trump's grandfather died from the flu in 1918, but that didn't stop Trump from claiming he didn't know people died from the flu.

His habit of just saying crap may be harmless some of the time, but not when addressing a real problem.

OH COME ON!!! My God. Everything that happens in Trump's presidency is the biggest, best or first ever, starting with his inauguration crowd. It makes him feel special.

Trump has finally started messaging that this is serious, and you're still harping--over nothing?

Trump's grandfather died from the flu in 1918, but that didn't stop Trump from claiming he didn't know people died from the flu.

His habit of just saying crap may be harmless some of the time, but not when addressing a real problem.
And how did Trump's words quoted in the OP prevent anyone from addressing the real problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back