Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program

The Grapes of Wrath should be required reading in this country to remind folks of why we need supplemental food programs. But that will never happen in a world of tweets and bumper stickers.

The Grapes of Wrath should be required reading in this country to remind folks of why we need supplemental food programs. But that will never happen in a world of tweets and bumper stickers.

The Grapes of Wrath was fiction you stupid Moon Bat.

Besides, this is not the Great Depression. This is a full employment economy thanks to Trump and no excuse for not being able to work and buy your own food. It is not my responsibility to pay your bills.

It is immoral for the government to take money away from those that earned it and give it to those that didn't earn it.

Besides, this is not the Great Depression. This is a full employment economy thanks to Trump and no excuse for not being able to work and buy your own food. It is not my responsibility to pay your bills.

It is immoral for the government to take money away from those that earned it and give it to those that didn't earn it.

If you think name calling will be a proper rebuttal, don't bother, I'll ignore you.

As I noted earlier, many jobs do not pay enough for people to afford to even buy food. People once got jobs that provided decent pay, a promise for the future, a program to make sure when they are sick they could see a doctor.

More and more that is going away. It's a race to the bottom outside of for the few.

If you think name calling will be a proper rebuttal, don't bother, I'll ignore you.

As I noted earlier, many jobs do not pay enough for people to afford to even buy food. People once got jobs that provided decent pay, a promise for the future, a program to make sure when they are sick they could see a doctor.

More and more that is going away. It's a race to the bottom outside of for the few.

All jobs pay enough to eat on, even part time minimal wadge. If you don't make enough money then you should improve your worth to the labor market so somebody will pay you more.

America has the greatest economy in the world. That is why so many people are trying to come here. If you can't make enough money to buy food then it is your own fault.

It is not my responsibility to pay your bills. That is your responsibility. It is morally wrong for the filthy government to make me work to provide money for you to spend. Another word for that is slavery.

By the way, speaking of the Grapes of Wrath. The Joad family had bad times because of that asshole FDR being President and screwing up the economy with government interference.

FDR’s policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate - Frontiers of Freedom

FDR’s policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt’s record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

“Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump,” said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA’s Department of Economics. “We found that a relapse isn’t likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies.”

All jobs pay enough to eat on, even part time minimal wadge. If you don't make enough money then you should improve your worth to the labor market so somebody will pay you more.

This works for an individual BUT it does not work for the tens of millions. We do not have those kinds of jobs for tens of millions to improve themselves in that way.

America has the greatest economy in the world. That is why so many people are trying to come here. If you can't make enough money to buy food then it is your own fault.

Odd how we complain about immigrants, legal or illegal getting public assistance or complaining they live 20 to an apartment.

Yes, $6.00 an hour is better than nothing but it is not something you can live on.

It is not my responsibility to pay your bills. That is your responsibility. It is morally wrong for the filthy government to make me work to provide money for you to spend. Antother word for that is slavery.

By the way, speaking of the Grapes of Wrath. The Joad family had bad times because of that asshole FDR being President and screwing up the economy with government interference.

FDR’s policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate - Frontiers of Freedom

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt’s record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

“Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump,” said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA’s Department of Economics. “We found that a relapse isn’t likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies.”

When we or someone else ends the Federal Reserve, I'll listen to the arguments.

This works for an individual BUT it does not work for the tens of millions. We do not have those kinds of jobs for tens of millions to improve themselves in that way.

Odd how we complain about immigrants, legal or illegal getting public assistance or complaining they live 20 to an apartment.

Yes, $6.00 an hour is better than nothing but it is not something you can live on.

It is not my responsibility to pay your bills. That is your responsibility. It is morally wrong for the filthy government to make me work to provide money for you to spend. Antother word for that is slavery.

When we or someone else ends the Federal Reserve, I'll listen to the arguments.

I've lived on less for over 10 yrs,,,

How insightful of you.

Literary realism - Wikipedia
The Grapes of Wrath - Wikipedia
"Steinbeck was known to have borrowed from field notes taken during 1938 by Farm Security Administration worker and author Sanora Babb. While Babb collected personal stories about the lives of the displaced migrants for a novel she was developing, her supervisor, Tom Collins, shared her reports with Steinbeck, who at the time was working for the San Francisco News.[10] Babb's own novel, Whose Names Are Unknown, was eclipsed in 1939 by the success of The Grapes of Wrath and was shelved until it was finally published in 2004, a year before Babb's death."

Last edited:

Yep the flash does a lot of name calling. I rarely read his comments anymore.

Do lefties really think food stamps equal a success story? During the Hussein administration the unemployment statistics for a Black male was in the double digits and Barry seemed to think that any increase in food stamp recipients was something to be proud of. As usual democrat thinking is upside down and ass backwards. Today there are plenty of good jobs and more coming in a roaring economy and lefties hate it.

That's the best thing about Trump. He puts the country ahead of any smaller group that might favor him. Trump is a country first kind of guy and that's exactly what we need. He's not like Democrats who will do anything for illegal aliens or refugees even though they know it is killing our country. They're willing to kill the country for a few illegal votes they figure to get. Viva Trump, America first.

Are you speaking of an era that existed 80 million wetbacks ago?

We all know that Obama was the Food Stamp President. Greatest expansion of food stamps in history. Time to get off the gubmint dole and get a job, America is hiring everywhere.
Greatest recession since the great depression. Without food stamps people would have starved.

I am All for food but not food stamps as people would sell them for 80 cents on the dollar and buy scratch tickets. Provide actual food via soup kitchens and such or have food delivered.
Agree, food distribution is much less prone to fraud and abuse.

Do lefties really think food stamps equal a success story? During the Hussein administration the unemployment statistics for a Black male was in the double digits and Barry seemed to think that any increase in food stamp recipients was something to be proud of. As usual democrat thinking is upside down and ass backwards. Today there are plenty of good jobs and more coming in a roaring economy and lefties hate it.

To say that there are "plenty of good jobs" does not make it so. Jobs are still leaving. Decent paying jobs are still cutting jobs and pay.

Trends in IT and Software Outsourcing for 2019

[Q

You are confused.

The American economy is the strongest economy in the world. Thanks to Trump it is a full employment economy. There is no excuse to not being able to earn enough money to buy food. There is no need for the government to be taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to the people that didn't earn it to buy food when they can get food on their own.

When you talk about "improvement" then you can blame the filthy government.

The combined cost of government in this country is almost 40% of the GDP. That is a tremendous burden on all Americans and the reason why Americans work but don't have enough money to improve themselves.

My family is a good example. I had a career as an Engineer. My wife was a school teacher (private school system). Most years my wife's take home income was as much as our combined tax burden for the year. In order words one person had to work just to feed the bloated government.

We could have significantly improved our lives if the tax burden had been less.

The combined cost of government in the US is greater than the GDP of all but the most three or four other wealthy countries in the world according to the CIA Factbook. The combined cost of government is usually the highest single yearly household expense for most families in the US, regardless of income.

The best way not to be poor in the US is to not vote for Liberal politicians that implement high taxation and failed Leftest economic policies.

How insightful of you.

Literary realism - Wikipedia
The Grapes of Wrath - Wikipedia
"Steinbeck was known to have borrowed from field notes taken during 1938 by Farm Security Administration worker and author Sanora Babb. While Babb collected personal stories about the lives of the displaced migrants for a novel she was developing, her supervisor, Tom Collins, shared her reports with Steinbeck, who at the time was working for the San Francisco News.[10] Babb's own novel, Whose Names Are Unknown, was eclipsed in 1939 by the success of The Grapes of Wrath and was shelved until it was finally published in 2004, a year before Babb's death."

You are confused like most Moon Bats. Go to a Library. Look for The Grapes of Wrath. It is in the fiction section.

If you want to find the real truth about why the Great Depression was a ball buster go look at the research that was done at UCLA on how FDR and his Liberal government interference polices screwed everything up. I referenced the report in another post.

Millions of voters that have pay the taxes to fund the fucking food stamps for shitheads like the fact Trump is trying to cut back some of it.

I'll pay for my food and you pay for yours.

Here's a better idea. We'll pay for compassionate care for the poor, and you play for bloated military programs and corporate welfare.

Betcha you end up paying more than we do.

LOL! So you think most of the people on food stamps voted for Trump???!!! And, of course, I'm guessing you don't know that because the economy is doing so well, the number of people on food stamps is lower than it has been in many, many years, right? You know this, right?

Historically, Democrats have carried the high school dropout vote by about 2 to 1.

Forum List

Back