True heroes who stand up for truth

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
People of all colors and cultures together fighting for what is right

"Yesterday I was arrested among about 250 others who gathered on the steps of the US Capitol to block the entrances. We were demanding that Congress pass laws renewing and strengthening the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and creating new ways of getting Hyperwealth out of our elections.

This photo shows the front line of the March as we approached the Capitol. Just before this photo was taken by Lynne Iser, Rabbi Mordechai Liebling was in the front line, and Rabbi Julie Greenberg just behind. Together with Pat Carolan of the Franciscan Action Network, Mordechai had led prayers at the rally just before the March began.

Looming behind the front line is Sen Jeff Merkle of Oregon.

On the left of the line is Rev. William Barber, prophetic voice and extraordinary organizer, founder of Moral Monday & head of North Carolina NAACP.

Then, from Left to Right:

Tefere Gebre, executive vice president of the AFL-CIO.

Chris Shelton, president of the Communications Workers of America

Me ---Rabbi Arthur Waskow, The Shalom Center. I am wearing sunglasses and the Rainbow tallit that my mother sewed for me for my 50th birthday, almost 33 years ago. It symbolized then and now (from the Torah’s story of the Flood) the commitment of the Holy Unity that breathes all life, to give us the wisdom to make sure that never again would the earth be drowned and all life be endangered. I have worn it into every one of my arrests since then. (You can see the Rainbow design better in the next photo, of my arrest.)

democracy_awakening_aw_in_front_line_march_best.jpg

Arrested yesterday for Freedom tomorrow | The Shalom Center

Forum List

Back