Tornado Outbreak Hits South, Killing at Least 14 in Alabama

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
They're gonna need a lot of help down there.
If there's a bright side, it looks like a warm forecast for the next few days, which will make the clean-up and rescue efforts easier.

At least 14 people were killed Sunday afternoon in Alabama as tornadoes ripped across the South.

Damage was reported across southern Alabama and Georgia and in the Florida Panhandle.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office told local media that at least 14 people were killed when at least two tornadoes hit the southern Alabama County. The sheriff didn’t provide any other details, but the National Weather Service said the first twister was at least EF3 in strength and was a half-mile wide or more.

Tornado Outbreak Hits South, Killing at Least 14 in Alabama | The Weather Channel

Alabama tornadoes kill at least 14 people - CNN

Fatalities, extreme damage reported following tornadoes in Alabama, Georgia Sunday

I saw the aftermath of the 1997 Jarrell, Texas EF5 monster tornado.

Complete slab foundations were lifted and carted off like tooth picks.

The first thing I thought of when I seen the damaged homes is I wonder if any had lead paint or asbestos in them

I watched a tornado go into McConnell AFB as a EF 1 and leave as an EF 5 from the 47th street I-135 overpass. It was wierdly beautiful. The sun was shining from the West under the edge of the clouds so everything was lit in a surreal yellowish light but the funnel was black. Then it was suddenly full of sparkling lights for a couple of seconds. I'm thinking they were composite roof shingles, white on one side black on the other, fluttering in the winds.

Later on the same day I was digging through wreckage in Andover Kansas. Looking for survivors from the same tornado 10 miles down the road.

Forum List

Back