Top Ten Reagan Quotes, IMO

Ronald Reagan the greatest President of my life and there has been more then a few.

Why? Not because he did everything I thought he should. He was the greatest because he made me happy to be an American. I have not felt that since and especially since I found out I was arrogant and clinging to my guns and religion.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

At the time they were fighting the Russians, trying to kick them out of Afghanistan. They probably looked like it at the time.

So what? Those "moral equivalents to america's founding fathers" attacked us on 9/11. If it wasn't for ol' ronnie, the taliban likely wouldn't even exist today.

Actually, if it wasn't for 'ole Slick Willy Bill Clinton (who gutted defense to the tune of $500 billion over his 8 years and was too afraid to take on the battle), the Taliban and Al Qaeda wouldn't have exsisted to attack on 09/11/01.

But that's typical - the liberal guts defense while spending like drunken sailors on crack addicts, bums, drop outs, and losers. Then the GOP gets elected to clean up the mess...

So what? Those "moral equivalents to america's founding fathers" attacked us on 9/11. If it wasn't for ol' ronnie, the taliban likely wouldn't even exist today.

Oh bullshit, you fucking liar.

The Taliban did not even exist at the earlist till 1992.

Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What you have pictured is the Afghan resistance which is not the same as the Taliban you racist asshole.

Look up MUJAHIDEEN, that was the term used by the Taliban when Ronnie R. was spending us INTO the 21st century.

I know what the hell Mujahideen means, PEach. Please try to not be so condescending, OK?

The Taliban organization is NOT the Mujahideen, in fact it went to war against most of them way after the Soviets pulled out.

:eusa_clap:

Well, douchenoodle, I guess Ronnie failed to look deeply enough into his crystal ball...

One border patrol agent and Obama is the devil. 3000 Americans and Ronnie was just made a simple mistake.

EDIT: And for your information I liked Ronald Reagan and not Obama. But it's hypocrisy to excuse one side's mistakes and demonize the other's.

Reagan did his job - he defeated the Soviets and ended the Cold War. Had Clinton done his fucking job just once - he would have defeated Al Qaeda and the Taliban in the 90's and 9/11 would have never happened.

Typical though - liberals fail on an epic level and then desperately try to twist the facts to somehow place the blame on conservatives.

Supporting the Taliban was a mistake.

REagan did not support the Taliban, lying POS.

No, F&F is a murderous criminal conspiracy.

The Iran Contra was a mistake.

No, it was not; it wasnt even government funds being used, it was all Secords money from the get-go.

IOW
Pass
Fail
Pass?

Talk about being a partisan hack...welcome, hack

Please pull your head out of your ass, Grump. The three are not comparable by a rational informed person.

Simply because I support the GOP and oppose the Dems on a few select issues doesnt mean I am a hack, dumbfuck.

I agree with Democrats on issues related to the economic war on the middle class, on basic union rights and on protecting minorities from majority tyrrany.

But they have some amonng them who go way too far on these issues too, so I dont support all of them.

And I think Romney is a despicable liar, slanderer and whore. But I will vote for him as a vote against a POTUS who supports gaymarriage, gun restrictions and wants abortion on demand as common as eating popcorn.

Well, douchenoodle, I guess Ronnie failed to look deeply enough into his crystal ball...

One border patrol agent and Obama is the devil. 3000 Americans and Ronnie was just made a simple mistake.

EDIT: And for your information I liked Ronald Reagan and not Obama. But it's hypocrisy to excuse one side's mistakes and demonize the other's.

Reagan did his job - he defeated the Soviets and ended the Cold War. Had Clinton done his fucking job just once - he would have defeated Al Qaeda and the Taliban in the 90's and 9/11 would have never happened.

Typical though - liberals fail on an epic level and then desperately try to twist the facts to somehow place the blame on conservatives.

Agreed, but in all fairness, Clinton did, with Gingriches help, give us budgets closer to being balanced than any we have seen in decades. The country was prosperous then as well.

Look up MUJAHIDEEN, that was the term used by the Taliban when Ronnie R. was spending us INTO the 21st century.

Obama added more to the debt in his first two years than Reagan did in 8! For the love of God, please stop posting. You are making the biggest ass out of yourself... :lol:

Agreed, but in all fairness, Clinton did, with Gingriches help, give us budgets closer to being balanced than any we have seen in decades. The country was prosperous then as well.

Well sure - if I got rid of our military, I could create a surplus. But is that wise? I think history has proven the answer is a resounding no.

If Reagan "spent us into the 21st century" then Obama has spent us into the 1st century :lol: When it's all said and done, and the nation collapses and there are riots in the streets like Greece, let me know how much you're still worshipping Obama.

These two quotes sum up St Ronnie perfectly. He can still lie to himself even in the face of the truth.

REAGAN (11/13/86): We did not, repeat, did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages, nor will we.

REAGAN (3/4/87): A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true. But the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.

Last edited:
I wasn't directing that at any particular poster. Reagan didn't cause 9/11 and I don't blame him for thinking supporting the Taliban was the right thing to do at the time. As Ron Paul has tried to argue many times before blowback due to US foreign policy contributed towards the Middle East's attitude towards us. I know neo-cons translate that into "you said America caused 9/11", but you know damn well that isn't what Paul meant. Reagan did what he thought was the right thing just as Obama probably thought he was doing the right thing. But conservatives have turned Fast and Furious into a conspiracy by the administration to impose stricter gun control laws, even there is no evidence of it. Supporting the Taliban was a mistake. Fast and Furious was a mistake. The Iran Contra was a mistake. But some conservatives still believe that the ME "hates us because of our freedoms." No, fucking with their countries for our own self interests probably had nothing to do with it right?

Jimmy Carter started the problems in the mid-east before he left Reagan with that hornets nest. Ayatollah Khomeini made a fool out of Carter. Carter had Saddam attack Iran & gave him the key to the city of Detroit, MI. Carter promised both Iran & Iraq weapons. Reagan was left holding the bag & had to deliver the weapons.

Prior to winning office, Reagan had been denounced as an unelectable extremist;
he won two record landslides.

Wrong. In 1980 Ronald Regan won the Presidential election with a bare majority of the popular vote - 50.7% That is NOT a landslide.

Just like Obama won the 2008 election with 52.9% of the popular vote.

You can talk about electoral landslides, but they are not necessarily representative of the nation at large. One can theoretically win a handful of large states and win the electoral vote.

Reagan won 1984 in a landslide.

I wasn't directing that at any particular poster. Reagan didn't cause 9/11 and I don't blame him for thinking supporting the Taliban was the right thing to do at the time. As Ron Paul has tried to argue many times before blowback due to US foreign policy contributed towards the Middle East's attitude towards us. I know neo-cons translate that into "you said America caused 9/11", but you know damn well that isn't what Paul meant. Reagan did what he thought was the right thing just as Obama probably thought he was doing the right thing. But conservatives have turned Fast and Furious into a conspiracy by the administration to impose stricter gun control laws, even there is no evidence of it. Supporting the Taliban was a mistake. Fast and Furious was a mistake. The Iran Contra was a mistake. But some conservatives still believe that the ME "hates us because of our freedoms." No, fucking with their countries for our own self interests probably had nothing to do with it right?

Jimmy Carter started the problems in the mid-east before he left Reagan with that hornets nest. Ayatollah Khomeini made a fool out of Carter. Carter had Saddam attack Iran & gave him the key to the city of Detroit, MI. Carter promised both Iran & Iraq weapons. Reagan was left holding the bag & had to deliver the weapons.

People on this board rightfully call it out when liberals blame failed Obama policies on Bush after 3 years. But the one term president over 20 years ago is fair game....

At the time they were fighting the Russians, trying to kick them out of Afghanistan. They probably looked like it at the time.

They were fighting against the Democrats home team

Fuck you. Dems are not Communists...no matter what your boys tell you. People like you ARE the real problem with this country....extremist assholes...AKA the American Taliban.

You just happen to get sick at the thought of Reagan calling for the defeat of the USSR and doing it

Do you see the butthurt from Ronnie aiding the Afghans against the USSR? Their beloved USSR!

The only butthurt going on is from the right wing trash because ol Raygun created the Taliban that later attacked the nation on 9/11.

Reagan is essentially the father of the modern day islamist extremist.

(also don't forget him making illegal arms deals with Iran)

Plus this gem

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipszh14WPFY]Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan - YouTube[/ame]

Reagan supported people who were killing Communists.

Too fucking bad for your team

Reagan called the USSR evil and vowed to defeat them, to Liberals it like someone attacking their mother

Prior to winning office, Reagan had been denounced as an unelectable extremist;
he won two record landslides.

Wrong. In 1980 Ronald Regan won the Presidential election with a bare majority of the popular vote - 50.7% That is NOT a landslide.

Just like Obama won the 2008 election with 52.9% of the popular vote.

You can talk about electoral landslides, but they are not necessarily representative of the nation at large. One can theoretically win a handful of large states and win the electoral vote.

Reagan won 1984 in a landslide.

800px-ElectoralCollege1980.svg.png

quibble all you want, he was certainly electable and not an extremist at all.

These two quotes sum up St Ronnie perfectly. He can still lie to himself even in the face of the truth.

REAGAN (11/13/86): We did not, repeat, did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages, nor will we.

REAGAN (3/4/87): A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true. But the facts and the evidence tell me it is not.

The US government did not, but General Secord did.

Hmmm a great leader for great times and now a horrible leader for a failing country. Libs love to pretend there's no correlation LMAO.

The US government did not, but General Secord did.

Reagan did. But thank you for admitting that Reagan was acting as an extra-governmental tyrant.

Forum List

Back