Top of the NYT today has a box celebrating “NYT Book Review Turns 125,” with scrolling pictures of authors. Not one male. Mostly black women!

Stop crying. We all know there were white male writers but what is not so well known are women and authors of color. For most of the 125 years NYT has celebrated the white male author.

Of course, I would never degrade myself by reading that rag.

But let's be fair.

Maybe the book review wanted to devote an entire issue to authors of that ethnicity.

So, of course, it would be illustrated by photos of authors of that background.

In 2021 America, two groups are now in the driver's seat: that particular ethnicity & women.

Some people are thrilled by this development.

Some people are less enthusiastic.

But -- as the saying goes -- it is what it is.

Stop crying. We all know there were white male writers but what is not so well known are women and authors of color. For most of the 125 years NYT has celebrated the white male author.
You'd start another thread if they mentioned George R. R. Martin, Frank Herbert, or Tolkien.

NYT is woke .....and hates whites = racist/bigoted/etc .....NYC going down the toilet
The entire New Yorker, cartoons and all, are nearly solid black. Articles, stories, everything. I only read the cartoons as a rule, but it's just sorry to see them featuring blacks and homosexual male couples when they used to all have normal people ------ whites.

Forum List

Back