Top Navy Seal Commander will resign.

Well it looks like trump the dump stuck his nose into military affairs once too often. He may be the CIC but knows nothing about the military or their justice. What is interesting after reading the article are all the comments. I have to get away from USMB and quit reading that the gallagher thing was a farce.

Top Navy SEAL commander resigns after apparent disagreements with Trump
It was his only option..from your link:

""There's a long tradition in the military," Timothy Parlatore, Gallagher's civilian attorney, told Navy Times. "You don't rebel. You resign."
The incident led to other resignations by Navy leaders. Navy Secretary Richard Spencer was forced to resign after expressing disagreement with Trump's actions. According to a New York Times report, Spencer and Green threatened to resign if Trump intervened on Gallagher's behalf.
After his ouster in November, Spencer told CBS News that he did not believe Trump "really understands the full definition of a warfighter."
"What message does that send to the troops?" said Spencer, a former Marine officer. "That you can get away with things. We have to have good order and discipline. It's the backbone of what we do, and the Trident review process with the senior enlisted reviewing fellow senior enlisted is critical."

Well it looks like trump the dump stuck his nose into military affairs once too often. He may be the CIC but knows nothing about the military or their justice. What is interesting after reading the article are all the comments. I have to get away from USMB and quit reading that the gallagher thing was a farce.

""There's a long tradition in the military," Timothy Parlatore, Gallagher's civilian attorney, told Navy Times. "You don't rebel. You resign."
The incident led to other resignations by Navy leaders. Navy Secretary Richard Spencer was forced to resign after expressing disagreement with Trump's actions. According to a New York Times report, Spencer and Green threatened to resign if Trump intervened on Gallagher's behalf.
After his ouster in November, Spencer told CBS News that he did not believe Trump "really understands the full definition of a warfighter."
"What message does that send to the troops?" said Spencer, a former Marine officer. "That you can get away with things. We have to have good order and discipline. It's the backbone of what we do, and the Trident review process with the senior enlisted reviewing fellow senior enlisted is critical."

Sure it was his only option but I guess you agree the President should intervene in military justice? No President should the military knows what they're doing. Just like Obama should have stayed out of it and not pardon who he did.

did you read all the comments?

Sure it was his only option but I guess you agree the President should intervene in military justice? No President should the military knows what they're doing. Just like Obama should have stayed out of it and not pardon who he did.

did you read all the comments?
The President is CiC..he can do what he wants..is it wise? I think it's a wash...people in the military know what is what--Gallagher got lucky..but his peers know the real story. I doubt many of them care about it all that much..when you're a Spec-4 somewhere...the Presidents actions are like something out of a book..they have no relevance to his/her day to day life.

It's about time. The fact is that the Seal commander authorized a campaign among young Seals to put their best enlisted combat leader in federal prison on trumped up charges and perjury testimony.

I believe that an Amendment is needed to be added to the Constitution that stipulates that a further qualification for the office of President, be that any individual running for president MUST have served in his/her past, Honorably in the US military forces, regardless of the branch, or rank. Having done so, will at least give the candidate a working idea of how the military functions, even at the lower ranks.

I believe that an Amendment is needed to be added to the Constitution that stipulates that a further qualification for the office of President, be that any individual running for president MUST have served in his/her past, Honorably in the US military forces, regardless of the branch, or rank. Having done so, will at least give the candidate a working idea of how the military functions, even at the lower ranks.
LBJ was a freaking clerk with political connections. He recommended himself for a Silver Star for flying over enemy territory. JFK would have been court martialed for being the only skipper of a PT boat ever to be run over in a combat area if it wasn't for his politically connected dad. Even republicans didn't trust angry incoherent former POW John McCain. John Kerry killed an alleged unarmed V.C. kid who shot a RPG at his boat and recommended himself for a Silver Star. He also recommended himself for 3 purple Hearts for a splinter in his finger and a self inflicted splinter in the ass when he threw a grenade into a cache of rice. The point is that the Founding Fathers determined that the United States Military would be responsible to the will of elected officials and not vice-versa.

EQvzCiGWAAELxRV

It was bad enough when Trump said I like soldiers that weren’t captured and laughed at American soldiers with Trumatic brain injury saying they only had headaches.

but he takes a career military man who is decorated and has shrapnel still in his body from a war zone who was subpoenaed by Congress and told the truth to the best of his ability under sworn testimony.
And Republicans want to ruin them. That says way more about Republicans than anybody else.
And Republicans want to ruin him. That says way more about Republicans than anybody else.

when I saw this, I thought it must be a lie:

EQn2jcQWAAEMRPz

So I go and look it up and sure enough, there is the audio.

apparently Republicans aren’t nearly as patriotic as we thought.

LBJ was a freaking clerk with political connections. He recommended himself for a Silver Star for flying over enemy territory. JFK would have been court martialed for being the only skipper of a PT boat ever to be run over in a combat area if it wasn't for his politically connected dad. Even republicans didn't trust angry incoherent former POW John McCain. John Kerry killed an alleged unarmed V.C. kid who shot a RPG at his boat and recommended himself for a Silver Star. He also recommended himself for 3 purple Hearts for a splinter in his finger and a self inflicted splinter in the ass when he threw a grenade into a cache of rice. The point is that the Founding Fathers determined that the United States Military would be responsible to the will of elected officials and not vice-versa.
I put 23 years in the military and you can't "recommend yourself" for any medals. Your superiors make the recommendations based upon verified actions. Even units can't get medals without justification, whether it's Combat Action Medals, Expeditionary Medals, Purple Hearts, or something as simple as a Good Conduct Medal. All have to be verified through your records or the confirmed action that is supported by the evidence.

EQvzCiGWAAELxRV

It was bad enough when Trump said I like soldiers that weren’t captured and laughed at American soldiers with Trumatic brain injury saying they only had headaches.

but he takes a career military man who is decorated and has shrapnel still in his body from a war zone who was subpoenaed by Congress and told the truth to the best of his ability under sworn testimony.
And Republicans want to ruin them. That says way more about Republicans than anybody else.
And Republicans want to ruin him. That says way more about Republicans than anybody else.

when I saw this, I thought it must be a lie:

EQn2jcQWAAEMRPz

So I go and look it up and sure enough, there is the audio.

apparently Republicans aren’t nearly as patriotic as we thought.
We have been lied to so much we do not know what to believe. In fact with two different stories we could be having multiple lies. The citizens who try to survive in this nation did not cause this. Their political class let them down over agendas that are more important then the citizen.

Restrict the Presidency to only military veterans?

Obviously you were never in the military or else you just hate America.

The fact is that the Seal commander authorized a campaign among young Seals to put their best enlisted combat leader in federal prison on trumped up charges and perjury testimony.
That's not a fact. That's the claim of the lawyer. And you just regurgitated it, because Dear Leader said so.

Forum List

Back