Top human rights lawyer to join Ashers Bakery gay cake team

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
2016-01-16_new_16107992_I1.JPG

Ashers Baking Company owners Colin McArthur and his wife Karen with their son Daniel (right), general manager of Ashers, and his wife Amy (centre), together with their children Robyn (2) and six-month-old Elia.

The news emerged as lawyers for the bakery lodged court papers giving detailed explanations of the grounds for appeal following a court decision last year that ruled the firm had discriminated against a customer by refusing to make a £36.50 cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage and featuring Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie, after initially accepting the order.

The family's defence costs are being supported by the Christian Institute (CI). CI spokesman Simon Calvert said: "We are delighted to have such a formidable legal expert join an already strong team. Professor McCrudden's experience and knowledge of human rights and equality law will be of incalculable assistance.

Gay cake row appeal: Top human rights lawyer to join Ashers Bakery court team - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

That grandma looks like an irish baby trapped in the body of an old woman. What a giggling witch. In another circumstance, she could easily have found herself in a lesbo relationship.

The son looks like a slick bastard. The daughter in law looks sweet enough (possibly). Cute kids.

Ashers Baking Company owners Colin McArthur and his wife Karen with their son Daniel (right), general manager of Ashers, and his wife Amy (centre), together with their children Robyn (2) and six-month-old Elia.

The news emerged as lawyers for the bakery lodged court papers giving detailed explanations of the grounds for appeal following a court decision last year that ruled the firm had discriminated against a customer by refusing to make a £36.50 cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage and featuring Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie, after initially accepting the order.

The family's defence costs are being supported by the Christian Institute (CI). CI spokesman Simon Calvert said: "We are delighted to have such a formidable legal expert join an already strong team. Professor McCrudden's experience and knowledge of human rights and equality law will be of incalculable assistance.

Gay cake row appeal: Top human rights lawyer to join Ashers Bakery court team - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

This whole situation is completely absurd. WTF? These people have a right not to bake a cake if they don't want to. This is just now them being bullied.

Ashers Baking Company oitners Colin McArthur and his wife Karen with their son Daniel (right), general manager of Ashers, and his wife Amy (centre), together with their children Robyn (2) and six-month-old Elia.

This whole situation is completely absurd. WTF? These people have a right not to bake a cake if they don't want to. This is just now them being bullied.
Im sure theyve done a great deal of their own bullying. I recognize that strain of irish woman, the old one. She's the one who started this, now poor old dad has to fight it out. These scumbags pick fights then the hubby has to deal with it.

The irish are scum Lucy. They deserve it.

what moron would pick a fight with lesbians? Talk about crusin for a brusin. I do it daily but difference is, i dont hide behind hubby.

Ashers Baking Company oitners Colin McArthur and his wife Karen with their son Daniel (right), general manager of Ashers, and his wife Amy (centre), together with their children Robyn (2) and six-month-old Elia.

Im sure theyve done a great deal of their own bullying. I recognize that strain of irish woman, the old one. She's the one who started this, now poor old dad has to fight it out. These scumbags pick fights then the hubby has to deal with it.

what moron would pick a fight with lesbians? Talk about crusin for a brusin. I do it daily but difference is, i dont hide behind hubby.

Well yes, silly to pick fight with lesbians, some of them would make Tyson Fury run a mile!

Well yes, silly to pick fight with lesbians, some of them would make Tyson Fury run a mile!

I know ive been thrashed by them often enough:redface::banghead:

I know ive been thrashed by them often enough:redface::banghead:

Oh dear, you poor thing :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back