Too damn hot for deck staining

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210610_122733.jpg
20210610_123112.jpg

No breeze is good for spraying but hot

You should use a weenie roller and brush....stick to doing the entire board...one or two boards at a time or you will get lap marks....a cloudy day is preferable...my deck is right in the sun so I waited until we had cloud cover...it was hot but the stain kept a wet edge....

• Banned
You should use a weenie roller and brush....stick to doing the entire board...one or two boards at a time or you will get lap marks....a cloudy day is preferable...my deck is right in the sun so I waited until we had cloud cover...it was hot but the stain kept a wet edge....
I'd like to do that but I have too much work away from home so I'll just have to fine tune it later. At least this way it has some protection

I'd like to do that but I have too much work away from home so I'll just have to fine tune it later. At least this way it has some protection
If it's heat treated Georgia Pine you can relax, no need to do anything to it.

View attachment 499561View attachment 499563

I bet it's not too hot to drink a beer. How many you knocked down already??
ZERO

In this heat that's a guaranteed heat stroke.
No shirt, no shoes, no problem. My deck is supposed be finished on Friday.

Depends on the deck. I have composite boards on a 12 x 8 deck myself and a friend built and you better wear shoes on it when the sun is out.

ZERO

Depends on the deck. I have composite boards on a 12 x 8 deck myself and a friend built and you better wear shoes on it when the sun is out.
Mine was burning my feet. I am now wearing VERY sticky socks

ZERO

Mine was burning my feet. I am now wearing VERY sticky socks

There is that Behr stain, that you can walk on the deck in bare feet when the sun is shining. Don't know how well it works though. No staining composite boards so I try outdoor rugs, which work a little bit.

Forum List

Back