Tony Blair slams Joe Biden's 'imbecilic' retreat from Afghanistan

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Imagine what friends and foes alike are saying in private. America's back!

They told me that if I voted for Trump this shit would happen Well, I voted for Trump and this shit did happen.

Tony Blair has launched a furious attack on Joe Biden's "imbecilic" withdrawal from Afghanistan, as the airport at the centre of evacuation efforts was forced to shut on Saturday amid horrific scenes.

In an extraordinary attack, the former prime minister, who took Britain into Afghanistan in 2001, said the "deep politicisation" of US foreign policy was "visibly atrophying" American influence, and claimed the debacle over the withdrawal risked Britain being relegated to the "second division" of global powers.

Mr Blair broke his silence as Boris Johnson and Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, concluded that Britain would have to turn to Russia and China to assist with exercising a "moderating influence" over the Taliban, as the UK presence in the country comes to an end, despite a deep mistrust of both regimes.

On Saturday night, Mr Raab told The Telegraph: "We're going to have to bring in countries with a potentially moderating influence like Russia and China, however uncomfortable that is."

Kabul airport was shut down on Saturday and US citizens were urged not to head there in their attempt to flee Afghanistan, amid reports of people dying after being crushed or succumbing to sweltering temperatures in the crowds as individuals and families sought refuge from the Taliban.

The US State Department announced it was closing the airport for at least 48 hours to concentrate on processing the hundreds who had already managed to get inside.

I doubt very many people with an ounce of common sense care much for what Blair has to say about anything.

He's just one more forever war neocon coming out of the wood work.

Of course, that's not to say Biden isn't a complete wreck. He certainly is.

But Tony Blair? He's the guy we need to hear from? Pft. Okay...

Always nice to get a sales ad in place for an informative article!

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.12.09 PM.png

For anyone wanting to read the actual article, you can do so here without a paywall:

They told me that if I voted for Trump this shit would happen Well, I voted for Trump and this shit did happen.

Tony Blair has launched a furious attack on Joe Biden's "imbecilic" withdrawal from Afghanistan, as the airport at the centre of evacuation efforts was forced to shut on Saturday amid horrific scenes.

In an extraordinary attack, the former prime minister, who took Britain into Afghanistan in 2001, said the "deep politicisation" of US foreign policy was "visibly atrophying" American influence, and claimed the debacle over the withdrawal risked Britain being relegated to the "second division" of global powers.

Mr Blair broke his silence as Boris Johnson and Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, concluded that Britain would have to turn to Russia and China to assist with exercising a "moderating influence" over the Taliban, as the UK presence in the country comes to an end, despite a deep mistrust of both regimes.

On Saturday night, Mr Raab told The Telegraph: "We're going to have to bring in countries with a potentially moderating influence like Russia and China, however uncomfortable that is."

Kabul airport was shut down on Saturday and US citizens were urged not to head there in their attempt to flee Afghanistan, amid reports of people dying after being crushed or succumbing to sweltering temperatures in the crowds as individuals and families sought refuge from the Taliban.

The US State Department announced it was closing the airport for at least 48 hours to concentrate on processing the hundreds who had already managed to get inside.

These clowns are ridiculous. "Bring China in"????? China has been in Afghanistan for a decade building infrastructure. Simpering limp wrists.

Blair: Gaza's great betrayer | Avi Shlaim | The Guardian
Feb 03, 2010 · In July 2006, at the height of the savage Israeli onslaught on Lebanon, Blair opposed a security council resolution for an immediate and unconditional ceasefire: he wanted to give Israel an ...

Author: Avi Shlaim
Estimated Reading Time: 10 mins
Opinion | Israel’s Puppy, Tony Blair - The New York Times
Jun 25, 2014 · In the process, Mr. Blair helped render the Palestinian Authority more, not less, dependent on Israel. Instead of protecting the Palestinians from the Israeli settlers, Palestinian security forces...

Forum List

Back