Tom Brady not playing for the New England patriots next season

I never liked the idea of picking up a top QB at the end of his career.
You might get a good year or two if you're lucky and then it's back to searching for "that guy".
It only took the Chiefs about 30 years.

OIP.x0W-LMxT-AsL_qdTvkPFrgHaFA

Texans finally found "that guy" and O'Brien gets rid of his favorite target.
I'd pay some serious money for an hour in a closed room with that didpshit!!!

You have to practice social distancing.

Fine....I'll just shoot em.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

I am not sure the Bucs will be a better team with Brady than they were with Winston.

Winston passed for 5000 yards and 30 TDs. He also threw almost 30 Interceptions. His poor decisions can be fixed.

Brady,s lack of mobility and decreasing skills cannot.

I am not sure the Bucs will be a better team with Brady than they were with Winston.

Winston passed for 5000 yards and 30 TDs. He also threw almost 30 Interceptions. His poor decisions can be fixed.

While Brady's receiver quality went down last year I think he deserves some blame himself.
No one wants to admit to losing a step especially a professional athlete.

While Brady's receiver quality went down last year I think he deserves some blame himself.
You need more than one scatback to win

Ever since Gronk retired you could see the writing on the wall.

The losing a step thing happens to everyone.
I remember when the great Andre Johnson was told he'd be getting less reps because he'd lost a step.
He was highly pissed about it but it was obvious he had lost a step to everyone but himself.

What receiver quality? He had ONE reliable target-and Edelman was hurt half the season. I recall the 2019 Patriots actually set a record for dropped passes. And I'm still absolutely certain that Brady was playing hurt the end of the season. A healthy #12 does not throw those picks.

What receiver quality? He had ONE reliable target-and Edelman was hurt half the season. I recall the 2019 Patriots actually set a record for dropped passes. And I'm still absolutely certain that Brady was playing hurt the end of the season. A healthy #12 does not throw those picks.

I guess we'll see.
Even the best give up a step eventually. And getting hurt can also be part of getting older.
Where do you think he could bring back his former Bradyesk form?

If Brady still had it.......Pats would have kept him

I guess we'll see.
Even the best give up a step eventually. And getting hurt can also be part of getting older.

Anywhere with the two tools he needs: good targets so he doesn't have to make every throw 100% perfect or they drop it, which Tampa has, and a good O-line so he doesn't get killed, which they...kind of have. (He is a pure pocket-passer and never has been mobile.) He got hit a lot last season holding the ball longer than usual, simply because there were many plays where nobody could get open for him to throw. Receivers able to follow his extremely-detailed playbook are also required. (There are no idiots on Brady's offense.) He also needs at least a passable running game, so he can use play-action.

Tampa seems to have most of that...along with the 14th & 45th draft picks-there are several good wideouts and half a dozen good O-line guys (they need a right tackle and right guard) in this year's draft. Tampa is also in a pretty good spot, $47M under the cap. For defense...Vonn Bell is a free agent. So are Logan Ryan, Nickell Robey Coleman, and and Morgan Burnett.

Brady is perfectly able to adapt to what he has, be it using sideline passes, throwing over the middle, throwing to a slotback/H-back, a dink-and-dunk with a bunch of dump passes and play action, or running an entire game out of the shotgun to give him extra time, but he needs targets that can actually catch the damn ball.

They couldn't have if they wanted to.

I guess we'll see.

Anywhere with the two tools he needs: good targets so he doesn't have to make every throw 100% perfect or they drop it, which Tampa has, and a good O-line so he doesn't get killed, which they...kind of have. (He is a pure pocket-passer and never has been mobile.) He got hit a lot last season holding the ball longer than usual, simply because there were many plays where nobody could get open for him to throw. Receivers able to follow his extremely-detailed playbook are also required. (There are no idiots on Brady's offense.) He also needs at least a passable running game, so he can use play-action.

Tampa seems to have most of that...along with the 14th & 45th draft picks-there are several good wideouts and half a dozen good O-line guys (they need a right tackle and right guard) in this year's draft. Tampa is also in a pretty good spot, $47M under the cap. For defense...Vonn Bell is a free agent. So are Logan Ryan, Nickell Robey Coleman, and and Morgan Burnett.

Brady is perfectly able to adapt to what he has, be it using sideline passes, throwing over the middle, throwing to a slotback/H-back, a dink-and-dunk with a bunch of dump passes and play action, or running an entire game out of the shotgun to give him extra time, but he needs targets that can actually catch the damn ball.

I wont disagree with anything you said but if the chemistry isn't there it aint gonna work.
To tell ya the truth I'm looking forward to see if he can pull it off....since O'Brien has fucked us with a handful of sand for lube.

Kraft shoulda done whatever it took for Brady to finish out his career in NE - fire Belichick, elevate McDaniels.
Brady’s days are numbered

Belichick is still at the top of his game.
Players can't stand him. He's a control freak that has outstayed his usefulness. And the reason Brady is gone.

Kraft shoulda done whatever it took for Brady to finish out his career in NE - fire Belichick, elevate McDaniels.

Players can't stand him. He's a control freak that has outstayed his usefulness. And the reason Brady is gone.

Players couldn’t stand him for 35 years but that didn’t stop him from getting eight rings.

Players couldn’t stand him for 35 years but that didn’t stop him from getting eight rings.
That was then. Now he's just an old fool.

That was then. Now he's just an old fool.
Still the GOAT

Maybe Brady didnt want to stay so maybe their desire or lack of it had nothing to do with it. I understand his unwillingness to let last season be final ,,,,,

Forum List

Back