Tokyo vs NYC

..do you have a hangover???
point 1. NYC is a lot SMALLER than Japan
point 2. are you blind? it says --RIGHT THERE--NYC has 30 MILLION MORE tourists per year!!! so, not only more people, but more chances of C19
DUH

gees dude, Japan is a COUNTRY, New York is a CITY. How are you not able to understand that?

If you want to compare Japan, compare it to the USA, not NYC.

Come on, you cannot be this dumb.
allow me to put it another way:
.....if NYC has 60 million per year and Japan has 30 million---and Tokyo is in Japan, that ,means Tokyo has millions less per year
you just made an ass out of yourself

in your first attempt to post on this you compared the country of Japan with the city of New York, you have yet to grasp the error in that. This is not about tourism, its about the number of covid cases in each city. and yes, NYC has more tourism than Tokyo. so lets compare Philly to Tokyo. Philly had a large number of cases compared to Tokyo, how do you explain that?
....stop double talking shit like the MSM...NYC has MANY more people --much DENSER
..I just proved it and now you are trying to double talk babble
PLUS the obesity rates
it's very CLEAR--denser plus higher obesity/poor health

you continue to spout horseshit. NYC has just over 8 million people, Tokyo has almost 37 million. Ask Siri or google it if you don't believe me. Then you can apologize for your arrogance and ignorance.

The Tokyo metropolitan area is larger than the NYC metropolitan area, but Tokyo with almost 5 times the people is much more dense.

NYC has has 11,000 covid deaths. Tokyo, the worlds largest and most dense city has has 93. NYC is locked down. Tokyo was never locked down. Both have had the virus for the same amount of time. Why is NYC's death rate 250 times higher than Tokyo's?

Could it be that the Chinese targeted NYC?

You can't realistically compare the two populations for a multitude of reasons.

what are those reasons? both are big cities, both are crowded, both were exposed to the Chinese virus. One had disasterous results the other did not. Can't wait to hear your reasons why that happened.

I'm obviously speculating, since I have not seen any conclusively study of comparison, but the Japanese are a homogeneous and very disciplined society. They have better health out comes in general due to healthier lifestyles overall. They take better care of their elderly. They have much lower crime rates and one of the highest living standards in the world.

Compare that to New York City, which is a melting pot of the entire planet. They have a massively diverse population with different cultures and social norms. New Yorkers make poor lifestyle choices: they don't eat right, they don't take care of themselves, have higher rates of crime. There are parts of NYC that look like a war zone in the Middle East.

To try and compare New York to Tokyo is simply apples and oranges. Also take into consideration that a lot of influenza type pandemics have hit Asia far more often than other parts of the world which is why you see so many people in Asian countries wearing face masks even when there isn't a pandemic spreading. Those societies are more prepared for this kind of thing, whereas NYC was set up for the brink of disaster.
One other point: the mean average IQ for people in Tokyo is about ten points higher than people in New York City. Maybe 15. If Tokyo is that shining city on the hill, then NYC is its sewage treatment plant downstream.
Is that true? :disbelief:

NYC has has 11,000 covid deaths. Tokyo, the worlds largest and most dense city has has 93. NYC is locked down. Tokyo was never locked down. Both have had the virus for the same amount of time. Why is NYC's death rate 250 times higher than Tokyo's?

what are those reasons? both are big cities, both are crowded, both were exposed to the Chinese virus. One had disasterous results the other did not. Can't wait to hear your reasons why that happened.

I'm obviously speculating, since I have not seen any conclusively study of comparison, but the Japanese are a homogeneous and very disciplined society. They have better health out comes in general due to healthier lifestyles overall. They take better care of their elderly. They have much lower crime rates and one of the highest living standards in the world.

Compare that to New York City, which is a melting pot of the entire planet. They have a massively diverse population with different cultures and social norms. New Yorkers make poor lifestyle choices: they don't eat right, they don't take care of themselves, have higher rates of crime. There are parts of NYC that look like a war zone in the Middle East.

To try and compare New York to Tokyo is simply apples and oranges. Also take into consideration that a lot of influenza type pandemics have hit Asia far more often than other parts of the world which is why you see so many people in Asian countries wearing face masks even when there isn't a pandemic spreading. Those societies are more prepared for this kind of thing, whereas NYC was set up for the brink of disaster.
One other point: the mean average IQ for people in Tokyo is about ten points higher than people in New York City. Maybe 15. If Tokyo is that shining city on the hill, then NYC is its sewage treatment plant downstream.
Of course. Mean IQ for Japan about 105. Mean IQ for America about 100. Average New Yorker/Bronx IQ about 95. Now you know why they keep reelecting Cuomo and DeBlazio.

Of course. Mean IQ for Japan about 105. Mean IQ for America about 100. Average New Yorker/Bronx IQ about 95. Now you know why they keep reelecting Cuomo and DeBlazio.
Link, salty?

I agree that Tokyo and New York City have only one thing in common: a lot of people.

But as other posters have said, the culture of the Japanese people is so different from the culture of Americans, and -- in this case -- many of the people who live in the Big Apple.

I have read, for example, that one can walk down a street in Tokyo at midnight, and that nothing bad will happen to you. If you tried that in NYC, well, ...

Cuomo I can see but only an idiot would vote for Big Birdio.

I agree that Tokyo and New York City have only one thing in common: a lot of people.

But as other posters have said, the culture of the Japanese people is so different from the culture of Americans, and -- in this case -- many of the people who live in the Big Apple.

I have read, for example, that one can walk down a street in Tokyo at midnight, and that nothing bad will happen to you. If you tried that in NYC, well, ...
You really think no one walks around NYC at midnight?

Oh, yes, there are many bad people walking around the Big Apple at midnight. The good people who wander around at midnight are taking unnecessary chances.

..do you have a hangover???
point 1. NYC is a lot SMALLER than Japan
point 2. are you blind? it says --RIGHT THERE--NYC has 30 MILLION MORE tourists per year!!! so, not only more people, but more chances of C19
DUH

gees dude, Japan is a COUNTRY, New York is a CITY. How are you not able to understand that?

If you want to compare Japan, compare it to the USA, not NYC.

Come on, you cannot be this dumb.
allow me to put it another way:
.....if NYC has 60 million per year and Japan has 30 million---and Tokyo is in Japan, that ,means Tokyo has millions less per year
you just made an ass out of yourself

in your first attempt to post on this you compared the country of Japan with the city of New York, you have yet to grasp the error in that. This is not about tourism, its about the number of covid cases in each city. and yes, NYC has more tourism than Tokyo. so lets compare Philly to Tokyo. Philly had a large number of cases compared to Tokyo, how do you explain that?
....stop double talking shit like the MSM...NYC has MANY more people --much DENSER
..I just proved it and now you are trying to double talk babble
PLUS the obesity rates
it's very CLEAR--denser plus higher obesity/poor health

you continue to spout horseshit. NYC has just over 8 million people, Tokyo has almost 37 million. Ask Siri or google it if you don't believe me. Then you can apologize for your arrogance and ignorance.

The Tokyo metropolitan area is larger than the NYC metropolitan area, but Tokyo with almost 5 times the people is much more dense.
hahahhahahah

Good.

Go live in Tokyo, fucko.

Oh, yes, there are many bad people walking around the Big Apple at midnight. The good people who wander around at midnight are taking unnecessary chances.
And you think no bad people ever walk around Tokyo at midnight?

AND the average I.Q. of liberal lunatics that post on this site............................I'd rather not talk about that! Although it most likely makes New York City dwellers look like geniuses...........................Just sayin'!

The Chinese know they have this alliance with democrats. They can do anything they want they have American democrats wanting to fight Americans FOR them. For the first time since we threw out the British we have Americans willing to kill Americans on behalf of a foreign power. In some cases like Governor Cuomo, we have democrats actually killing Americans on behalf of a communist country.

Of course, some bad people walk around Tokyo at night. But facts are facts: The violent crime rate in Tokyo is tiny compared with the violent crime rate in New York City. Have a nice day!

Of course, some bad people walk around Tokyo at night. But facts are facts: The violent crime rate in Tokyo is tiny compared with the violent crime rate in New York City. Have a nice day!

none of this has anything to do with the FACT that Tokyo had a much lower covid infection rate than NYC. the libs will come up with all kinds or far out reasons but the reality is that NY was targeted and the mayor and governor did a shitty job of protecting the people of NYC.

none of this has anything to do with the FACT that Tokyo had a much lower covid infection rate than NYC. the libs will come up with all kinds or far out reasons but the reality is that NY was targeted and the mayor and governor did a shitty job of protecting the people of NYC.

I heard on talk radio that maybe the fact that the Japanese do not shake hands and that the Japanese do not literally get up in your face when speaking may have helped to keep the infection rate lower.

I heard on talk radio that maybe the fact that the Japanese do not shake hands and that the Japanese do not literally get up in your face when speaking may have helped to keep the infection rate lower.

quite possible since now the CDC has decided that you cannot get it from door knobs and other surfaces.

It's not as if Japanese people never shake hands.

Forum List

Back