Today's Though Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Reaction score
"Should the NFL expand to a 17 game season, 18 game season, leave it at a 16 game season, or go back to a 14 game season?"

I enjoyed the 14 game season and it would be great to go back to that and eliminate all pre-season games. It's only two less games and there was never a problem back in the day playing only 14 games.

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Should the NFL expand to a 17 game season, 18 game season, leave it at a 16 game season, or go back to a 14 game season?"

I enjoyed the 14 game season and it would be great to go back to that and eliminate all pre-season games. It's only two less games and there was never a problem back in the day playing only 14 games.
They want to expand because of $$$, but the number of injuries increases with more games, which the owners don't care about.

14 Games is good enough.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it at 16 games.

As it is, by the time teams get to the 15th/16th game, many of their starters are injured and they end up calling up players from the Taxi Squad.
Who are these guys?

How can NFL players make it through a 17 or 18 game season?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Reaction score

They’ve already announced a 17 game season with less preseason for 21-22. They will not be reducing the number of games. Thst would cut into the revenue streams, which will NEVER be allowed. I could see them going to 18 games. Thst actually makes more sense than 17, but they will not reduce the number of games, ever.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List