Todays Second Amendment Victims

Without the Atlantic ocean you`d be speaking German too. It was a better defense than the Maginot line.

Sorry ... I was referring to discussions I had with WWII German veterans regarding their impressions of their American enemy.
They made it fairly clear they were combat ready to handle most all assaults by our allies ... But the shear violence the Americans were willing to exhibit terrified them.

They knew we were out gunned and underequipped ... And they knew we were going to do any and everything possible to kill them.
They called us "Devils In Baggy Pants" ... And the fucking Atlantic Ocean didn't have a damn thing to do with that.

I mean face it ... I was only allowed that opportunity because I lived in their beautiful country for three years ... As the result of that time when they had glorified impressions of what they were capable of ... And just screwed the pooch ... :thup:

No offense to the German people ... I personally found them to be quite nice and hospitable.
The Atlantic Ocean obviously didn't hinder that outcome ... And for a while they were far more adept at speaking English than I was at German.

Last edited:
Suspect at large after 2 shot dead on Grambling State University campus

Nothing can be done says only country this sort of thing happens in.

If you knew more about this issue, you'd know such an event at Grambling is impossible because firearms are prohibited in their dorms.

http://www.gram.edu/student-life/residential-life/docs/GSU-TB2013.pdf

On the other hand, you might realize that the issue is not the firearm; the issue is that people don't follow the law and THEY should be punished.
It's the people not the guns is the lamest argument gun nuts ever came up with. We got people in Europe as well. So why is our body count lower than the US?

Except that several countries in Europe have high gun ownership rates and very few gun deaths. Just like the fact that there are several high gun ownership states in the US, with very low gun murder rates.

The only factor that really effects gun violence is racial and ethnic backgrounds. Cities, states, and countries with high percentages of blacks, Latinos, and Muslims always have correlating levels of crime and gun violence. Cities, states, and countries with very few of those, have very low crime rates and gun violence, regardless of gun laws and ownership levels.

The stats dont seem to bear that out.
Alaska has the biggest problem and I am sure that they dont have a hugely diverse problem.
Firearm death rates in the United States by state - Wikipedia

Guns are the problem not the people. People are pretty much the same all over the world. Access to guns makes the difference.

That is the STUPIDEST statement that I've read. I've lived around firearms for over 60 years and have NEVER seen one in good working order fire itself without a human pulling the trigger.

That is the STUPIDEST statement that I've read. I've lived around firearms for over 60 years and have NEVER seen one in good working order fire itself without a human pulling the trigger.

Same here.

It's best to keep an eye on them though. I walked past my gun safe just the other day. From inside the safe, I heard a lot of conspiratorial whispering going on. I think they're plotting something.
giphy.gif

From the city with the most restrictive gun laws in the U.S.......and this is just October........

38 shooting deaths and counting.......restrictive gun laws for law abiding citizens is not the answer.....
What would you suggest?

On a personal level, I will not be caught in a situation that I cannot return the threat. That being said, I am not opposed to a license being required to purchase guns or ammo, similar to a drivers license. Responsible storage and handling tests administered along with thorough background checks to identify previous criminal behavior and mental stability of the buyer, with periodic renewal. But that only affects the 300 million guns legally owned and purchased. It does not address the 200 million or so illegally purchased and black market weapons. That is the bigger problem in establishing some sort of control. I would have to defer to someone from the ATF on a plan as to how to do that.

For Tommy the simpleton, the RIGHT to purchase and own a gun has been a part of the culture of this country from the very beginning. Settlers did not last long if they could not defend themselves against anyone or anything that may do them harm or hunt for food from the very moment they arrived. It was reaffirmed when the necessity came to overthrow a ruler that did not respect them as fellow humans and only looked at them as subjects to fill his coffers with riches. Our founding fathers were bright enough to understand that would most likely not be the last time that the people of this fledgling country may have to take the same action against a future rule. THAT IS WHY IT WAS WRITTEN INTO THE FOUNDATION OF LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.

I am sickened by the senseless deaths that occurred in LV, Orlando, Newtown and other instances, but if a human is determined to harm is fellow being, he will find a way. Timothy McVeigh- Oklahoma City, 9/11 hijackers, Vans with explosives in London, Paris......and the list goes on. Evil resides in the heart and soul of a human, not in the tools he chooses to use. It has been this way forever and will continue to happen, sadly enough.

Licensing leads to the middle class not being able to afford guns. That's why licensing is rightfully identified as an INFRINGEMENT on the 2nd Amendment and is thus antithetical to the very foundation of the Founders intent.

Please explain to me how licensing would affect the middle class, most of them drive a car by the way. Licensing to expedite more thorough background checks is something I think all law abiding gun owners would welcome.

What would licensing do to stop criminals or mass shooters? Please explain that first...since criminals do not go through background checks to get guns...so they wouldn't bother trying to get a license they can't have in the first place...and a mass shooter would simply get the license...and then shoot people...

And licensing would create a fee...and a fee for exercising a Right is a poll tax.....which is unConstitutional.......and on top of that......owning a gun is a Right...and does not require a license to exercise that Right....

Should we license you before you post on the internet, write a book, speak in public, get a job as a journalist?

There is already a background check requirement in place, who do you think is paying for that work? It's part of the purchase of the weapon that the seller has included in the price. But again, as I said earlier, I'm NOT OPPOSED , didn't say it was the solution. I've just heard it brought up. By the way, the LV shooter went through background checks to buy all of his weapons. So why don't you recommend a solution, if you can. And obviously the status quo isn't goo enough.

If only guns would be eliminated from society then the world could teach itself to sing and buy itself a coke!

Ten thousand years of History be damn because Tommy believe the gun is the issue and not the Human being!!

Oh, I would like Tommy to drive through Mexico with cash in his pocket and see how Mexico is far worst than the good ol'U.S.A!!!

What would you suggest?

On a personal level, I will not be caught in a situation that I cannot return the threat. That being said, I am not opposed to a license being required to purchase guns or ammo, similar to a drivers license. Responsible storage and handling tests administered along with thorough background checks to identify previous criminal behavior and mental stability of the buyer, with periodic renewal. But that only affects the 300 million guns legally owned and purchased. It does not address the 200 million or so illegally purchased and black market weapons. That is the bigger problem in establishing some sort of control. I would have to defer to someone from the ATF on a plan as to how to do that.

For Tommy the simpleton, the RIGHT to purchase and own a gun has been a part of the culture of this country from the very beginning. Settlers did not last long if they could not defend themselves against anyone or anything that may do them harm or hunt for food from the very moment they arrived. It was reaffirmed when the necessity came to overthrow a ruler that did not respect them as fellow humans and only looked at them as subjects to fill his coffers with riches. Our founding fathers were bright enough to understand that would most likely not be the last time that the people of this fledgling country may have to take the same action against a future rule. THAT IS WHY IT WAS WRITTEN INTO THE FOUNDATION OF LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.

I am sickened by the senseless deaths that occurred in LV, Orlando, Newtown and other instances, but if a human is determined to harm is fellow being, he will find a way. Timothy McVeigh- Oklahoma City, 9/11 hijackers, Vans with explosives in London, Paris......and the list goes on. Evil resides in the heart and soul of a human, not in the tools he chooses to use. It has been this way forever and will continue to happen, sadly enough.

Licensing leads to the middle class not being able to afford guns. That's why licensing is rightfully identified as an INFRINGEMENT on the 2nd Amendment and is thus antithetical to the very foundation of the Founders intent.

Please explain to me how licensing would affect the middle class, most of them drive a car by the way. Licensing to expedite more thorough background checks is something I think all law abiding gun owners would welcome.

What would licensing do to stop criminals or mass shooters? Please explain that first...since criminals do not go through background checks to get guns...so they wouldn't bother trying to get a license they can't have in the first place...and a mass shooter would simply get the license...and then shoot people...

And licensing would create a fee...and a fee for exercising a Right is a poll tax.....which is unConstitutional.......and on top of that......owning a gun is a Right...and does not require a license to exercise that Right....

Should we license you before you post on the internet, write a book, speak in public, get a job as a journalist?

There is already a background check requirement in place, who do you think is paying for that work? It's part of the purchase of the weapon that the seller has included in the price. But again, as I said earlier, I'm NOT OPPOSED , didn't say it was the solution. I've just heard it brought up. By the way, the LV shooter went through background checks to buy all of his weapons. So why don't you recommend a solution, if you can. And obviously the status quo isn't goo enough.

There is no "solution". Paris, and the Norway shootings have shown that you can outright ban any weapon you want and bad guys will still get them. Instead of pushing outright failed "solutions" how about we address the fact that the only thing we can do is harden the otherwise soft targets. There are many ways to do this but let us stop presenting gun bans as a solution. They aren't. They are merely a violation of civil rights for hundreds of millions of people and will accomplish nothing.

it was explained to me as a kid back in the 60s that the price of the Freedom to own guns in the USA was the deaths of some people in the USA . I agree with that reasoning !! Just a comment !!

That would presume that people killed by guns would not have been killed by any other means.
Also should be remembered that some people fully deserved to be killed whether by guns or otherwise.
Also should be remembered that some people live because of animals and people killed by guns.

Texas: Where "he needed killing" is a legal justification for murder.

I like it!

From the city with the most restrictive gun laws in the U.S.......and this is just October........

38 shooting deaths and counting.......restrictive gun laws for law abiding citizens is not the answer.....
What would you suggest?

How thorough are you talking about?

They already want to know what the inseam of my pants is!

There is no "solution". Paris, and the Norway shootings have shown that you can outright ban any weapon you want and bad guys will still get them.
The SOLUTION is to ban some PEOPLE who do not share our values, not weapons.

Bullshit. America is the most violent society on the planet. The country was built on violence.

If we weren't as violent ... You'd be speaking German ... Shut up and take notes.

Without the Atlantic ocean you`d be speaking German too. It was a better defense than the Maginot line.

The Germans couldn't even get to the US with a plane, much less with troops.

They couldn't take an island across the English Channel so what makes you think they could get here?

Tell me about those great aircraft carriers they built in WWII.

Grambling is a black school with a huge crime rate. If they aren’t shooting each other they are knifing each other.

Tammy's still upset we were armed In 1776
And 1812

Yet they were DAMNED glad we were armed in 1918 and 1941.

We declared war in 1917

Tthe war was from 1914 - 1918.

The British consider the end of WWI to be 1920.

Why? Don't they know the armistice was on November 11, 1918? They were there!

Because they were fighting against the Bolsheviks until then. So were we for that matter. We had troops in Siberia until 1920.

Suspect at large after 2 shot dead on Grambling State University campus

Nothing can be done says only country this sort of thing happens in.

Especially when you are so stupid as to claim it is the fault of the weapon and not the assholes using them in a criminal manner. But when you're stupid, as you are, that's all you can do...

Gun crime in London increases by 42%

Gun crime in London rises by 42%
Yup. That's why the UK is so much safer than the US.

No. The reason why it used to be so much safer is you weren't inundated by millions of illegal third world migrants. Migrants who bring their cultures of violence with them. But, lo and behold, your leaders have decided to open the floodgates to those sorts of people and look at what is happening.

It ain't the guns silly clown, it is the people who do the crimes. You've lived in blissful ignorance for decades while we have had to deal with the third world in our cities. Now you get to experience that same bullshit.

Enjoy.
Bullshit. America is the most violent society on the planet. The country was built on violence.

In 1996 the UK put in strict controls and the murder rate climbed, murder by guns decreased however murders went up and continued to rise until 2003 when the UK hired more law enforcement officers. That same period, murders in the US declined and continued to decline until a couple years ago when it went up a little. In 1996 Australia put in stricter gun laws and murder by gun went down however murders continued to rise.

The guns aren’t the problem, it’s the people who want to take others lives.

I realize this will hurt and you won’t respond because the facts screw your hypothesis up but those are the facts. I posted them on this board several times and you nuts ignore the facts. So bring real facts and not your propaganda. Thanks.

Forum List

Back