To Understand Modern GOP, Look at Reactionary 90s: vitriolic 90s voices like Limbaugh &Robertson contributed to modern conservatism more than Reagan

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The Republican Party came around, belatedly, to Pat Buchanan’s views on trade, immigration, war, and more. America is better off for it.

But they still ignore his prophetic warnings about culture.

Newt Gingrich helped start the really hostile rhetoric and campaigns.
Yes, and Limbaugh took it from there, and ended up as the Father of the Alternate Universe.

"Don't listen to them. They're all corrupt. They're all out to get you. They're all victimizing you. Just listen to me. You can trust me. I'll tell you the truth. Just listen to me and avoid any contrary information like it's the plague".

And that's exactly what happened.

"Don't listen to them. They're all corrupt. They're all out to get you. They're all victimizing you. Just listen to me. You can trust me. I'll tell you the truth. Just listen to me and avoid any contrary information like it's the plague".

No fair!!!!

Stealing the Dem playbook.........

• Banned
as governor of Texas from 1995 to 2000, George W Bush was neither a neocon or a populist.

when W ran for president, ironically, Bill Kristol and David Brooks wrote in the Weekly Standard about W's weak foreign policy stature, and even claimed Al Gore was better on foreign policy

in 1990, the landmark book "The Tragedy Of American Compassion" laid out how bureaucracies crowd out charities

The government has zero incentive to help. Incentives are the essence of economic action. The Tragedy of American Compassion is a great book on this.

Reactionary to what? The left has ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, WAPO and the NYT not to mention the entire social media and they still complain about Limbaugh?
i'm personally not complaining, in fact, i'm giving Rush credit

The Republican Party came around, belatedly, to Pat Buchanan’s views on trade, immigration, war, and more. America is better off for it.

But they still ignore his prophetic warnings about culture.

No
Modern Republicans are a reactionary result, reacting to the batshit insanity of what the woke progressives have done to our country.
Turning every major city in America into a crime ridden cesspool.
Race relations have went back 40 years at least, the nation is more divided than the 60s... indeed, we haven't been this divided since the civil war.
I see you mentioned two poisonous talking heads on the right, without mentioning the divisive trash talking parade on the left.
Typical.

Yes, and Limbaugh took it from there, and ended up as the Father of the Alternate Universe.

And that's exactly what happened.

Rush's loudest critics never listened to him. You people just read what the Leftwing Media said about him.

To understand modern Democrats, look at what Yuri Bezmenov described in the 1980's...

Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.
It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.
The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these shmucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.

From a Former KGB Agent: The 4 stages of Subverting a Nation – James Japan

And, here we are today, in just the situation described back then.
That's why I describe the leftist morons as demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies.

Good luck everyone....

It's easy to understand. This is not a GOP, but a branch of the Latvian Reform Party.

Even simpler: it has nothing to do with GOP and is left anti-GOP

It started around 2005. It was then that the fake opposition began to actively rise around the world, which was faked as the right. The same thing happened in Russia, where the Republican Party was replaced by Navalny's "anti-corruption" clowns

And it all ended in 2009. Since then, no one has seen the real right.
Maybe they stayed in Hungary.

Forum List

Back