To regulate or not to regulate?

this is embarrassing, i'm degrading myself by further arguing with this idiot

you still having a difficult time grasping the nuances? figures.

The Congress is regulated by elections. The Congress is not all powerful. They have to play by rules they cannot change.

SO why the Slaughter Rule?
Fail.

Anyway, back to topic. Wall St meaning the financial services sector, is among the most regulated enterprises in the country. It is folly to think that some government bureaucrat "recognizes reality" more than the people in the business. This is Big Government think: We're smarter than the people who came up with this.
You cannot stamp out excess because by definition it does nto become excess until it has failed. And you cannot regulate away failure without also regulating away success.
The market is self regulating. Do something really stupid and your firm goes out of business. Look at Barings Bank.
But the Obama Administration wants to take that away, guaranteeing a too big to fail mentality. This will only encourage worse behavior in the future.

Yes, we need some regulation reform for Wall Street...to put more things in to sunshine

Unless you want to see us continually bailing wall street out for their own mistakes.

First and foremost, we need to separate the TOO BIG TO FAILS back in to what they were before regulations were lifted....

And where the heck is the prosecutions of the criminals in the rating agencies that were PAID OFF to list these mortgaged backed securities as grade A?

this is embarrassing, i'm degrading myself by further arguing with this idiot

you still having a difficult time grasping the nuances? figures.

The Congress is regulated by elections. The Congress is not all powerful. They have to play by rules they cannot change.

Fail.

Anyway, back to topic. Wall St meaning the financial services sector, is among the most regulated enterprises in the country. It is folly to think that some government bureaucrat "recognizes reality" more than the people in the business. This is Big Government think: We're smarter than the people who came up with this.
You cannot stamp out excess because by definition it does nto become excess until it has failed. And you cannot regulate away failure without also regulating away success.
The market is self regulating. Do something really stupid and your firm goes out of business. Look at Barings Bank.
But the Obama Administration wants to take that away, guaranteeing a too big to fail mentality. This will only encourage worse behavior in the future.

A rock is smarter than these idiots on Wall Street who bet on Credit Default Swaps. IF they were as smart as you think they are, they wouldn't have had to resort to begging our Federal Government for money.

Last edited:
Yes, we need some regulation reform for Wall Street...to put more things in to sunshine

Unless you want to see us continually bailing wall street out for their own mistakes.

First and foremost, we need to separate the TOO BIG TO FAILS back in to what they were before regulations were lifted....

It seems we've been here before. I asked what regulations would have prevented it and you ahve no answer because you are uninformed on the subject. So you bitch and grouse and make accusations and then disappear. It is the seagull method of posting: fly in, drop a bunch of shit, and fly out again.

It seems we've been here before. I asked what regulations would have prevented it and you ahve no answer because you are uninformed on the subject. So you bitch and grouse and make accusations and then disappear. It is the seagull method of posting: fly in, drop a bunch of shit, and fly out again.

Here is a great place to start...
Senate Probe to Look at Bond-Rating Firms - WSJ.com

Wall Street trading firms should not be allowed to BUY bond ratings.

Frank, Meeks, Waters, Clay, et al said 'no' in 2004, when it was still fixable.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs]YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis[/ame]

To regulate.

We must get the people used to having bureaucrats involved in their daily lives. As Founding Father Karl Marx strongly suggested in his Communist Manifesto , the interim process from freedom to communism requires ever increasing regulations.

That's the ticket.

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

Surely we shouldn't leave out Cox and Dodd.

All these guys weren't doing their jobs.

They weren't enforcing the regs that were already there.

Gotta wonder if a bailout would have been needed if these bozo's had been on the ball or cared enough to be??

because talking points are for lazy fucking idiots like you?

:eek:

I write for my audience. In this case someone who is obviously wrong, proven with one question, and won't admit it like the fucktard he is.
Lose.

The Slaughter Rule is an independent film, released in 2002 and starring Ryan Gosling and David Morse. The movie, set in contemporary Montana, explores the relationship between a small-town high school football player (Gosling), and his troubled coach (Morse). The film was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival.
:cuckoo:

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

Surely we shouldn't leave out Cox and Dodd.

All these guys weren't doing their jobs.

They weren't enforcing the regs that were already there.

Gotta wonder if a bailout would have been needed if these bozo's had been on the ball or cared enough to be??
Indeed. It seems to me if what was brought up in 2004 by the Republicans had been addressed, no bailout would have been needed in 2009.

because talking points are for lazy fucking idiots like you?

:eek:

I write for my audience. In this case someone who is obviously wrong, proven with one question, and won't admit it like the fucktard he is.
Lose.

The Slaughter Rule is an independent film, released in 2002 and starring Ryan Gosling and David Morse. The movie, set in contemporary Montana, explores the relationship between a small-town high school football player (Gosling), and his troubled coach (Morse). The film was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival.
:cuckoo:

Like the fucktard he is.

And you cannot regulate away failure without also regulating away success.

The market is self regulating. Do something really stupid and your firm goes out of business.
I'm sure that makes the collaterals feel better......

TriangleShirtwaist.jpg

March 25, 2011

"One hundred years ago today, a fire broke out at the Triangle Shirtwaist factory in lower Manhattan. After locked doors made flight impossible, many workers leapt to their deaths to escape the flames. One hundred and forty-six people died, in a tragedy that helped catalyze a national movement for workplace reform.

Unfortunately, we do not need to look back a hundred years to contemplate the horror of garment workers falling from the high floors of a burning factory. The last such nightmare befell workers barely 100 days ago, on December 14, when thirty workers were killed and more than a hundred injured at a factory producing for Kohl's, JC Penney, Target, Wrangler, Phillips-Van Heusen, Oshkosh, Gap and others.

The sad irony on this centennial of the Triangle tragedy is that the abusive conditions, poverty wages and shoddy garment industry safety practices that unions and social reformers decried in 1911 have not been eliminated. They have been outsourced."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back