What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To My Arab Brothers: The War With Israel Is Over...and they WON!!

Bonnie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
9,476
Reaction score
670
Points
48
Location
Wherever
To my Arab brothers: The War with Israel Is Over — and they won. Now let's finally move forward

By Youssef M. Ibrahim

http://www.JewishWorldReview.com |
With Israel entering its fourth week of an incursion into the same Gaza Strip it voluntarily evacuated a few months ago, a sense of reality among Arabs is spreading through commentary by Arab pundits, letters to the editor, and political talk shows on Arabic-language TV networks. The new views are stunning both in their maturity and in their realism. The best way I can think of to convey them is in the form of a letter to the Palestinian Arabs from their Arab friends:


Dear Palestinian Arab brethren:


The war with Israel is over.


You have lost. Surrender and negotiate to secure a future for your children.


We, your Arab brothers, may say until we are blue in the face that we stand by you, but the wise among you and most of us know that we are moving on, away from the tired old idea of the Palestinian Arab cause and the "eternal struggle" with Israel.


Dear friends, you and your leaders have wasted three generations trying to fight for Palestine, but the truth is the Palestine you could have had in 1948 is much bigger than the one you could have had in 1967, which in turn is much bigger than what you may have to settle for now or in another 10 years. Struggle means less land and more misery and utter loneliness.


At the moment, brothers, you would be lucky to secure a semblance of a state in that Gaza Strip into which you have all crowded, and a small part of the West Bank of the Jordan. It isn't going to get better. Time is running out even for this much land, so here are some facts, figures, and sound advice, friends.


You hold keys, which you drag out for television interviews, to houses that do not exist or are inhabited by Israelis who have no intention of leaving Jaffa, Haifa, Tel Aviv, or West Jerusalem. You shoot old guns at modern Israeli tanks and American-made fighter jets, doing virtually no harm to Israel while bringing the wrath of its mighty army down upon you. You fire ridiculously inept Kassam rockets that cause little destruction and delude yourselves into thinking this is a war of liberation. Your government, your social institutions, your schools, and your economy are all in ruins.



Your young people are growing up illiterate, ill, and bent on rites of death and suicide, while you, in effect, are living on the kindness of foreigners, including America and the United Nations. Every day your officials must beg for your daily bread, dependent on relief trucks that carry food and medicine into the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, while your criminal Muslim fundamentalist Hamas government continues to fan the flames of a war it can neither fight nor hope to win.


In other words, brothers, you are down, out, and alone in a burnt-out landscape that is shrinking by the day.


What kind of struggle is this? Is it worth waging at all? More important, what kind of miserable future does it portend for your children, the fourth or fifth generation of the Arab world's have-nots?


We, your Arab brothers, have moved on.


Those of us who have oil money are busy accumulating wealth and building housing, luxury developments, state-of-the-art universities and schools, and new highways and byways. Those of us who share borders with Israel, such as Egypt and Jordan, have signed a peace treaty with it and are not going to war for you any time soon. Those of us who are far away, in places like North Africa and Iraq, frankly could not care less about what happens to you.


Only Syria continues to feed your fantasies that someday it will join you in liberating Palestine, even though a huge chunk of its territory, the entire Golan Heights, was taken by Israel in 1967 and annexed. The Syrians, my friends, will gladly fight down to the last Palestinian Arab.


Before you got stuck with this Hamas crowd, another cheating, conniving, leader of yours, Yasser Arafat, sold you a rotten bill of goods — more pain, greater corruption, and millions stolen by his relatives — while your children played in the sewers of Gaza.


The war is over. Why not let a new future begin?


Youssef M. Ibrahim, a former New York Times Middle East Correspondent and Wall Street Journal Energy Editor for 25 years, is a freelance writer based in New York City and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
 

José

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
4,156
Reaction score
578
Points
180
To my Arab brothers: The War with Israel Is Over — and they won. Now let's finally move forward

By Youssef M. Ibrahim

http://www.JewishWorldReview.com |
Quote:
With Israel entering its fourth week of an incursion into the same Gaza Strip it voluntarily evacuated a few months ago, a sense of reality among Arabs is spreading through commentary by Arab pundits, letters to the editor, and political talk shows on Arabic-language TV networks. The new views are stunning both in their maturity and in their realism. The best way I can think of to convey them is in the form of a letter to the Palestinian Arabs from their Arab friends:


Dear Palestinian Arab brethren:


The war with Israel is over.


You have lost. Surrender and negotiate to secure a future for your children.


We, your Arab brothers, may say until we are blue in the face that we stand by you, but the wise among you and most of us know that we are moving on, away from the tired old idea of the Palestinian Arab cause and the "eternal struggle" with Israel.


Dear friends, you and your leaders have wasted three generations trying to fight for Palestine, but the truth is the Palestine you could have had in 1948 is much bigger than the one you could have had in 1967, which in turn is much bigger than what you may have to settle for now or in another 10 years. Struggle means less land and more misery and utter loneliness.


At the moment, brothers, you would be lucky to secure a semblance of a state in that Gaza Strip into which you have all crowded, and a small part of the West Bank of the Jordan. It isn't going to get better. Time is running out even for this much land, so here are some facts, figures, and sound advice, friends.


You hold keys, which you drag out for television interviews, to houses that do not exist or are inhabited by Israelis who have no intention of leaving Jaffa, Haifa, Tel Aviv, or West Jerusalem. You shoot old guns at modern Israeli tanks and American-made fighter jets, doing virtually no harm to Israel while bringing the wrath of its mighty army down upon you. You fire ridiculously inept Kassam rockets that cause little destruction and delude yourselves into thinking this is a war of liberation. Your government, your social institutions, your schools, and your economy are all in ruins.

FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO INFLUENTIAL NEWSLETTER

Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". HUNDREDS of columnists and cartoonists regularly appear. Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.



Your young people are growing up illiterate, ill, and bent on rites of death and suicide, while you, in effect, are living on the kindness of foreigners, including America and the United Nations. Every day your officials must beg for your daily bread, dependent on relief trucks that carry food and medicine into the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, while your criminal Muslim fundamentalist Hamas government continues to fan the flames of a war it can neither fight nor hope to win.


In other words, brothers, you are down, out, and alone in a burnt-out landscape that is shrinking by the day.


What kind of struggle is this? Is it worth waging at all? More important, what kind of miserable future does it portend for your children, the fourth or fifth generation of the Arab world's have-nots?


We, your Arab brothers, have moved on.


Those of us who have oil money are busy accumulating wealth and building housing, luxury developments, state-of-the-art universities and schools, and new highways and byways. Those of us who share borders with Israel, such as Egypt and Jordan, have signed a peace treaty with it and are not going to war for you any time soon. Those of us who are far away, in places like North Africa and Iraq, frankly could not care less about what happens to you.


Only Syria continues to feed your fantasies that someday it will join you in liberating Palestine, even though a huge chunk of its territory, the entire Golan Heights, was taken by Israel in 1967 and annexed. The Syrians, my friends, will gladly fight down to the last Palestinian Arab.


Before you got stuck with this Hamas crowd, another cheating, conniving, leader of yours, Yasser Arafat, sold you a rotten bill of goods — more pain, greater corruption, and millions stolen by his relatives — while your children played in the sewers of Gaza.


The war is over. Why not let a new future begin?

Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in Washington and in the media consider "must reading." Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.

Youssef M. Ibrahim, a former New York Times Middle East Correspondent and Wall Street Journal Energy Editor for 25 years, is a freelance writer based in New York City and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Why are you in a hurry to declare their defeat, Youssef?... I really like this name for some unknown reason : )

If there is a lesson the pseudo jews in Palestine have taught the whole world is that the “valid date” for a people to have their homeland back does not expire in less than 2000 years...

And palestinians have learned the lesson well... they are more than willing to wait for as long as it takes...

For a state founded less than 60 years ago Israel’s marketed image as a “democracy” is already in pretty bad shape.

So just sit back, relax and watch Israel’s international reputation going down the pipe... two american skyscrappers at a time...
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
José said:
Why are you in a hurry to declare their defeat, Youssef?... I really like this name for some unknown reason : )

If there is a lesson the pseudo jews in Palestine have taught the whole world is that the “valid date” for a people to have their homeland back does not expire in less than 2000 years...

And palestinians have learned the lesson well... they are more than willing to wait for as long as it takes...

For a state founded less than 60 years ago Israel’s marketed image as a “democracy” is already in pretty bad shape.

So just sit back, relax and watch Israel’s international reputation going down the pipe... two american skyscrappers at a time...


Thanks for making yourself clear. You've made the case why the US does support Israel.
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
By the same author, yesterday. I have to agree. In too many ways, between Olmert and Bush, an opportunity has turned into something very dangerous:

http://www.nysun.com/article/36974

Pandora's Box Is Opened By Ineptitude

BY YOUSSEF IBRAHIM
July 31, 2006
URL: http://www.nysun.com/article/36974

The balance of power and terror that shaped the Middle East landscape until the latest Arab-Israeli war has shifted profoundly in favor of radical forces, to the detriment of Arabs and Jews alike — as well as America.

Israel's handling of its confrontation with Hezbollah and Hamas in Lebanon and Gaza has been hesitant and clumsy. Led by inexperienced Prime Minister Olmert and his incompetent defense minister, Amir Peretz, Israel failed to put enough boots on the ground when it mattered, early in the battle against Hezbollah, stripping the country of its most potent weapon: its aura of invincibility.

Worse yet, Mr. Olmert's ineptitude as a leader has opened a Pandora's box. Jihadis will now flock to attack Israel's newly perceived weaknesses in fighting guerrilla forces in Gaza, the West Bank, and along the border with Lebanon, further upsetting a precarious balance of power in a turbulent Middle East where the forces of radical Islam have now gained the upper hand.

Hezbollah's insanely reckless attacks on Israel, coupled with the terror group's ability to hold its own against a tentative Israeli military campaign for weeks now, have all but shifted conventional thinking on the Middle East, with dire consequences for the whole region.

The war has transformed Hezbollah from a somewhat isolated sectarian Shiite terror group to a pan-Arab emblem of heroism.

There is more damage to assess here:

• Iran and Syria, until recently pariahs in the region and much of the Arab world, loom as serious decision-makers. Some in Congress and within the Bush administration, as well as Sunni Arab governments that privately loathe Syria and Iran, are now courting them as essential partners in making peace or war. This is a sinister development for the two rogue terrorist states.

• Much of Lebanon, a lone friendly democratic state in the Middle East, lies in ruins. Its people are traumatized by the failure of their best friends in the West to come to their rescue. A quarter of the Lebanese population, many of whom were allies of both America and even, discreetly, of Israel, are now refugees.

• Syria, which has taken in the Shiite Lebanese refugees, has dramatically paved the way toward reinstituting its influence in Lebanon after being practically evicted from the country months ago.

The regional impact of this disaster is no less daunting.

In Baghdad, a Shiite-dominated government held in place by American forces boldly hails the developments of the past few weeks as a triumph for an ascendant radical Shiism.

Sunni countries, including Jordan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia, privately welcomed the Israeli campaign as a way to deal with their Shiite enemies and the Iranian-Syrian axis of influence. They have since been forced into an embarrassed silence as they watch Israel and its hesitant leadership get bogged down.

When Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, the now fugitive leader of Hezbollah, decided to send his troops across Israel's border to kidnap two soldiers and kill others, a worse result could not have been envisioned.

For America, this adds to what has already been a lamentable Middle East policy.The Bush administration has given hope to Arab populations that support liberal values and secularism, only to let them down time after time.

After his 2004 re-election, President Bush promised that America would stand behind the Arab world's pursuit of freedom and democracy, but he has retreated from this policy into nevernever land.

The sight of the American president standing next to Iraq's militant pro-Iranian Shiite prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, inside the White House last week was the depth of depravity in politics.

Nothing symbolizes a bargain with the devil more than those images, which shall live in infamy.

The prime minister of Iraq, the country we liberated from dictatorship, is nothing more than an Iranian Muslim fundamentalist agent. To honor a reactionary fundamentalist in the halls of Congress is to dishonor the great American enterprise to liberate the Arab world from reactionary fundamentalism.

Mr. Bush, have you lost your way?
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
By the same author, yesterday. I have to agree. In too many ways, between Olmert and Bush, an opportunity has turned into something very dangerous:

http://www.nysun.com/article/36974

Are you purposely being negative so you can be pleasantly surpised later?
Zionists have proudly hailed Israels' military expertise and all knowing Mossad for years now. Maybe they over did it a bit and when one Israeli soldier dies they think the war is lost. The reports of Israels' demise are greatly exagerated. Apparently the media CAN convince Americans of anything.
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Are you purposely being negative so you can be pleasantly surpised later?
Zionists have proudly hailed Israels' military expertise and all knowing Mossad for years now. Maybe they over did it a bit and when one Israeli soldier dies they think the war is lost. The reports of Israels' demise are greatly exagerated. Apparently the media CAN convince Americans of anything.
No, I'd say realistic. Yesterday France was doing backdoor diplomacy with Lebanon, Syria, and Iran. Today EU has all lined up calling for cease fire immediately, international forces to be added later. Iran is calling for all Islamics to send weapons and men to Lebanon to fight with Hizbollah. Security Council getting ready to meet again, somehow I don't think it's Hizbollah that they will condemn.
 

rtwngAvngr

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
15,755
Reaction score
512
Points
48
Kathianne said:
No, I'd say realistic. Yesterday France was doing backdoor diplomacy with Lebanon, Syria, and Iran. Today EU has all lined up calling for cease fire immediately, international forces to be added later. Iran is calling for all Islamics to send weapons and men to Lebanon to fight with Hizbollah. Security Council getting ready to meet again, somehow I don't think it's Hizbollah that they will condemn.

Basically kathianne, everyone's tired of the jew bullshit.
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
rtwngAvngr said:
Basically kathianne, everyone's tired of the jew bullshit.
Answers your question, Dillo.
 

rtwngAvngr

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
15,755
Reaction score
512
Points
48
The plan was good and it was worth a try I guess: Strengthen america in asmuch as it can be convinced that Israel's priorities are it's priorities, while concurrently continuing the race shaming, open border insanity, and economic devastation. OF course, we'll have to get the banks to loan money like crazy, so we can quote homeowners statistics to anyone who complains. But the banks are ours, so that's easy.

The one sided nature of jew relationships always comes back to bite them. Payback's a bitch. Screw Israel.

Long Live Mel.
 

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
43,939
Reaction score
38,501
Points
3,605
Location
Arizona
With Israel entering its fourth week of an incursion into the same Gaza Strip it voluntarily evacuated a few months ago, a sense of reality among Arabs is spreading through commentary by Arab pundits, letters to the editor, and political talk shows on Arabic-language TV networks. The new views are stunning both in their maturity and in their realism. The best way I can think of to convey them is in the form of a letter to the Palestinian Arabs from their Arab friends:


Dear Palestinian Arab brethren:


The war with Israel is over.
Really? Some 80% of Lebanese now favor Hezbollah's fight agaist Israel. Thats hardly a victory for Israel.

You have lost. Surrender and negotiate to secure a future for your children.
Assuming that these people actually care about innocent children. These are the same assholes that literaly hide with women and children during their war, making them targets. They do not hold the same value on life as most sane people.

We, your Arab brothers, may say until we are blue in the face that we stand by you, but the wise among you and most of us know that we are moving on, away from the tired old idea of the Palestinian Arab cause and the "eternal struggle" with Israel.


Dear friends, you and your leaders have wasted three generations trying to fight for Palestine, but the truth is the Palestine you could have had in 1948 is much bigger than the one you could have had in 1967, which in turn is much bigger than what you may have to settle for now or in another 10 years. Struggle means less land and more misery and utter loneliness.

At the moment, brothers, you would be lucky to secure a semblance of a state in that Gaza Strip into which you have all crowded, and a small part of the West Bank of the Jordan. It isn't going to get better. Time is running out even for this much land, so here are some facts, figures, and sound advice, friends.


You hold keys, which you drag out for television interviews, to houses that do not exist or are inhabited by Israelis who have no intention of leaving Jaffa, Haifa, Tel Aviv, or West Jerusalem. You shoot old guns at modern Israeli tanks and American-made fighter jets, doing virtually no harm to Israel while bringing the wrath of its mighty army down upon you. You fire ridiculously inept Kassam rockets that cause little destruction and delude yourselves into thinking this is a war of liberation. Your government, your social institutions, your schools, and your economy are all in ruins.



Your young people are growing up illiterate, ill, and bent on rites of death and suicide, while you, in effect, are living on the kindness of foreigners, including America and the United Nations. Every day your officials must beg for your daily bread, dependent on relief trucks that carry food and medicine into the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, while your criminal Muslim fundamentalist Hamas government continues to fan the flames of a war it can neither fight nor hope to win.


In other words, brothers, you are down, out, and alone in a burnt-out landscape that is shrinking by the day.


What kind of struggle is this? Is it worth waging at all? More important, what kind of miserable future does it portend for your children, the fourth or fifth generation of the Arab world's have-nots?
Why try to interject logic into a people that have their entire values flipped upside down compared to the rest of the world? They believe their own propaganda and no matter how much truth you try to show them, they aren't even willing to look at it.

We, your Arab brothers, have moved on.


Those of us who have oil money are busy accumulating wealth and building housing, luxury developments, state-of-the-art universities and schools, and new highways and byways. Those of us who share borders with Israel, such as Egypt and Jordan, have signed a peace treaty with it and are not going to war for you any time soon. Those of us who are far away, in places like North Africa and Iraq, frankly could not care less about what happens to you.


Only Syria continues to feed your fantasies that someday it will join you in liberating Palestine, even though a huge chunk of its territory, the entire Golan Heights, was taken by Israel in 1967 and annexed. The Syrians, my friends, will gladly fight down to the last Palestinian Arab.


Before you got stuck with this Hamas crowd, another cheating, conniving, leader of yours, Yasser Arafat, sold you a rotten bill of goods — more pain, greater corruption, and millions stolen by his relatives — while your children played in the sewers of Gaza.


The war is over. Why not let a new future begin?


Youssef M. Ibrahim, a former New York Times Middle East Correspondent and Wall Street Journal Energy Editor for 25 years, is a freelance writer based in New York City and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
Somehow I doubt Mr.Muslim-American here really represents the way Arabs feel.
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
theHawk said:
Really? Some 80% of Lebanese now favor Hezbollah's fight agaist Israel. Thats hardly a victory for Israel.


Assuming that these people actually care about innocent children. These are the same assholes that literaly hide with women and children during their war, making them targets. They do not hold the same value on life as most sane people.


Why try to interject logic into a people that have their entire values flipped upside down compared to the rest of the world? They believe their own propaganda and no matter how much truth you try to show them, they aren't even willing to look at it.


Somehow I doubt Mr.Muslim-American here really represents the way Arabs feel.
Good job of ignoring the second article.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
No, I'd say realistic. Yesterday France was doing backdoor diplomacy with Lebanon, Syria, and Iran. Today EU has all lined up calling for cease fire immediately, international forces to be added later. Iran is calling for all Islamics to send weapons and men to Lebanon to fight with Hizbollah. Security Council getting ready to meet again, somehow I don't think it's Hizbollah that they will condemn.

Wow--a condemnation from the UN security council. I bet that really scares the shit out of Israel.:teeth:
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Wow--a condemnation from the UN security council. I bet that really scares the shit out of Israel.:teeth:
Not really funny. Good job of ignoring the other points. Are you pro-Mel, like your good buddy?
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
Not really funny. Good job of ignoring the other points. Are you pro-Mel, like your good buddy?

Na RWA is getting his cart before his horse. I think it's funny as hell that you think Israel fears a UN resolution. What is it about the UN being meaningless don't you understand? And the EU--oh wow--that is one scary bunch I mean to tell you. LOL
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Na RWA is getting his cart before his horse. I think it's funny as hell that you think Israel fears a UN resolution. What is it about the UN being meaningless don't you understand? And the EU--oh wow--that is one scary bunch I mean to tell you. LOL
You willfully misunderstand what I posted. In any case, I hope you are right and I'm wrong.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
You willfully misunderstand what I posted. In any case, I hope you are right and I'm wrong.

Then explain to me what you meant .
 

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
43,939
Reaction score
38,501
Points
3,605
Location
Arizona
Kathianne said:
Good job of ignoring the second article.


Didn't have time to read it.
I have now. Looks like he is eating his own words.

Anyone who thinks Israel is going to win this war by themselves is a fool.
There will not be enough countries to send in a real multi-national force.
It will all be US troops.
Some of us here have been trying to warn you people that this war will only spread and soon we will be fighting it, all on behalf of zionists, under the guise of the 'WOT'.

I just got home from lunch, was watching Foxnews. They went to commericals and it was an Israeli Zionist commercial pleading for America's help, to call the 1-800 number and pledge "support". I couldn't fucking believe it. These people try to make their homes inside the snake's mouth and now we have to fight for their independance.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:

Israel has NEVER had public opinion in its' favor so that's all business as usual.
Militarily they are gaining territory, decimating the Hizbullys defenses, and haven't even begun to use what they could should things get worse. Israel can withstand any BS the EU or the UN pulls together and all the US has had to do so far is watch. SCREW public opinion. They like the US are never going to win a world popularity contest. Even moderate Arabn states hate the Hizbullys with a passion becausr they are shitting in the Arab nest with this barbaric losing effort.
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$80.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top