to berretta or not to berreta that is the question......

I prefer the .45 round and in a 1911 format. Cocked and locked is very quick to set in motion but requires deliberate actions. The one thing you haven't mentioned is what he's comfortable shooting. Shot placement counts more than caliber, hand guns can only do so much. I like 1911s because they are single action. There's a reason they are very popular in shooting sports.

I don't like carrying Glocks or similar firearms because it might take too long to chamber a round or I might eff it up in a panic, plus it takes two hands. And don't like carrying loaded without a safety. Some semis do have them though. He really should go to a store with rentals to see what works best for him.

I carried a Berretta 92 in the USAF. Nice shooter but bulky to conceal. I've owned three of the small tip-up barrel models. A .25, a .32 Bobcat and now a .22 Tomcat. The Bobcat was a better shooter but bulky to carry in my pocket. The Tomcat is my summer carry pistol. Not much firepower but I plan on firing all seven rounds at short range for 7 hits.

I read an article in Handgun magazine where a lady was surprised by an assailant in a parking garage. She put 8 .22 rounds in him from her Berretta Tomcat and dropped him D.R.T. It's popular among women and the elderly because of the tip-up barrel. You don't have to rack back the slide and it's safe to carry with a round in the chamber. The first shot is double action and the rest of the clip is single action.

.32 Bobcat on top. .22 Tomcat on bottom:

armed-senior-citizen-beretta.jpg

I prefer the .45 round and in a 1911 format. Cocked and locked is very quick to set in motion but requires deliberate actions. The one thing you haven't mentioned is what he's comfortable shooting. Shot placement counts more than caliber, hand guns can only do so much. I like 1911s because they are single action. There's a reason they are very popular in shooting sports.

Hear, hear! My 1911 is my winter carry, truck and house pistol. There's no substitute for a .45.

94f2790fdde2f5e3a50390e4d01609e0.jpg

Hear, hear! My 1911 is my winter carry, truck and house pistol. There's no substitute for a .45.

I have the Para-Ordnance in stainless, only regret not waiting for a double stack.

I carry either a CZ82 or a Polish P64. The 82 is a little bulky and I had to change out the main spring in the 64 or get to the point where I could lift twenty pounds with my trigger fingers a hundred times a day......... Both use the 9x18 rounds.

CZ82
cz82.gif

Polish P64
courtesy-smith-wessonforum.com_1.jpg

Note the 64 looks like a rough version of the Walther PPK and they're about the same size.
Both are C&Rs and both are excellent sidearms.

I carry either a CZ82 or a Polish P64. The 82 is a little bulky and I had to change out the main spring in the 64 or get to the point where I could lift twenty pounds with my trigger fingers a hundred times a day......... Both use the 9x18 rounds.

CZ82
cz82.gif

Polish P64

Note the 64 looks like a rough version of the Walther PPK and they're about the same size.
I have a CZ in .30 Tokarev.

I love it, it is indestructible.

Never shot any flesh and blood with it though.

Might try it on a hog, have no idea what the knockdown power is.

I have the Para-Ordnance in stainless, only regret not waiting for a double stack.

Sixteen rounds....
Mounting plates for RMR 07 should arrive UPS today.

Sixteen rounds....

How much?

CZ82
cz82.gif

Polish P64

I also have a CZ52, 7.62 x 25 rounds. The penetrating power with the FMJs is awesome but because of that, and the fact it's all metal and "heavy" it makes a bad carry sidearm as it will penetrate class III body armor. That means unless one is loading hollowpoint the shooter needs to be aware of what's behind the target and what's behind that which is behind the target.......
It's a single stack so it's rather narrow which makes it fairly concealable even if it is big. Mine is the actual Czech made version, some were made in Romania and other Soviet satellite countries and not as good. It cost me $100 ten years ago and mine already had the US made hardened firing pin installed, the original pin is "soft" and tends to break easily.

1287752437.jpg

Just checked, looks like they're running from between $250 and $350 these days.
The first time I fired it at the range I heard the guy in the next booth exclaim; "what the fuck was that?" A bunch of people wanted to look and try it out, some liked it some didn't..... as is normal. :D

Sixteen rounds....

How much?

I picked mine up for $1200.00 you can find em cheaper but they were hard to come by at the time and I wasnt going to miss out on it..
The RMR was around $600.00 the Light/laser around $250.00

Smoothest .45 I've ever shot.

CZ82
cz82.gif

Polish P64

I also have a CZ52, 7.62 x 25 rounds. The penetrating power with the FMJs is awesome but because of that, and the fact it's all metal and "heavy" it makes a bad carry sidearm as it will penetrate class III body armor. That means unless one is loading hollowpoint the shooter needs to be aware of what's behind the target and what's behind that which is behind the target.......
It's a single stack so it's rather narrow which makes it fairly concealable even if it is big. Mine is the actual Czech made version, some were made in Romania and other Soviet satellite countries and not as good. It cost me $100 ten years ago and mine already had the US made hardened firing pin installed, the original pin is "soft" and tends to break easily.

1287752437.jpg

Just checked, looks like they're running from between $250 and $350 these days.
The first time I fired it at the range I heard the guy in the next booth exclaim; "what the fuck was that?" A bunch of people wanted to look and try it out, some liked it some didn't..... as is normal. :D

I think the round is a necked-down 9mmP.

If I am right, a 9mm barrel is available, and the same mag works.

I think I'll dig mine out when it gets warm enough to go out again.

This one is for hiking & home sometimes. S&W .44 magnum Mountain Gun. It speaks volumes.
Mine is before they started with the stupid internal locks.

EXCLUSIVE-MTN-GUN.jpg

Sixteen rounds....

How much?

I picked mine up for $1200.00 you can find em cheaper but they were hard to come by at the time and I wasnt going to miss out on it..

How much is the 5.7x28?

Not that I don't already have way too many guns.

I need to have a sale.

Sixteen rounds....

How much?

How much is the 5.7x28?

Not that I don't already have way too many guns.

I need to have a sale.

They're slightly higher but can still be found for under $1200.00.
Almost bought one but went with the .45 for ammo availability.

Forum List

Back