Time yet to reconsider "the arrow of time"?

^Groucho.
Time/Space is the 4th Dimension that is created by gravity
Again, I dunno, but seems to me "Space" is logically one dimension, "Time" another (perhaps). Cartesian or polar coordinate systems being only arbitrary point location schemes. "Space" always strikes me as a nothing begging for further definition.
S and T combined for the 4th d
The first three are then?
That’s Easy lol
Length , width and height
Those are simply coordinates, not dimensions.
They’re both
No, space has one dimension - space - with 3 coordinates required to locate any specific point within.

Space has 11 Dimensions
We live only in 4
What 4? Think first.. then type.

^Groucho.
Again, I dunno, but seems to me "Space" is logically one dimension, "Time" another (perhaps). Cartesian or polar coordinate systems being only arbitrary point location schemes. "Space" always strikes me as a nothing begging for further definition.
That’s Easy lol
They’re both
No, space has one dimension - space - with 3 coordinates required to locate any specific point within.

Space has 11 Dimensions
We live only in 4
Wow are you “ Science illiterate “
A 3rd grader knows more

^Groucho.
That’s Easy lol
They’re both

Space has 11 Dimensions
We live only in 4
Wow are you “ Science illiterate “
A 3rd grader knows more
3-s2.0-B9780128010006000067-f06-04-9780128010006.jpg

Length, width?

So an open system that has energy added to it can have it's usable energy increased by the addition of energy from outside the system.
Right. The entropy is therefore decreased. The "order" is increased. In reality, all systems are open. Without the Sun there would be no life on Earth. There was virtually nothing in the beginning. Now there are galaxies galore. Order from nothing.

How can one seriously conclude "that there are no 100% efficient transactions between matter and energy."? It's a never ending exchange. Energy and matter are always being created and destroyed.
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about the fundamental law of nature. If you want to believe there are no closed or isolated systems and that perpetual motion is possible. Feel free to believe that.

You clearly do not understand science.

What happened to your Bernie avatar? It was perfect for 2016 and you. I can see why you want to go backward in time.
I presume Bernie has just worn out and given up. A real shame. Not me.
Entropy and thermodynamics have to do with heat flow causing energy transfer. This is due to temperature differences in parts of the universe. As you know, entropy increases when temperature differences cause heat to flow from a hot place to a cold place. They have nothing to do with time direction. At least, you're not practicing science is atheism.
"Heat flow" is more complicated in "the universe" than it seems on Earth. It's not simply a matter of "temperature differences." The entire EM spectrum gets involved out there..
Are you saying that heat does not flow from warmer objects to cooler objects?
Obviously not. Why do I even bother? Christ on a cracker!
Then heat flow is not more complicated in the universe than on earth.

If you want to believe there are no closed or isolated systems and that perpetual motion is possible. Feel free to believe that.

If you want to believe in the Tooth Fairy and that perpetual motion is possible. Feel free to believe that.

Wtf- ever! Perpetual motion relates to nothing I've actually said here, sparky. Please, never think for yourself.. I might have a heart attack.

If you want to believe there are no closed or isolated systems and that perpetual motion is possible. Feel free to believe that.

If you want to believe in the Tooth Fairy and that perpetual motion is possible. Feel free to believe that.

Wtf- ever! Perpetual motion relates to nothing I've actually said here, sparky. Please, never think for yourself.. I might have a heart attack.
Perpetual motion relates to the fact that there are no 100% efficient processes.

It appears that you believe perpetual motion is not possible but don't understand why it is not possible. Because if you believe that there are 100% efficient processes, then you must believe perpetual motion is possible.

You don't know what you are talking about.

I like how you resort to insulting people who know more than you do.

Please keep doing it.

What happened to your Bernie avatar? It was perfect for 2016 and you. I can see why you want to go backward in time.
I presume Bernie has just worn out and given up. A real shame. Not me.
Entropy and thermodynamics have to do with heat flow causing energy transfer. This is due to temperature differences in parts of the universe. As you know, entropy increases when temperature differences cause heat to flow from a hot place to a cold place. They have nothing to do with time direction. At least, you're not practicing science is atheism.
"Heat flow" is more complicated in "the universe" than it seems on Earth. It's not simply a matter of "temperature differences." The entire EM spectrum gets involved out there..
Are you saying that heat does not flow from warmer objects to cooler objects?
Obviously not. Why do I even bother? Christ on a cracker!
Then heat flow is not more complicated in the universe than on earth.
You - Entropy and thermodynamics have to do with heat flow causing energy transfer. This is due to temperature differences in parts of the universe.
Me - "Heat flow" is more complicated in "the universe" than it seems on Earth. It's not simply a matter of "temperature differences."
You - Are you saying that heat does not flow from warmer objects to cooler objects?
Me - Obviously not.
You - Then heat flow is not more complicated in the universe than on earth.

Marvelous. Why bother typing when you just want to talk to yourself? No need to involve me in your fantasies.. Just talk.

Forum List

Back