Time to choose a side

You mean like Trump supporters having to suddenly hate NASCAR, NFL and other things that Trump decided he didn't like?
This is the problem with supporting any politician or party. You may not agree, but you can't really say so. Otherwise you'll get bashed by those who support the same politician or party.
You seen what they did to Ron Paul supporters. Or Justin Amash and Tulsi Gabbard.

Ron Paul and Justin Amash... Actual conservatives.
Tulsi Gabbard... Old fashion type liberal
No, you got me fucked up. I like Tulsi, not so much her agenda, but I think she's got decent character and would make a better president than the glass toothed jabbering retard the establishment injected into the WH. I even thought highly of Bernie until he took the 30 pieces of silver because he was one of the few in the US Senate that didn't become a multi-millionaire in 6 years with a $175K paycheck. I've never liked NASCAR, the NFL, Google, AssBook or Disney. For that matter I didn't even like Trump until after he won and actually exposed just how much the establishment reviled him. I wrote Ted Cruz in on my ballot. I used to call Trump "The World's Richest Professional Clown" and excoriated fellow "conservatives" for what I perceived as their acceptance of a cult of personality that was working to actually get hitlery elected.

Try again to pin me down.

Many Americans did .....

That's what the TEA Party movement was about.

Trump's huge victory in 2016 was a referendum on many things.

One of those things was the Republican establishment in Washington..

I was part of the original 2007 Tea Party. And supported it until the end of 2008, when the GOP infiltrated and destroyed it's original intent. By the end of 2008, it was just another wing of the GOP. And turned into a McCain supporting, war mongering, anybody but Obama pile of republican poop.

This country needs a HUGE dose of Barry Goldwater. But the Goldwaters aren't allowed in the republican party any more. The neocons took over the conservative wing of the GOP, much like the progressives took over the democrat party.

Nope... My side is that of the minority... The same side I am ALWAYS ON. MINE.

I agree and disagree on ideas based on their merits. I don't care who came up with those ideas.

Thank you. I think party politics is the worst thing that ever happened to our nation. No one cares if we make progress or fix problems, as long as their side beats the other side.
What problems have the Democrats fixed? The deficit?

But before you do, you have to decide how much you can stomach being part of their group.

If you choose, or have chosen the republicans, you have to put up with:
1. Being owned by a political party, regardless if you realize your owned or not.
2. Supporting abortion. For the simple fact that there have been many GOP majorities, with enough of a majority to create a law against Roe V Wade, and make abortion a murder charge. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 instances were legislation was authored and presented to the congressional committee, that would overturn Roe V Wade. But was kept in committee by GOP chairmen.
3. You're going to have to continue to buy into the propaganda that fighting wars against countries that pose no actual threat to our national security is still somehow fighting for our own freedoms, liberties and American way of life.
4. You're going to have to accept that the GOP is 1/2 responsible for the welfare state. Simply because the GOP has had enough majorities to stop the welfare state, but chose not to.
5. You're going to have to understand that the NRA is just a lobbying group (now) for gun manufacturers, who own many of our congressmen and senators. And who's only fight, is to keep fear in your minds so you'll continue to think you need to buy a new gun. And that without a new gun, you're family will die.
6. You're going to have to think that allowing those from Mexico and South America is going to destroy your way of life. That your family is going to raped and murdered. That everyone from those two countries are just rapist, thieves and murderers.
7. You're gonna have to overlook the blatant lies told by right wing media and social media.
8. You'll have to overlook Trump BS and lies. Even if it makes the right look good.
9. And overlook the government, even during a republican majority isn't really fighting the war on drugs.
10. You'll have to put up with your party flip flopping on issues when it's convenient. As in immigration. Back during Ronald Reagans era, the republican party supported a more open border policy. And the same flip flopping on wars of aggression. And a few others. You, like the democrats are going to have to learn to "blow with the wind" a lot better. Because soon enough, the right and left are going to flip flop on almost all issues.

If you're a democrat, you'll have to put up with this.
1. A baby in the womb is just cells. It's not really life. Even though someone can be charged for the death of a fetus if they attack a pregnant woman.
2. You'll have to overlook all the violent druggy thugs, and have sympathy for them, when they murder, rape or beat you or someone you love. It's not their fault. It's their race, the system, or the drugs fault. Not theirs.
3. You'll have to overlook all the wars against countries that pose no threat to our national security. And meddling in other countries internal affairs just a way to keep America free.
4. You'll have to overlook your parties nomination rigging. (seriously, who on the left was actually supporting Biden BEFORE the nomination?
5. You'll have to overlook for profit race based organizations that makes whites out to be bad people. Even though you probably know a lot of whites who are decent hard working honest people. And never mind the fact that blacks have resources and laws that allow them more opportunities to succeed than any other race in this country. And if they choose NOT to better themselves, it's whiteys fault.
6. You'll have to overlook the fact that the democrats are more focused on taking guns from people who don't commit violent gun crimes than they are those who actually do use their guns for violence. As in Chicago gangs, violent druggy thugs like George Floyd (who used a gun to rob and beat a woman)
7. You're going to have to overlook the fact that transgender females still have a male bone and muscle structure when they're beating the snot out of biological females in sports. Try not to think about how it's really a man dominating women in just another way.
8. And having an open border means that more and more fentanyl and heroin will be coming across our borders. And ending the war on drugs will only create more drug addicts, more violent crimes, more thefts, more homeless people, more OD's, more divorces, more children without parents and a whole slew of other things that drug addictions brings.
9. You'll have to put up with your party flip flopping on issues when it's convenient. As in immigration. Back during Bill Clintons era and before, democrats wanted to secure Americans jobs by securing the border. You're going to have to learn to just "blow with the wind" a lot better.

Both republicans and democrats will have to be OK with their party lying, cheating and stealing. You both will have to put up with a government that allows the devaluation of the US dollar. You'll have to put up with $15hr becoming a poverty wage within the next 10 years.
Republicans and democrats have been in complete control for over 170 years. So instead of blaming each other you might try something different. How about like the police need to do, try policing your own. When the DNC clearly rigs their nomination for an establishment candidate (Biden or Clinton) why not call them out on it.
When Trump funds planned parenthood or bans bump stocks, why didn't you call him out on that?

P.S. Don't think I'm trying to push a 3rd party with this post. I'm not. There's no way in hell a 3rd party is ever going to be able to scale the mountain of BS the R & D's have put in place for any 3rd party.
Choose what you believe is best for your country. Rubber stamping what the party leadership has decided is how we got into this pollical mess. Both parties are two strong. Their members in congress are slaves to the party. They don't represent you, they represent the party. Almost 75% of the time control of the presidency and congress are split. And what that means is little or no significant legislation makes it into law 75% of the time. Both parties support a major investment in infrastructure but of course they can not agree with the opposition.. Better that ever bridge in the country collapse and every highway be in grid lock than to agree with the opposition. If miraculously, one party would reverse their position on a major issue, the other party would find some reason to do the same. A third party might be just the way to break the deadlocks.

Last edited:

I was part of the original 2007 Tea Party. And supported it until the end of 2008, when the GOP infiltrated and destroyed it's original intent. By the end of 2008, it was just another wing of the GOP. And turned into a McCain supporting, war mongering, anybody but Obama pile of republican poop.

This country needs a HUGE dose of Barry Goldwater. But the Goldwaters aren't allowed in the republican party any more. The neocons took over the conservative wing of the GOP, much like the progressives took over the democrat party.
Once again we can agree.

No, you got me fucked up. I like Tulsi, not so much her agenda, but I think she's got decent character and would make a better president than the glass toothed jabbering retard the establishment injected into the WH. I even thought highly of Bernie until he took the 30 pieces of silver because he was one of the few in the US Senate that didn't become a multi-millionaire in 6 years with a $175K paycheck. I've never liked NASCAR, the NFL, Google, AssBook or Disney. For that matter I didn't even like Trump until after he won and actually exposed just how much the establishment reviled him. I wrote Ted Cruz in on my ballot. I used to call Trump "The World's Richest Professional Clown" and excoriated fellow "conservatives" for what I perceived as their acceptance of a cult of personality that was working to actually get hitlery elected.

Try again to pin me down.

I think I've misunderstood you, somewhat. You and I can agree on Tulsi. I think she would've made a good democrat president. But, she was just too honest for the democratic party. Not to mention, she exposed Clinton and the DNC of rigging their nomination.

As far as Trump goes, I only like a lot of what he said. But very little of what he actually did. As an ex salesman myself, I heard the sales pitch he used, and recognized it for the BS it was.
'Like "Lock her up." I could see that coming a mile away. And low n behold, within the first week after the election, he announced that he wouldn't be going after Clinton. And Trump supporters didn't hold him accountable for it.
Make Mexico pay for the wall? Anyone with 2 brain cells could see that was a lie. IF Trump wanted to build a wall, why not take Mexicans land to build it on. Had that wall been completed, over 1 million acres of American tax payers land would've had to be confiscated. Screw that. Take the Mexicans land.

Trump, like Reagan, was all talk. And when it came right down to it, was nothing more than a north eastern liberal disguised as a republican. If you paid close enough attention to what he did, and not so much what he said, you'd agree.
Only a liberal would ban bump stocks, fund planned parenthood, build hundreds of miles of border fence in some middle eastern country, allow an oil pipeline through one of Americans largest aquifers (Keystone) and the countless things that liberals and progressives would normally support.
BTW, I don't understand why the left didn't support Trump for all the things he did for them.

Also, Trump wasn't as bad as the left made him out to be. I honestly would've liked to seen what Trump could've done without so much opposition at ever turn. It actually made me feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
Choose what you believe is best for your country. Rubber stamping what the party leadership has decided is how we got into this pollical mess. Both parties are two strong. Their members in congress are slaves to the party. They don't represent you, they represent the party. Almost 75% of the time control of the presidency and congress are split. And what that means is little or no significant legislation makes it into law 75% of the time. Both parties support a major investment in infrastructure but of course they can not agree with the opposition.. Better that ever bridge in the country collapse and every highway be in grid lock than to agree with the opposition. If miraculously, one party would reverse their position on a major issue, the other party would find some reason to do the same. A third party might be just the way to break the deadlocks.

I don't think I could agree anymore.

Their members in congress are slaves to the party

And the party is slaves to the lobbyist and special interest.
And oh how the times have changed. The democrats used to highly enforced border security because it helped to protect the American working class jobs. Republicans wanted more open borders because it helped the corporation compete with the global markets. Now, all that's changed.
Everything the corporations want, our legislature gives them on a silver platter (and I'm not anti corporation, just anti- crony capitalism).

I'd like to see, just once in my life, a majority of actual conservatives. I think that would consist of two years of repealing 1000's of stupid laws and regulations. In fact, that might do a lot more good, than creating new laws.

Republicans have a big tent that covers pro and anti-abortion factions but did you ever see a democrat politician (or a hard core democrat) publicly speak out against abortion? It doesn't ever happen because there are no views allowed in the democrat party other than the hard line view. That's what you call being owned by a political party.

Republicans have a big tent that covers pro and anti-abortion factions but did you ever see a democrat politician (or a hard core democrat) publicly speak out against abortion? It doesn't ever happen because there are no views allowed in the democrat party other than the hard line view. That's what you call being owned by a political party.

I've seen the bad sides of both parties. And yes, I've known democrats who were pro life, and still voted democrat. But I get your point.
The GOP claims to be a big tent. Try being an anti trump person during Trumps presidency and see how far it got you?
I was an anti McCain republicans and was told my not only voters, but party leadership (local RNC chairman) that the RNC wasn't for me. Just because I supported conservatism over republicanism.

But before you do, you have to decide how much you can stomach being part of their group.

If you choose, or have chosen the republicans, you have to put up with:
1. Being owned by a political party, regardless if you realize your owned or not.
2. Supporting abortion. For the simple fact that there have been many GOP majorities, with enough of a majority to create a law against Roe V Wade, and make abortion a murder charge. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 instances were legislation was authored and presented to the congressional committee, that would overturn Roe V Wade. But was kept in committee by GOP chairmen.
3. You're going to have to continue to buy into the propaganda that fighting wars against countries that pose no actual threat to our national security is still somehow fighting for our own freedoms, liberties and American way of life.
4. You're going to have to accept that the GOP is 1/2 responsible for the welfare state. Simply because the GOP has had enough majorities to stop the welfare state, but chose not to.
5. You're going to have to understand that the NRA is just a lobbying group (now) for gun manufacturers, who own many of our congressmen and senators. And who's only fight, is to keep fear in your minds so you'll continue to think you need to buy a new gun. And that without a new gun, you're family will die.
6. You're going to have to think that allowing those from Mexico and South America is going to destroy your way of life. That your family is going to raped and murdered. That everyone from those two countries are just rapist, thieves and murderers.
7. You're gonna have to overlook the blatant lies told by right wing media and social media.
8. You'll have to overlook Trump BS and lies. Even if it makes the right look good.
9. And overlook the government, even during a republican majority isn't really fighting the war on drugs.
10. You'll have to put up with your party flip flopping on issues when it's convenient. As in immigration. Back during Ronald Reagans era, the republican party supported a more open border policy. And the same flip flopping on wars of aggression. And a few others. You, like the democrats are going to have to learn to "blow with the wind" a lot better. Because soon enough, the right and left are going to flip flop on almost all issues.

If you're a democrat, you'll have to put up with this.
1. A baby in the womb is just cells. It's not really life. Even though someone can be charged for the death of a fetus if they attack a pregnant woman.
2. You'll have to overlook all the violent druggy thugs, and have sympathy for them, when they murder, rape or beat you or someone you love. It's not their fault. It's their race, the system, or the drugs fault. Not theirs.
3. You'll have to overlook all the wars against countries that pose no threat to our national security. And meddling in other countries internal affairs just a way to keep America free.
4. You'll have to overlook your parties nomination rigging. (seriously, who on the left was actually supporting Biden BEFORE the nomination?
5. You'll have to overlook for profit race based organizations that makes whites out to be bad people. Even though you probably know a lot of whites who are decent hard working honest people. And never mind the fact that blacks have resources and laws that allow them more opportunities to succeed than any other race in this country. And if they choose NOT to better themselves, it's whiteys fault.
6. You'll have to overlook the fact that the democrats are more focused on taking guns from people who don't commit violent gun crimes than they are those who actually do use their guns for violence. As in Chicago gangs, violent druggy thugs like George Floyd (who used a gun to rob and beat a woman)
7. You're going to have to overlook the fact that transgender females still have a male bone and muscle structure when they're beating the snot out of biological females in sports. Try not to think about how it's really a man dominating women in just another way.
8. And having an open border means that more and more fentanyl and heroin will be coming across our borders. And ending the war on drugs will only create more drug addicts, more violent crimes, more thefts, more homeless people, more OD's, more divorces, more children without parents and a whole slew of other things that drug addictions brings.
9. You'll have to put up with your party flip flopping on issues when it's convenient. As in immigration. Back during Bill Clintons era and before, democrats wanted to secure Americans jobs by securing the border. You're going to have to learn to just "blow with the wind" a lot better.

Both republicans and democrats will have to be OK with their party lying, cheating and stealing. You both will have to put up with a government that allows the devaluation of the US dollar. You'll have to put up with $15hr becoming a poverty wage within the next 10 years.
Republicans and democrats have been in complete control for over 170 years. So instead of blaming each other you might try something different. How about like the police need to do, try policing your own. When the DNC clearly rigs their nomination for an establishment candidate (Biden or Clinton) why not call them out on it.
When Trump funds planned parenthood or bans bump stocks, why didn't you call him out on that?

P.S. Don't think I'm trying to push a 3rd party with this post. I'm not. There's no way in hell a 3rd party is ever going to be able to scale the mountain of BS the R & D's have put in place for any 3rd party.
I support those who are least crazy. Most crazy are Tlaib, Warren and Omar. But it could change.

I'm looking forward to proving you wrong again.
You can somehow prove that I lied about you voting for Biden?

We don't need a new thread for that.

Just drop it on us right here
Yep, I didn't think so.

In your world, voting for someone means you have to obediently agree with everything they say and do.

I'm so glad I'm not going through life like that.

Coward.
you are nothing more than a bleating sheep of the scum demonRATS

I chose my side 45 years ago. Good, bad, or otherwise, I've never felt the need to change.

I did the same thing. Only it was a sports team. Nothing really to lose if they're failures for 10 straight years.

Don't take it seriously. That's why moonbats are so miserable, they're consumed with this shit. The rest of us mock them. I do so mercilessly hoping they perform retroactive self abortions.

Both sides mock each other. For what? A few laughs?
Quality entertainment for free.

Forum List

Back