Tim Berners-Lee says 'surveillance threatens web'

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Web creator Sir Tim Berners-Lee has warned that the democratic nature of the net is threatened by a "growing tide of surveillance and censorship".

The warning came as he launched his World Wide Web Foundation's annual web index report, tracking global censorship.

I've been talking about this for a couple of years now and far too many seem to take it for granted or something not to worry about. The root of tyranny is stopping free speech [I think this is my own] Read the article @ BBC News - Tim Berners-Lee says 'surveillance threatens web'

Please, the web was doomed from the beginning.

Why?

It was developed by and for academics. Security was added later. Those truths I got from Berners-Lee

Last I checked Berners-Lee and others were working on a replacement for the web that would run over the internet with security being one of it's main basic building blocks. This does not address security issues related to the internet, but it is the web that we all browse over the internet

Why?

It was developed by and for academics. Security was added later. Those truths I got from Berners-Lee

Last I checked Berners-Lee and others were working on a replacement for the web that would run over the internet with security being one of it's main basic building blocks. This does not address security issues related to the internet, but it is the web that we all browse over the internet

Pssst! Be v-e-r-y careful what you post. NSA is listening in and could sic the IRS on you.

:eusa_whistle:

Why?

They knew pretty much from the beginning that they could use it to keep tabs on all the people in the world which is why they went to congress about it.

Forum List

Back