Three solar storms headed for Earth

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
"NOAA forecasters say there is a 55% to 60% chance of geomagnetic storms on May 15th and 16th when a series of coronal mass ejections (CMEs) could hit Earth’s magnetic field. Storm levels are expected to range between category G1 and G2. This means auroras could be sighted in northern-tier US states such as Montana, Minnesota, and upstate New York."

Looks like graveyard watch on the wind farms in Wyoming are going to be a good show with very few clouds the next few nights.. Might get to see the Aurora-borialis for the second time this year..

"NOAA forecasters say there is a 55% to 60% chance of geomagnetic storms on May 15th and 16th when a series of coronal mass ejections (CMEs) could hit Earth’s magnetic field. Storm levels are expected to range between category G1 and G2. This means auroras could be sighted in northern-tier US states such as Montana, Minnesota, and upstate New York."

Looks like graveyard watch on the wind farms in Wyoming are going to be a good show with very few clouds the next few nights.. Might get to see the Aurora-borialis for the second time this year..
did you get to see it?

did you get to see it?
IT was an awesome show. Hardly any clouds and I forgot my camera... kicking my self in the butt... 2 times in less than 4 months is unheard of.

Forum List

Back