Threats To Democracy??????

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
Democracy is not dead as long as we have an operating Constitution and people follow it. All this Democrat BS about a threat to democracy is more of their lies.
Congress still works and so do the courts.

Leftists are simpletons and easy to see though. They get all puffed up with that "We must save muh democracy" bullshit, but it's not about patriotism or love for their country.

They're only playing Alinsky's Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to his own book of rules."

Leftists are simpletons and easy to see though. They get all puffed up with that "We must save muh democracy" bullshit, but it's not about patriotism or love for their country.

They're only playing Alinsky's Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to his own book of rules."
qd2jx848z9i81.png

It may be instructive to be more granular in presenting the case for the threat Trumpery poses to democracy. And to understand it is a phenomenon that is new, unique to the post Trump presidency.

Colorado Guilty Plea a First for US Election Task Force

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security this month renewed a threat advisory warning of possible violence, particularly for elections officials, workers and other targets by individuals or small groups motivated by conspiracy theories and “false and misleading narratives.”

Griswold, a Democrat, told Colorado lawmakers earlier this year that she and other elections officials have received thousands of threats that have prompted many local clerks to quit or take security training so they feel safe in their public service work.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-threatening-colorados-top-elections-official

Man Charged with Making Threat to Arizona Election Official

A Missouri man was indicted yesterday for allegedly leaving a voicemail containing a threat on the personal cell phone of an election official in the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Walter Lee Hoornstra, 50, of Tecumseh, is charged with one count of communicating an interstate threat and one count of making a threatening telephone call.

Campaign of Fear
The Trump world’s assault on U.S. election workers

The people who administer U.S. elections – from poll workers and ballot counters to county clerks and secretaries of state – have endured a year of terroristic threats from supporters of former President Donald Trump, inspired by his false assertions of widespread fraud in the 2020 vote. The result, as Reuters chronicled in this agenda-setting series of reports, has been a campaign of intimidation that is stressing the foundation of American democracy.
The Trump world’s assault on the people who administer U.S. elections

The Biden admin is aware of the problem. But prevention, detection, and punishment are not easy.

What Can The Biden Administration Actually Do To Protect Elections?

The President then offered a declaration: “I will not stand by and watch the most fundamental freedom in this country, the freedom to vote and have your vote counted, be taken from you and the American people.” But what does that actually look like in practice?

“I keep hearing about more election officials that are receiving threats, but I don’t hear about any more prosecutions,” Matthew Weil, director of the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Elections Project, told TPM. Amy Cohen, executive director of the National Association of State Election Directors, testified to Congress last month, “a common refrain I hear from my members is that nobody is going to take this seriously until something bad happens, and we are all braced for the worst.”

In a statement, Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Polite, Jr. noted many of the threats are made anonymously with devices that are difficult to trace.

Some Call For More Biden Admin Action To Protect Elections

I follow current events in this country pretty closely and have for decades. I do not recall ever hearing about threats to election workers largely coming from the supporters of one politician, any politician, until Trump. Someone who is on the record having fomented the use of violence and intimidation against perceived political enemies. The enemies list having expanded beyond candidates of the opposing party to election workers carrying out their patriotic duties to the country.

Democracy is not dead as long as we have an operating Constitution and people follow it. All this Democrat BS about a threat to democracy is more of their lies.
The biggest threat to our democracy is loss of confidence.

I talked to some moron at a Pub who insisted that President Trump was a criminal. Asked him several times in several ways what crime has the president committed.

The man, a foaming at the mouth DemNazi Liberal could not even look me in the eye and simply muttered repeatedly that Trump was a criminal and he was going to be indicted.

I said, "6 years later" and you are still playing "we got him now?" When are you going to wake up and realize that Russian Collusion, Jan 6th, and The Raid at Maro Lago are all about Propaganda and Politics, and trying to give a particular party an unfair advantage in an election and nothing more? You could hear crickets in the pub it was so quiet.

This is how stupid these Democrat Trump haters are. They don't even know why they hate Trump. They only know that CNN and people like Pelosi, Waters, Clinton, Schummer etc. have told them to hate him.

It may be instructive to be more granular in presenting the case for the threat Trumpery poses to democracy. And to understand it is a phenomenon that is new, unique to the post Trump presidency.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security this month renewed a threat advisory warning of possible violence, particularly for elections officials, workers and other targets by individuals or small groups motivated by conspiracy theories and “false and misleading narratives.”

Griswold, a Democrat, told Colorado lawmakers earlier this year that she and other elections officials have received thousands of threats that have prompted many local clerks to quit or take security training so they feel safe in their public service work.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-threatening-colorados-top-elections-official

A Missouri man was indicted yesterday for allegedly leaving a voicemail containing a threat on the personal cell phone of an election official in the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Walter Lee Hoornstra, 50, of Tecumseh, is charged with one count of communicating an interstate threat and one count of making a threatening telephone call.

Campaign of Fear

The people who administer U.S. elections – from poll workers and ballot counters to county clerks and secretaries of state – have endured a year of terroristic threats from supporters of former President Donald Trump, inspired by his false assertions of widespread fraud in the 2020 vote. The result, as Reuters chronicled in this agenda-setting series of reports, has been a campaign of intimidation that is stressing the foundation of American democracy.

The Biden admin is aware of the problem. But prevention, detection, and punishment are not easy.

The President then offered a declaration: “I will not stand by and watch the most fundamental freedom in this country, the freedom to vote and have your vote counted, be taken from you and the American people.” But what does that actually look like in practice?

“I keep hearing about more election officials that are receiving threats, but I don’t hear about any more prosecutions,” Matthew Weil, director of the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Elections Project, told TPM. Amy Cohen, executive director of the National Association of State Election Directors, testified to Congress last month, “a common refrain I hear from my members is that nobody is going to take this seriously until something bad happens, and we are all braced for the worst.”

In a statement, Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Polite, Jr. noted many of the threats are made anonymously with devices that are difficult to trace.

I follow current events in this country pretty closely and have for decades. I do not recall ever hearing about threats to election workers largely coming from the supporters of one politician, any politician, until Trump. Someone who is on the record having fomented the use of violence and intimidation against perceived political enemies. The enemies list having expanded beyond candidates of the opposing party to election workers carrying out their patriotic duties to the country.
Voter ID and marking a voter's hand with dye like is done in other countries is the only way to secure elections. Mail in Balloting should be eliminated for all but The Military and the Sick.

Everything else you posted is just more horse shit angles to continue the Fraud.

Campaign of Fear

I am 100% in favor of all eligible voters voting.

ONCE.

Dead people aren't allowed to vote

Fake people aren't allowed to vote

Illegal aliens aren't allowed to vote

To prevent even the APPEARANCE of fraud, we must ensure in a very public way, that only those ELIGIBLE to vote, get to actually vote.

Anything less is a vulnerability begging to be exploited

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Death threats from angry Trump supporters forced Georgia election worker Ruby Freeman, a 62-year-old grandmother, to flee her home of 20 years. Some messages called for her hanging; one urged people to “hunt” her. Freeman showed hundreds of menacing messages to police and called 911 three times.

Beyond the concern for these two women as human beings and the fear they must have felt, and possibly still feel, from those threats, I can't help wondering, and worrying, about the effect stories like this have on other Americans dedicated to fair election outcomes. Americans who may be replaced with MAGAnuts all too willing to do anything they can to tilt the scales in favor of MAGAnut candidates.

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Death threats from angry Trump supporters forced Georgia election worker Ruby Freeman, a 62-year-old grandmother, to flee her home of 20 years. Some messages called for her hanging; one urged people to “hunt” her. Freeman showed hundreds of menacing messages to police and called 911 three times.

Beyond the concern for these two women as human beings and the fear they must have felt, and possibly still feel, from those threats, I can't help wondering, and worrying, about the effect stories like this have on other Americans dedicated to fair election outcomes. Americans who may be replaced with MAGAnuts all too willing to do anything they can to tilt the scales in favor of MAGAnut candidates.
Threats to Ruby Freeman do not equate with threats to democracy. Next?

Get that Virginia nonsense outta here.
:laugh:
Well Virginia is a Commonwealth but the dems here still go on about "mah democracy".

At least we are hand over fist better on property rights than Tejas is.....They never saw another person's land that they did not want to take by eminent domain if there was a graft nickel to be made off of it for a crony. ;)

Well Virginia is a Commonwealth but the dems here still go on about "mah democracy".

At least we are hand over fist better on property rights than Tejas is.....They never saw another person's land that they did not want to take by eminent domain if there was a graft nickel to be made off of it for a crony. ;)
You should move here and help us fix it.
;)

Now that the truth is coming out, how to you feel about Joe Biden ordering The FBI to commit a Watergate like RAID on Melania's Panty Drawer for the sole purpose of looking for political dirt they could leak to THE MEDIA?

This is Joe Biden's Watergate.

He should resign immediate.

We all knew he was a crook anyways.

You should move here and help us fix it.
;)
Blah, I got stuck in that shit-hole of a state for near three months once back in the 90s....Other than the Gulf surf fishing I saw nothing of redeeming value there.....And if I never see another fuckin' What A Burger it will be too soon.

I swear everyplace I went they wanted to take us to a What-A-Burger for lunch.....Now I know where they got the burger idea for the Falling Down movie. :laughing0301:

Having a border and letting illegals just waltz in by the thousands.

Wanting to give illegals American rights like voting.

Wanting to change voting laws.

Using the media and social media to censor and ban opposing viewpoints while promoting themselves.

Lying about things like the economy like saying there is no inflation when there is inflation, and ignoring truths.

Using federal law enforcement to watch civilians and go after political figure heads.

Use false flags to attack opponents like racism and saying having a different view makes you racist and a extremeist while the accusers sit and do exactly what they blame others for.

Prop up criminals and punish law abiders.

Create shortages by not doing anything about them.

Wanting to destroy the countries history.

And many other issues are the actual threat to democracy.

The cult posters on this site would not agree that people who died of COVID should be taken off voter rolls.

Think that one through.

Look, they still do not want dead Dem voters removed from the rolls.

BECAUSE THEY CHEAT.

Forum List

Back