Thousands of Low Temperature records about to be broken across US.

I was just browsing the DAILY all-time low temperature records and it looks like we are very likely to break thousands of Low temp records over the next week or two.

Looking at major cities like Salt Lake City UT, Denver CO, Casper WY, Detroit MI, Billings MT, Rapid City SD, among many others will all break records, if their forecasted temperatures are reached. As this storm system moves eastward it is likely to continue to break records across the US. And it won't even be close to the old records. Most will see the records broken by 5 - 8 deg F.

For the 23 of Dec:
Casper, Wy record -27. Forecast is -33
Billings, MT record -20. Forecast -36
Salt Lake City, Ut record -11. Forecast -22
Rapid City, SD record -28, Forecast -36

I could go on, but you get the point. This is going to be a very cold and brutal winter.

The source was Historical records and the NWS forecasting office. I had to compile the data into a list.
Eek. Those temperatures suuuuuuck

The trough over the eastern part of the USA is causing some ridging here on the Pacific Coast ... warm sub-tropical air streaming northward over us ... expecting mid-50's for highs and mid-40's for lows ... and rain ... and some more rain ... and then the rain will experience rain ... rain ... and more rain ... and with rain on top of that ... rain helps trees grow to 300 feet tall ... if these trees were growing in Nebraska, they'd be the State's highest elevation ... higher than even the State Capitol in Lincoln ...

Idiot, climate change is about average annual temperatures, not a winter blast lasting a week or two. Morons truly b'lieve claims of climate change means there's no more winters. :cuckoo:
Sounds great!

That should mean there's someplace you can show me that's got the latest annual (2021?) earth temp that EVERYONE agrees with, along with annual earth temps going back several thousand years (that EVERYONE agrees w/) and it all shows we got something really different now.

Right?

Sounds great!

That should mean there's someplace you can show me that's got the latest annual (2021?) earth temp that EVERYONE agrees with, along with annual earth temps going back several thousand years (that EVERYONE agrees w/) and it all shows we got something really different now.

Right?

I could show you a chart but there's no such thing as anything that EVERYONE agrees with. About any topic.

I was just browsing the DAILY all-time low temperature records and it looks like we are very likely to break thousands of Low temp records over the next week or two.

Looking at major cities like Salt Lake City UT, Denver CO, Casper WY, Detroit MI, Billings MT, Rapid City SD, among many others will all break records, if their forecasted temperatures are reached. As this storm system moves eastward it is likely to continue to break records across the US. And it won't even be close to the old records. Most will see the records broken by 5 - 8 deg F.

For the 23 of Dec:
Casper, Wy record -27. Forecast is -33
Billings, MT record -20. Forecast -36
Salt Lake City, Ut record -11. Forecast -22
Rapid City, SD record -28, Forecast -36

I could go on, but you get the point. This is going to be a very cold and brutal winter.

The source was Historical records and the NWS forecasting office. I had to compile the data into a list.
Colleague in Iowa states his temps going down to -8 Thursday

IF this storm follows the cyclical pattern, it will settle in above the great lakes for about two to three weeks. This thing is one massive polar low and if there is any blocking of movement eastward, all time low temp records will be shattered.

PRESENT CONDITIONS:
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 5.46.20 PM.png

SUNDAY - CHRISTMAS DAY:
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 5.48.26 PM.png

A WEEK FROM THIS THURSDAY (29th):
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 5.50.48 PM.png

I always judge winters by past hunting seasons because I was out in the middle of it a lot, at least to the end of February when all hunting/trapping seasons went out.

IMHO we still have a long way to go to get to the harsher winters we had in the late 60s, 70s, and into the early 80s.

It was not unusual at all to have snow on the ground at Thanksgiving....Now you are lucky if the leaves are gone by then.....I figure we are "behind" by about two to three weeks.

My town has a Fall festival to coincide with the peak period of leaves turning to get the leaf-looking tourist dollars. It used to be pretty close but the last couple decades it's been at least two/three-weeks behind peak leaf-lookin' time.

When I was growing up in North Texas, you could literally set your watch AND your calander by the weather that was going on at any particular time.

When the earth shifted on its axis, it caused a tsunami type hurricane they called "El Nino", which lasted almost an entire year. I think this was back around 1996 or 1997.
And that particular El Nino shifted the weather patterns over Texas. We could no longer set our clocks or calanders by the weather happening at any give time. Because it was all fucked up, and it's been fucked up since.

It is almost winter. And as The Hippy Dippy Weatherman might say, “turning colder toward winter and warmer by spring.”

Still, this is a bit colder than expected for autumn in the age of AGW.

Don’t you just hate those “paradoxical effects” of AGW where everything constitute “proof” of AGW?

It is almost winter. And as The Hippy Dippy Weatherman might say, “turning colder toward winter and warmer by spring.”

Still, this is a bit colder than expected for autumn in the age of AGW.

Don’t you just hate those “paradoxical effects” of AGW where everything constitute “proof” of AGW?
What a stupid post. The US is roughly 2% of the surface area of the planet.

I could show you a chart but there's no such thing as anything that EVERYONE agrees with. About any topic.
Right.

Of course Wikipedia says the suns surface temp is 9,941 °F and I didn't say any disagreement on that. Virtually everyone says the gravitational constant is 6.673 × 10 − 11 N m 2 / k g 2. There probably isn't any disagreement over PI being 3.14159..., even tho the Bible says it's 3.

Wouldn't you think the earth's surface temp would be so much easier to measure than the sun's (it really is a lot smaller and closer) that we'd have that number, somewhere?

We are expecting to get to freezing here in Central Florida with three days of close to record lows.

Global warming my ass.
"CLOSE to record lows"? So, NOT record lows? So, it's gotten colder in the past? So, this is definitely within normal variation. Right? Right. And what is driving this polar air down here? Is it the world cooling off? No. Is it from a decreasing differential between the equator and poles? Very likely yes. And what is causing that reduction in differential? Global warming.

"CLOSE to record lows"? So, NOT record lows? So, it's gotten colder in the past? So, this is definitely within normal variation. Right? Right. And what is driving this polar air down here? Is it the world cooling off? No. Is it from a decreasing differential between the equator and poles? Very likely yes. And what is causing that reduction in differential? Global warming.
Just like our present temperature is within the normal range of previous interglacials.

Forum List

Back