This year, there have been a series of incidents in which Fort Hood soldiers have vanished or died...23-year-old soldier Elder Fernandes is the latest

It is indeed strange. Back in the day, Fort Hood was known for it's deadly training area and tank range accidents, but these soldier disappearance and death thing is new.

I found an internet source that says anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 U.S. Army members go AWOL every year.
PRODUCE THE LINK!
Here is one that says 5,500. But, I do not think AWOL is the problem at Hood.

• Banned
I found an internet source that says anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 U.S. Army members go AWOL every year.
PRODUCE THE LINK!
Here is one that says 5,500.
These cowards need to be locked up. probably all America-hating liberals...maybe Trump will beat Biden by just 5 thousand votes? you know what that means...

LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!

PRODUCE THE LINK!
Here is one that says 5,500.
These cowards need to be locked up. probably all America-hating liberals...maybe Trump will beat Biden by just 5 thousand votes? you know what that means...

LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!
That is not what BasqueBroman's thread is about. But to your lock them up thing, it is usually not about cowardice. It is more often about unsuitability, personal issues, family issues, mental instability, substance abuse, etc, things falling under the heading of morale, a nebulous term at best. Yes many are indeed locked up depending on circumstance and often ending in a bad conduct discharge. Again, this is not what the thread is about, except possibly for that nebulous term, morale.

The U.S. Military executed about 160 servicemen between 1942 and 1961 convicted mostly of murder but also rape and desertion. A convicted serial murderer has been on Military death row since about 1988 but will probably die of old age. There is no doubt of the guilt of the Ft. Hood killer Maj. Hasan. There were about two hundred witnesses. He was sentenced to death about 7 years ago but the Military seems reluctant to pull the trigger.

Sad, another soldier lost this past week...

Private Carlton Chee, 25, a resident of the Navajo Nation, collapsed and died after physical fitness training on Wednesday.​
In a statement, the Navajo Nation Council recognized Chee alongside other Navajo soldiers, who are five times more likely to enlist in the armed forces than the general public.​
Chee is one of 28 soldiers who have died at the troubled Texas Army post this year. The Army says it will launch an investigation into the management and leadership at Fort Hood. A tank crewman, Chee joined the Army in February and had been assigned to Fort Hood since July.​

I'm no doctor but it's not hard to find clinical evidence of an increased incidence of diabetes and subsequent heart problems among the Navajo nation. Instead of blaming Ft. Hood maybe the Armed Forces should target certain ethnic cultures for specialized genetic health problems among recruits.

Forum List

Back