This Year At US Message Boards Halloween Is Coming Early!!! :D

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
That's right all of you Halloween lovers like Toffeenut Baconsmuggler and mudwhistle. To celebrate the first day of autumn and the beginning of the most spookiest season of the year, on September 22nd, for one day only until October it'll be the "Freaky First Day of Fall" celebration with all of your favorite Halloween songs, spooky stories and videos. A couple of additional announcements are don't forget that on September eighth will be the Cobra Kai season four watch party all the way up until midnight and September 11th will of course commemorate 9/11 and Grandparents' Day since it'll be on the same day this year. :) Anyways, I can't wait to see you all (and I hope you'll be there) for the 22nd of Spooktember celebration!! :D

1661641282732.png

That's right all of you Halloween lovers like Toffeenut Baconsmuggler and mudwhistle. To celebrate the first day of autumn and the beginning of the most spookiest season of the year, on September 22nd, for one day only until October it'll be the "Freaky First Day of Fall" celebration with all of your favorite Halloween songs, spooky stories and videos. A couple of additional announcements are don't forget that on September eighth will be the Cobra Kai season four watch party all the way up until midnight and September 11th will of course commemorate 9/11 and Grandparents' Day since it'll be on the same day this year. :) Anyways, I can't wait to see you all (and I hope you'll be there) for the 22nd of Spooktember celebration!! :D
It’s the holiest day of the year! None of that Season’s Greetings BS.

Pumpkin beer is good. Sam Adams has a special brew out in the stores. I tried some Atomic Pumpkin beer that includes hot peppers it was pretty good. I saw pumpkin coffee but I draw the line. Kids like the spooky season but what's in it for adults? Ordinary people get to dress up in outlandish costumes and display replicas of human body parts?

Pumpkin beer is good. Sam Adams has a special brew out in the stores. I tried some Atomic Pumpkin beer that includes hot peppers it was pretty good. I saw pumpkin coffee but I draw the line. Kids like the spooky season but what's in it for adults? Ordinary people get to dress up in outlandish costumes and display replicas of human body parts?

Horror movies, pumpkin carving, costume parties, hayrides,.. stuff like that.

I love pumpkin itself. I also love pumpkin spice, which has NO pumpkin in it.
I don't like beer though. But I've never heard anything bad about Samuel Adams beer, so they must know what they are doing.

Pumpkin flavored is completely different from pumpkin spice flavored. I like both, but both taste different.

As for Halloween, the religious nuts have turned it into something evil over the many decades. Halloween is something good, not bad. Originally, it was a European "curse remover" brought over from original settlers way back when. It was done on the eve of the fall soltice. It was for scaring off the bad omens and bad spirits for the next year of farming and harvesting. There wasn't anything about worshiping evil in it at all.......that was later added in by American religious lunatics.

So the REAL Halloween has nothing to do with Zombies, vampires, murder, mayhem, or body parts.............it's about the hopes and prayers for a good new year for planting and harvesting.

You can find horror movies all year long, some more graphic than others. Personally I'd rather see an old Legosi movie than watching blood spray out of a severed body part. Kids see more blood and gore in a year than people saw in their lifetime up to mid 20th century. The old trick or treat stuff that I remember as a kid has been replaced with metal detectors checking candy. I could understand adults wanting their kids to have fun but it seems that the dirty little secret is that Halloween has become a time for adults to engage in fantasies in public without fear of ridicule.

/——-/ Does USMB have PC guidelines for costumes this year?

Forum List

Back