This stuff is not as simple as folks make it out to be

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
I was having a discussion in another thread with some folks before a troll came along and fucked it up for everyone, so in the interests of finishing the discussion, I started this thread.
Check this out;

(Whoops..... wrong link at first, edited to fix)

We have people on opposite sides here, some saying that police are always wrong, and that no one ever needs to or should get shot, or tased, or pepper-sprayed, or beaten, and others saying that it is always, 100% of the time, wrong to resist LE in any way, no matter what violation of your rights or person is occurring, or what indignity is being forced upon you.

I believe none of this is that simple, and that every single case needs to be examined on it's own merits. I think sometimes people need to get shot. I think some people need their ass whipped. And I think sometimes the cops are the ones who deserve it, as well.

Last edited:
I don't agree with it. I think the only time a search like that should be performed is after they have been arrested and taken to a holding facility where they have special chairs they sit them in to see in those places. I wouldn't let them do that to my wife if I didn't have to.

Holey moley.
Yet another reason Texas will not be my next vacation destination.

• Banned
I'm not trying to bash cops here, there are a lot of people that need dealing with and often shooting them is really the only option.
Example;

These guys weren't super experienced, I could tell by the way they got stuck in a loop, giving orders that were being ignored. It took them quite a bit of time to transition to one covering and one going for the taser, which IMO, was the right move.
But I think it's clear that this guy couldn't be reasoned with and couldn't be safely subdued.
So I'm not saying cops are always wrong.

• Banned
OTOH, you have cops like this;

And the attitude and the entitled behavior here, leaves a lot of us with a bad taste in our mouths.

I was having a discussion in another thread with some folks before a troll came along and fucked it up for everyone, so in the interests of finishing the discussion, I started this thread.
Check this out;

(Whoops..... wrong link at first, edited to fix)

We have people on opposite sides here, some saying that police are always wrong, and that no one ever needs to or should get shot, or tased, or pepper-sprayed, or beaten, and others saying that it is always, 100% of the time, wrong to resist LE in any way, no matter what violation of your rights or person is occurring, or what indignity is being forced upon you.

I believe none of this is that simple, and that every single case needs to be examined on it's own merits. I think sometimes people need to get shot. I think some people need their ass whipped. And I think sometimes the cops are the ones who deserve it, as well.
Lethal force should only be used when there is an eminent threat to an officers life. A guy running away with a taser or even somebody who steals a car do not deserve a death sentence. Cavity searches seem extremely extreme.

• Banned
I don't agree with it. I think the only time a search like that should be performed is after they have been arrested and taken to a holding facility where they have special chairs they sit them in to see in those places. I wouldn't let them do that to my wife if I didn't have to.
My question is, what would be your point of no return?

Some say do what these ladies in the link have done, and make complaints (to a system that employs these Troopers in the first place) and file lawsuits, and that course of action has some validity, at least as long as you have video.

But is there really any redress for having your women raped on the side of the road by someone you have to fund through your tax money? What restitution is going to make an insult and a violation like this all better?

When do you stop them yourself?

In fairness, if I were a cop ALL I would do is probe people's rectums.

"Do you know how fast you were going? I need you to step out of the vehicle, and bend over."

My question is, what would be your point of no return?

Some say do what these ladies in the link have done, and make complaints (to a system that employs these Troopers in the first place) and file lawsuits, and that course of action has some validity, at least as long as you have video.

But is there really any redress for having your women raped on the side of the road by someone you have to fund through your tax money? What restitution is going to make an insult and a violation like this all better?

When do you stop them yourself?
Stop them yourself.

Forum List

Back