This story is so sad

Get ready for more of them

Sixteen weeks into her pregnancy she and her husband learned that Finley had a rare disease called triploidy. He was also missing a kidney, had a heart with no valves and an improperly developed brain.

She also claims was experiencing high blood pressure, writing: 'I had been pulled off of the blood thinners that were protecting my body from an autoimmune response.

'There was now a higher chance that I might not make it and my husband was looking at me with fear in his eyes and saying that he would NOT lose me, too.'

Her doctors said Finley would not survive and she was likely to face dangerous complications if the pregnancy continued.

DeSpain had three failed pregnancies and battled cervical cancer before she learned she was carrying her 'miracle' baby, Finley.

Due to previous heartbreak and complications, she and her husband remained cautious after learning she was pregnant for a fourth time.

Carrying the pregnancy to full-term would have put DeSpain at risk of potentially fatal complications, but Texas's so-called heartbeat abortion bill bans almost all abortions except for those vaguely defined as 'medical emergencies.'

DeSpain was told hers did not fit that criteria, and instead set out on a lengthy journey to a neighboring state, where she was branded a murderer by pro-life protesters on arriving at the abortion clinic.

'They assumed that I did not WANT the child that I had prayed for for almost 8 years,' DeSpain wrote. 'I knew that people like that do not want to understand. People like that will never have a heart for people like me.'

She wanted this baby. She wasnt using abortion for "birth control" Yet, despite all the rhetoric from pro-lifers, she was denied this abortion where the baby was going to DIE as it had no heart valves and was missing a kidney. In fact, she could have died as well.
This is where we are at now. Awesome.
Go to a state where abortion is still legal

She also claims was experiencing high blood pressure, writing: 'I had been pulled off of the blood thinners that were protecting my body from an autoimmune response.

'There was now a higher chance that I might not make it and my husband was looking at me with fear in his eyes and saying that he would NOT lose me, too.'

This clearly is something they decided to face when they tried to get pregnant. Thus to include it here, as an argument for abortion is dishonest.

If i were them, I would move. Thats some bullshit. Have to drive 10 hours to save the mothers life? The baby didnt even have heart valves or 2 kidneys?
All because of authoritarian politics...
Sad.

Isn't a 10 hour drive worth it?

If i were them, I would move. Thats some bullshit. Have to drive 10 hours to save the mothers life? The baby didnt even have heart valves or 2 kidneys?
All because of authoritarian politics...
Sad.

This is the type of problem you get when you make rational discussion of an issue impossible.

Nuance is lost. This is on you and yours.

Nope. They took her off the drugs so that the baby would not be exposed to them. Including that as a complaint, is dishonest.

Indeed, I wonder what would have happened if they just put her back on her normal drugs....

This could really be a manufactured crisis.
:lol:

There is ONLY 1 rational side of this issue to be had.

And that is exactly what I am talking about. Your complaint here is that an unusual case was not addressed in the law, but your actual position is one of absolute demands and refusal to discuss the issue at all.

Your plan is to shout down your enemies, demonize them, and use this issue to move your agenda forward.

It is very likely that you personally don't give a damn about this issue, or the women in question. THey are just weapons to be used against your hated enemies.

As I said, when people like you, dominate an issue, that eliminates the possibility of reasoned, rational, nuanced discussion of a complex issue.

And that is exactly what I am talking about. Your complaint here is that an unusual case was not addressed in the law, but your actual position is one of absolute demands and refusal to discuss the issue at all.

Your plan is to shout down your enemies, demonize them, and use this issue to move your agenda forward.

It is very likely that you personally don't give a damn about this issue, or the women in question. THey are just weapons to be used against your hated enemies.

As I said, when people like you, dominate an issue, that eliminates the possibility of reasoned, rational, nuanced discussion of a complex issue.
My "hated enemies?" Good lord :lol:
I just think its fucked up the state wouldnt let the woman save her fucking life, you hyperbolic retard.
Binary people see EVERYTHING binary, and its sad. Such a shitty way to go through life.
The issue isnt "complex" the baby had ZERO % chance of survival. The mom had a chance to die. There is no other discussion to be had.

My "hated enemies?" Good lord :lol:
I just think its fucked up the state wouldnt let the woman save her fucking life, you hyperbolic retard.
Binary people see EVERYTHING binary, and its sad. Such a shitty way to go through life.
The issue isnt "complex" the baby had ZERO % chance of survival. The mom had a chance to die. There is no other discussion to be had.

The binary divide is real. You can't pretend it away.

Your complaint in the op is supposedly the lack of an exception for an unusual case.

Such fine nuance is found though careful discussion and consideration of the issue.

You reject that. Explicitly.

Such cases are a fine place to find common ground and moderate the law to take care of these rare cases.

But, that's not what you are doing. you are using it to attack and to further divide.

Hence my point. This is on you and people like you.

The binary divide is real. You can't pretend it away.

Your complaint in the op is supposedly the lack of an exception for an unusual case.

Such fine nuance is found though careful discussion and consideration of the issue.

You reject that. Explicitly.

Such cases are a fine place to find common ground and moderate the law to take care of these rare cases.

But, that's not what you are doing. you are using it to attack and to further divide.

Hence my point. This is on you and people like you.
They have an exception for the life of the mother. This wasnt a big enough concern for them.

Just imagine if this woman couldnt afford to travel outside of the state. She either would have died before term, or given birth to a dead baby.
Gotta love authoritarian government!

They have an exception for the life of the mother. This wasnt a big enough concern for them.

Really? It sounds like a danger to her, being off her meds.

There was really no exception for non viable childlren?

Yep. Sounds like a bill written without any real discussion of the issue. One where people like you were shouting down any attempts at compromise or bridge building.

Are you personally open to compromise on this issue?

Forum List

Back