This Old Knife.....1932ish Case XX 5" Fixed Blade

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The gun shop this morning called and said that "the coin shop guy" dropped off 20-odd guns and a big box of knives and for me to come and take a look.

I bought an Marlin lever action out of the bunch and while my paperwork was clearing the owner told me to look through the box of knives.

Most were collectable .mil knives of various ages/flavors but I did spy a old 5" fixed blade Case XX hunting knife in decent shape. He had no interest so he sold it to me for $25.00.

I believe it from around 1932....Maybe as early as the 1920s.

xx 001 (2).JPG

It's been sharpened but not to where it hurts the utility so thought I might get a more modern sheath for it (reserving the old one) and give it to my G-Grandson in a couple years.....It will make him a fine hunting knife.

Every boy wants a pocket and fixed blade knife. ;)

The gun shop this morning called and said that "the coin shop guy" dropped off 20-odd guns and a big box of knives and for me to come and take a look.

I bought an Marlin lever action out of the bunch and while my paperwork was clearing the owner told me to look through the box of knives.

Most were collectable .mil knives of various ages/flavors but I did spy a old 5" fixed blade Case XX hunting knife in decent shape. He had no interest so he sold it to me for $25.00.

I believe it from around 1932....Maybe as early as the 1920s.

View attachment 951075

It's been sharpened but not to where it hurts the utility so thought I might get a more modern sheath for it (reserving the old one) and give it to my G-Grandson in a couple years.....It will make him a fine hunting knife.

Every boy wants a pocket and fixed blade knife. ;)
I noticed that Buck Knives tend to hold an edge pretty well too.

My favorite knife is a KATZ Tanto. You could put it thru the side of a car without worrying about breaking off the tip.

Bought it from another team guy who builds knives out of deer horns.

Forum List

Back