This Little Girl Is Amazing. She Says It God Who Blessed Her.

Little girl is my hero: She speaks Russian and knows Sign Language. She also has an appreciate for the fine arts (something rare in today's society it would seem at times).

Whether god imbued her with her abilities or whether she was reincarnated, she is something special.
You don't have the hots for her, do you?

If we don't 'learn' that stuff... how come feral children are never religious?
:cuckoo:

Feral? As in like a feral cat or dog? Seems this little girls environment in respect to religion was about as infertile or feral as you could get, yet she somehow ascribes her incredible abilities to God. Why? Did her atheistic Mom push her to this? :cuckoo:

:cuckoo:

Why would that make a difference? It still would be amazing to any open minded individual. Seems your promoting a casm between those that are religious and those that are not, by the vain of your question.

It is amazing, so no worries. I was wondering (not promoting a chasm) if people here would feel the same - because the topic was introducd with a heavily religious tone, that's all.

You don't have the hots for her, do you?

You gotta ease-up a little. Kagon's taken a lot from a lot of people, and hangs in there and stays respectible to others. Kagon isn't razzing you. Let things ly.

We all have our splinters floating in our eye balls......as Jesus once said.

I know that until I can pick that big old 2'x4' out of my eye, I gotta watch out pointing-out faults in others.

How do nonbelievers, maybe "doctors and scientists", explain this incredible young lady? I would love to hear it.

How do believers explain why God "blesses" Aki yet turns my youngest daughter (Mandy) into a drug addicted prostitute?

Is Mandy being punished for my sinful alcoholism? Should I deliver her up to the "decent" men of the city (i.e. her Johns) to be stoned to death* for her "sins?"

Maybe God is waiving his dire threat to atheists** in Aki’s mother’s case because he is thinking of reincarnating again and needs to get into the pants of this pink-eyed little Picasso, like he did with his 14-year-old mother, Mary!

I'm afraid the video only confirms to me what a detestable "drop kick and punt" (rhyming slang) that the Christian's Jewish God is. How his purported "level playing field" in the salvation stakes is obviously bullshit.

Let him give Aki an Iraqi kid’s life and see if she still suckholes him like that disgustingly crawling doormat Job did.

(BTW, it’s nice to see Jewish Jesus has blue eyes like his Scottish Presbyterian groupies! – Hamish MacChrist?)

*Stoning To Death - "And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die" (Deuteronomy 21:20-21). "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death" (Mark 7:10). "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death" (Exodus 21:15). "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death (Exodus 21:17)."

**KJV - 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

How do believers explain why God "blesses" Aki yet turns my youngest daughter (Mandy) into a drug addicted prostitute?

Is Mandy being punished for my sinful alcoholism? Should I deliver her up to the "decent" men of the city (i.e. her Johns) to be stoned to death* for her "sins?"

Maybe God is waiving his dire threat to atheists** in Aki’s mother’s case because he is thinking of reincarnating again and needs to get into the pants of this pink-eyed little Picasso, like he did with his 14-year-old mother, Mary!

I'm afraid the video only confirms to me what a detestable "drop kick and punt" (rhyming slang) that the Christian's Jewish God is. How his purported "level playing field" in the salvation stakes is obviously bullshit.

Let him give Aki an Iraqi kid’s life and see if she still suckholes him like that disgustingly crawling doormat Job did.

(BTW, it’s nice to see Jewish Jesus has blue eyes like his Scottish Presbyterian groupies! – Hamish MacChrist?)

*Stoning To Death - "And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die" (Deuteronomy 21:20-21). "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death" (Mark 7:10). "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death" (Exodus 21:15). "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death (Exodus 21:17)."

**KJV - 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

My Friend: I have three grown sons, one of whom didn't choose to have two Kidney transplants, one at age 14 and the second when married at age 26. This son has been given ample opportunity in his life to see some grace and second chances at life. His next younger brother was born healthy as anything, but chose drugs, and all kinds of other things. The youngest of the three sons, is a medical/research PHD student, and has kept living a clean life, by his choice from the day he was born.

There is no where in the bible that God says that he made all of us as little automatons to obey Him, and get blessed out of our socks for doing so. The bible says that God allows the rain to fall and nourish both the crops of the evil man and the good man. God is no respecter of mankind, as man is dispicable to the core, as evidenced by every human being's nature. We do good deeds to impress others and feel good about ourselves, but our nature is still the same. Just some of us are more honest than others and don't try to pretend that we clean on the inside.

My one son born with bad kidneys and having to endure countless operations, wasn't blessed with a perfect body, yet he hasn't hardened his heart because of what life has dealt him. He doesn't blame God, but prods on with life and looks at all the blessings that he has received and does his best to survive.

My son who delved into drugs, and has been arrested more than once with DWI's/DUI's, has a "will" or "chooser". The very independent, voluntary nature given by His Creator. That son whom I love more than anything has broken my heart, and caused much stress, but he also proves a point that we/mankind are a fallen race. Disease racks many bodies, we also choose lifestyles by our own volition that threaten our life-span, etc.

God did not make man sinful, or make man flawed. Man chose to ignore his creator, and live for himself, and it resulted in God allowing this type of rebellious independence that was cursed with a sinful nature. The book of Romans in the N.T. flatly and clearly lays out the sequence. When man ignores God, he/man will spirial into a darkness of life and living. God just allows it. He doesn't push us. Also this downward spiral may be the way of our coming to our senses as we start to reassess our lives in an objective way for the first time without living in denial, and victimhood.

The moment that we turned away from God, we relinquished God's guidance, and also give up an innocent nature for a flawed, rebellious one. You, me, our children all are born with this flawed nature. God didn't push it on us. We didn't want his Lordship in our lives, and we got the resultant consolation prize for our ignorance, and stubbornness.

Your kid, my kid, have wills to chose right and wrong. No one forces them to put pills in their mouths or stick dirty needles in their arms. Everyday of our lives is a multitude of choices. Our lives can be ones of independent, rebelliousness, or they can be lives that are contrite, with humility, and thankfulness for being able to take another breath of air and seeing a rising son in the morning for another time.

Yet when babies are born with crack in their systems, or there's deformities, or cancer hits good living people, we are so quick to blame our Creator. "Why doesn't He fix this?"

God can heal anyone, He so determines, but if He did, us humans would lose out on some elementary principles of life, and would never mature beyond illiterate little brats. These life threatening or terrifying struggles that beset mankind, are allowe by our Creator to drive us to realize that we are weak, helpless creatures, in need of reconciliation with our Creator. Physical, mental, or emotional healing is secondary to spiritual health. The healthiest human body in the world can harbor the sickest soul.

Often sickness and ill fortune are the few things in life that knock us human beings off of our perverbial self-made pedestals of pride. As "Pride cometh before a fall", Pride also is evidence of our terrible character flaw, that lives a lie of life, thinking that life revolves around, "me".

If we really got down and got transparent about how we raised our kids, we'd have to admit that it's a miracle that our kids even end up surviving to adulthood in many cases. We as adults often are the biggest hypcrites to our kids. We tell them not to use drugs, yet we sip our Martinis, or High balls, or down a six pack of brewski's on a weekend. We tell them not to watch certain tv shows, but we watch them ourselves when the kids are fast asleep. We envy, we covet, we fanticize about things that are dark and embarrassing.......This is all the evidence of that nature that fell back when the first human couple decided to choose their own way over obedience to their Creator.
This little girl has some kind of gift. Why she is the way she is, with a mother who doesn't give a flying leap about God.........I don't know! Why didn't my drug user kid get blessed like this little girl? I don't know! Am I going to bitch about it, and get mad at God? No! God know's my kid better than I know him. He made my kid. I was just the sperm donor, and tried to raise him in a Christian home to honor, love and obey God via biblical principles. I did my best, but I'm not perfect. I didn't do it perfectly, but also my son was born as myself to become an independent thinking human being with his own will to choose yeah or nay.

Is there hope for my kid? Yes! Will he be a Rembrandt? Most likely not! Why? I don't know. I just love him and try to encourage him when he does positive things in his life, and try to not boss him around when he's making wrong decisions. I didn't become a Christian by my merit. It was Jesus who made me acceptable to God, through my faith in Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

I responded to God's offer of salvation and restored relationship with Him through exercising my God given will in believing in Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life.

I hope some day that my son who jumps in and out of addiction will come around, that my two-time Kidney transplant son will come around, and that my med/research phd. son will come around too. I see glimmers of hope. I'm an older man now. All three sons are married. I can't treat them like children. I can't always give advice.

They have to live life, be hurt by their wrong decisions, and learn from them. God is always calling mankind to Himself, through life's tribulations. The only time we are interested in God is usually when we get in a terrible "jam". When we can't find a manmade way out, we scream for mercy, we all of a sudden acquire the ability to pray. God desires that we be dependent upon Him for our needs, because we really are helpless whether we know it or not.

Grace.......Unmerited favor. Somehow this little girl has been given much, and she hasn't ignored what she's been given. She expresses her gifts with a thankful heart, and seems to be desirous to glorify her Creator in reciprocation.
God is not our enemy, He awaits in the wings for His created humanity to respond to Him. God does not look at the outside of man to judge character, but looks at our inner man's/woman's/heart. That's where the rubber meets the road.
Believe it or not, God doesn't get mad at us because we get angry at Him. In retrospect, I believe He hopes that we will finally see things His way, as the bible says that He is perfect in His ways. He will not fail us, but it's God that sets the parameters of what we need and don't need, as we are the clay and He is the Potter.....Metaphorically speaking.

What a wonderfully positive world you live in.......how nice to be you. It is all about you isn't it chip(obviously named for that enormous chunk sitting on your shoulder).

Holy SHIT! There is an image of jesus in Saint Bob Ross's afro!
bob-ross-the-joy-of-painting-20060403115238486.jpg

Holy SHIT! There is an image of jesus in Saint Bob Ross's afro!
bob-ross-the-joy-of-painting-20060403115238486.jpg

There's a little congregation down the street that would welcome you into their midst, and raise you up to Sainthood for your incredible insight, and discovery! ;) lol

My Friend: I have three grown sons, one of whom didn't choose to have two Kidney transplants, one at age 14 and the second when married at age 26. This son has been given ample opportunity in his life to see some grace and second chances at life. His next younger brother was born healthy as anything, but chose drugs, and all kinds of other things. The youngest of the three sons, is a medical/research PHD student, and has kept living a clean life, by his choice from the day he was born.

There is no where in the bible that God says that he made all of us as little automatons to obey Him, and get blessed out of our socks for doing so. The bible says that God allows the rain to fall and nourish both the crops of the evil man and the good man. God is no respecter of mankind, as man is dispicable to the core, as evidenced by every human being's nature. We do good deeds to impress others and feel good about ourselves, but our nature is still the same. Just some of us are more honest than others and don't try to pretend that we clean on the inside.

My one son born with bad kidneys and having to endure countless operations, wasn't blessed with a perfect body, yet he hasn't hardened his heart because of what life has dealt him. He doesn't blame God, but prods on with life and looks at all the blessings that he has received and does his best to survive.

My son who delved into drugs, and has been arrested more than once with DWI's/DUI's, has a "will" or "chooser". The very independent, voluntary nature given by His Creator. That son whom I love more than anything has broken my heart, and caused much stress, but he also proves a point that we/mankind are a fallen race. Disease racks many bodies, we also choose lifestyles by our own volition that threaten our life-span, etc.

God did not make man sinful, or make man flawed. Man chose to ignore his creator, and live for himself, and it resulted in God allowing this type of rebellious independence that was cursed with a sinful nature. The book of Romans in the N.T. flatly and clearly lays out the sequence. When man ignores God, he/man will spirial into a darkness of life and living. God just allows it. He doesn't push us. Also this downward spiral may be the way of our coming to our senses as we start to reassess our lives in an objective way for the first time without living in denial, and victimhood.

The moment that we turned away from God, we relinquished God's guidance, and also give up an innocent nature for a flawed, rebellious one. You, me, our children all are born with this flawed nature. God didn't push it on us. We didn't want his Lordship in our lives, and we got the resultant consolation prize for our ignorance, and stubbornness.

Your kid, my kid, have wills to chose right and wrong. No one forces them to put pills in their mouths or stick dirty needles in their arms. Everyday of our lives is a multitude of choices. Our lives can be ones of independent, rebelliousness, or they can be lives that are contrite, with humility, and thankfulness for being able to take another breath of air and seeing a rising son in the morning for another time.

Yet when babies are born with crack in their systems, or there's deformities, or cancer hits good living people, we are so quick to blame our Creator. "Why doesn't He fix this?"

God can heal anyone, He so determines, but if He did, us humans would lose out on some elementary principles of life, and would never mature beyond illiterate little brats. These life threatening or terrifying struggles that beset mankind, are allowe by our Creator to drive us to realize that we are weak, helpless creatures, in need of reconciliation with our Creator. Physical, mental, or emotional healing is secondary to spiritual health. The healthiest human body in the world can harbor the sickest soul.

Often sickness and ill fortune are the few things in life that knock us human beings off of our perverbial self-made pedestals of pride. As "Pride cometh before a fall", Pride also is evidence of our terrible character flaw, that lives a lie of life, thinking that life revolves around, "me".

If we really got down and got transparent about how we raised our kids, we'd have to admit that it's a miracle that our kids even end up surviving to adulthood in many cases. We as adults often are the biggest hypcrites to our kids. We tell them not to use drugs, yet we sip our Martinis, or High balls, or down a six pack of brewski's on a weekend. We tell them not to watch certain tv shows, but we watch them ourselves when the kids are fast asleep. We envy, we covet, we fanticize about things that are dark and embarrassing.......This is all the evidence of that nature that fell back when the first human couple decided to choose their own way over obedience to their Creator.
This little girl has some kind of gift. Why she is the way she is, with a mother who doesn't give a flying leap about God.........I don't know! Why didn't my drug user kid get blessed like this little girl? I don't know! Am I going to bitch about it, and get mad at God? No! God know's my kid better than I know him. He made my kid. I was just the sperm donor, and tried to raise him in a Christian home to honor, love and obey God via biblical principles. I did my best, but I'm not perfect. I didn't do it perfectly, but also my son was born as myself to become an independent thinking human being with his own will to choose yeah or nay.

Is there hope for my kid? Yes! Will he be a Rembrandt? Most likely not! Why? I don't know. I just love him and try to encourage him when he does positive things in his life, and try to not boss him around when he's making wrong decisions. I didn't become a Christian by my merit. It was Jesus who made me acceptable to God, through my faith in Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

I responded to God's offer of salvation and restored relationship with Him through exercising my God given will in believing in Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life.

I hope some day that my son who jumps in and out of addiction will come around, that my two-time Kidney transplant son will come around, and that my med/research phd. son will come around too. I see glimmers of hope. I'm an older man now. All three sons are married. I can't treat them like children. I can't always give advice.

They have to live life, be hurt by their wrong decisions, and learn from them. God is always calling mankind to Himself, through life's tribulations. The only time we are interested in God is usually when we get in a terrible "jam". When we can't find a manmade way out, we scream for mercy, we all of a sudden acquire the ability to pray. God desires that we be dependent upon Him for our needs, because we really are helpless whether we know it or not.

Grace.......Unmerited favor. Somehow this little girl has been given much, and she hasn't ignored what she's been given. She expresses her gifts with a thankful heart, and seems to be desirous to glorify her Creator in reciprocation.
God is not our enemy, He awaits in the wings for His created humanity to respond to Him. God does not look at the outside of man to judge character, but looks at our inner man's/woman's/heart. That's where the rubber meets the road.
Believe it or not, God doesn't get mad at us because we get angry at Him. In retrospect, I believe He hopes that we will finally see things His way, as the bible says that He is perfect in His ways. He will not fail us, but it's God that sets the parameters of what we need and don't need, as we are the clay and He is the Potter.....Metaphorically speaking.

First up I should warn you that I see Christians and their co Abrahamic religionists as they see sinners – as satanic and the source of most evil in the world.

IMHO they are nothing but the distant descendants of an arrogant bunch of émigré Iraqis who, like the despicable Pommie Puritans, were run out of Iraq on a rail (see The Kabbalah) because of their intolerable religious intolerance and their insufferable sense of their own superiority

This doesn’t mean that I don’t I feel for you and your kids.

But I digress.

You do realise this post totally invalidated what you had posted previously:

Originally Posted by sitarro
How do nonbelievers, maybe "doctors and scientists", explain this incredible young lady? I would love to hear it.

Eightball:
I totally agree, but predictably, they will come up with some explanation that side-tracks any reference to divine intervention.

Anyway......what an amazing story!
- don’t you?

Here you claimed UNDESERVED divine intervention to explain Aki’s gift. Then, when asked for clarification on why he makes fish of one and fowl of another, you essentially come up with usual Christian cop-out of, “The Lord moves in mysterious ways!”

If being “saved” and a confidant of Jesus means anything but bragging rights and the totally unjustified social deference and ill-gotten gains that Christians get in our compulsory Christ-centred society, you should be able to come up with better than that!

If, as you maintain, that God can hypocritically suspend his supposedly immutable commandments on behalf of an atheistic mother and daughter, you also need to explain why he has punished the whole Henderson paternal line with alcoholism for centuries.

Having acknowledged that crack and kidney diseased babies start behind the eight ball by being BORN addicted, surely then, to be consistent, you must then freely acknowledge that God arbitrarily and sadistically inflicts innocent foetuses with all manner of diseases and congenital personality disorders, REGARDLESS of the “sins of their fathers.’ That God has never intended any such thing as an equal playing field and, as the Calvinists claim, salvation is predetermined no matter what we do or say.

And please, spare me the derisorily facile, second-hand Sumerian story of Creation as your mad-dog God’s feeble casus belli for the continuing and eternal genocide of his own kids.

What the fuck has the allegorical “original sin” of a Jewish Adam eating an apple, and spinelessly letting his missus cop the insanely inspired consequences, got to do with me and my exclusive Scottish ancestry - seeing religion is patently geographically determined? I mean, clearly The Apple of all Knowledge would become The Haggis of all Ken in my ancestor's Scottish Highlands!

Indeed, ask yourself why you, an untouchable Goy in Biblical lore, are worshipping a work-shy woman-hating Hebrew, who hung out with the pussy paranoid contemporary Village People, and who wouldn’t even have given you the steam off his shit if you were dying of thirst. Especially seeing that you are, most probably, virulently anti-Semitic in that you believe that the recalcitrant Kikes are gonna “get theirs” when the Anglo-Celtic Jesus returns on his White Charger to redeem his sickeningly obsequious Souper supporters.

First up I should warn you that I see Christians and their co Abrahamic religionists as they see sinners – as satanic and the source of most evil in the world.

IMHO they are nothing but the distant descendants of an arrogant bunch of émigré Iraqis who, like the despicable Pommie Puritans, were run out of Iraq on a rail (see The Kabbalah) because of their intolerable religious intolerance and their insufferable sense of their own superiority

This doesn’t mean that I don’t I feel for you and your kids.

But I digress.

You do realise this post totally invalidated what you had posted previously:

Eightball: - don’t you?

Here you claimed UNDESERVED divine intervention to explain Aki’s gift. Then, when asked for clarification on why he makes fish of one and fowl of another, you essentially come up with usual Christian cop-out of, “The Lord moves in mysterious ways!”

If being “saved” and a confidant of Jesus means anything but bragging rights and the totally unjustified social deference and ill-gotten gains that Christians get in our compulsory Christ-centred society, you should be able to come up with better than that!

If, as you maintain, that God can hypocritically suspend his supposedly immutable commandments on behalf of an atheistic mother and daughter, you also need to explain why he has punished the whole Henderson paternal line with alcoholism for centuries.

Having acknowledged that crack and kidney diseased babies start behind the eight ball by being BORN addicted, surely then, to be consistent, you must then freely acknowledge that God arbitrarily and sadistically inflicts innocent foetuses with all manner of diseases and congenital personality disorders, REGARDLESS of the “sins of their fathers.’ That God has never intended any such thing as an equal playing field and, as the Calvinists claim, salvation is predetermined no matter what we do or say.

And please, spare me the derisorily facile, second-hand Sumerian story of Creation as your mad-dog God’s feeble casus belli for the continuing and eternal genocide of his own kids.

What the fuck has the allegorical “original sin” of a Jewish Adam eating an apple, and spinelessly letting his missus cop the insanely inspired consequences, got to do with me and my exclusive Scottish ancestry? - seeing religion is patently geographically determined? I mean, clearly The Apple of all Knowledge would become The Haggis of all Ken in my ancestor's Scottish Highlands!

Indeed, ask yourself why you, an untouchable Goy in Biblical lore, are worshipping a work-shy woman-hating Hebrew, who hung out with the pussy paranoid contemporary Village People, and who wouldn’t even have given you the steam off his shit if you were dying of thirst. Especially seeing that you are, most probably, virulently anti-Semitic in that you believe that the recalcitrant Kikes are gonna “get theirs” when the Anglo-Celtic Jesus returns on his White Charger to redeem his sickeningly obsequious Souper supporters.

Your entire reply to me is one misunderstanding heaped upon another, my friend.

I can't agree with you enough about the pompous attitudes of those that claim to be Christians.

As for mysteries, you may call that a patent, cop-out, yet I have no answers, and just think of the answer in terms of a personal mystery to me.

Why is their air, as Bill Cosby titled one of his famous LP's back in the 60's..........Just because one is a Christian, doesn't give them a "handle" on the mysteries of molecular science, or why one is plagued with undeserved tribulation and another does not. I don't know why the bad guys get away with stuff while the good guys get caught or plagued with so many misfortunes. I do know that God definitely says that "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". He will be the ultimate judge of man's actions. He will be the one to get an ounce or a pound of flesh, and it's not our job. Wrongs against the weak will be met with punishment......Yet it may not come in our lifetime, but it is promised to happen. The evil will not escape judgement or recompense for their deeds. That's a scriptural fact both in the O.T. and N.T..

As for my mentioning the plights of my sons, I didn't use them as an example to deflect any criticism of my faith. I wasn't looking for any pity, but used them as an example that life is not easy for anyone. Christians don't live a charmed life, because they have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. In fact many times, even more tribulation comes to bonafide Christians than those that are not Christians. Peter stated in one of his epistles in the N.T. that Christians shouldn't be surprised at the firey ordeals that come for no reason into their lives, as these are God's loving actions to produce perserverance, patience, and long suffering into their character. Earthly life is not a garden party. Its a trial ground. We often reap what we sow, and sometimes reap things we didn't sow. All along, our Creator is allowing these things in our lives to either drive us to dependence upon Him or to drive us to seek salvation through His Son for our sorrowful state of attitude, and life.

You have some strong feelings/thoughts about Christians/Christianity, and I'm not here to be an apologist for the faith, except to possibly correct any misunderstanding that you might have acquired through whatever references, of information that you gleened.

I will say that the age old axe that's ground against Christians is always, these folks did this or that and they were Christians.

What defines a Christian.......Well, the atrocities of the past and present that are usually mentioned in respect to Christians, never are ever analyzed to see if those that did X,Y, or Z in Jesus's name were really Christians.

Hitler thought he was a Christian.....yet his life did not reflect one ounce of Jesus's teaching.

Jesus said that many will call on Him at the end, and say, "Lord Lord", yet He will reply, "I don't know you!".

That's pitiful, scarey, and very sad. Many think because they were immersed in a river or bath tub of water and baptised, or sprinkled over the head that this magically made them Christians. That's no different than the philosophy of the Jewish teachers that Jesus contended with 2,000 years ago. Salvation is earned by good works. Salvation come through a contrite/repentant heart and a deep hearted belief in Jesus as the only way. Jesus Himself said that He was the only way to God. Not Buddah, Chrisna, Mohammed, John Lennon, etc..

Folks call themselves Christians, based on many criterias, but the bible has only one definition, and it's what the author of Christianity, or Christ Himself defined it as.

He/Christ said that to be a Christian, one must be "born again" or "born from above". The religious teachers of His day were dumb-founded by this remark. Instead of understanding this metaphorical explanation of a spiritual rebirth of a human, they interpretted literally this Jesus, as meaning one must somehow come out of the womb of their mothers once again. Just check out the discourse between Nicodemus and Jesus. Nicodemus was a knowledgeable Pharisee, yet he was spiritually blind, as was all of mankind.

kaballah....Ambrahamic this or that.........Jesus's message didn't involve conspiracies or any hidden movement. It was plain and simple. He was sent from God, He was God's son, His life, death, burial, and ressurrection was accurately propheside hundreds of years before His birth in Bethelehem......etc. Not just one, but many O.T. prophets, prophesized His coming. Even the manner of his death was clearly written hundreds of years before His incarnation/birth.

I clearly gave you the reason that man is plagued with all misfortune and alleged undeserved maladies. We are a fallen race, according to the bible.

If you don't accept the bible as God's inspired Word, then we don't have a basis of understanding or coherent discourse in this area. The Christian God = Bad.

Your previous posts seem to indicate an anger at God or maybe it's the God as revealed in bible scripture. This God doesn't seem to meet your needs nor the needs of those you love or hold special in life, as you mentioned a child with addictions. It is a very sad state to have one that is afflicted by disease or even by their own choice bring it upon themselves. We all pray for mercy from God above. There's no atheists in fox holes in the midst of deadly warfare. When pressed to the limits of life, we all cry out for answers. God seems mute, or quiet often in our opinions, yet maybe we aren't attuned or literate to the way God communicates to us. Maybe it's us that have moved away from God, and not the other way around? Maybe it's us that have chosen to determine our future and have decided to be our own security, peace, and happiness, without the inclusion of our Creator's influence?

All I know, is that God isn't trying to fight with us. He's actually not changed from eternity past to eternity now, or eternity future. He's the same yesterday, today, and forever. He's patient with us, even though we can really dish out the ballistics at Him.

In fact if He's so terrible, why do we still exist in one piece here on earth? If we have a terrifying smiteful Creator, why do we continue to exist here on this terrestrial ball called earth? Why didn't He wipe the slate clean years ago, if He's such an ogre? It's something to think about, isn't it?

Never the less, I come from the direction of belief that there is a Creator, He made all things living and inorganic too. All existence, or consciousness is His doing.

With that established, for some reason His human creation that was endowed with such brainyness, and forethought, decided that they didn't need His care, and direction anymore, and could go it alone. Humanity's disobedience, brought a spiritual death upon them as they/humanity chose to go it alone, not by God's will, but humanity's.

God's work of sending His Son to die for us was His incredible means of reconciling us back to Him. Again, the ball is in our court. We can make up all kinds of excuses, blame so-called Christians for atrocities, and other abhorant things to avoid our own accountability and denial, or we can look honestly at scripture.

Chip: This may seem like a bunch of hogwash, but then again, if you did a little investigation, I don't think it would hurt you. The worst that would happen is that you'd be more informed about the Christian faith, and better apt to defend your position against it. A little is nice, but can lead us to misconceptions.

There are religions and their's a relatioship with God. I pick having the relationship. I didn't deserve to have it, but God in His revealed mercy/nature offered it to me and the whole of mankind. I'm not better than anyone else, but my state of being is compared to many. It drives me to humility, not pride and haughtiness. Grace is unmerited favor. That's how all humans come to God for salvation. Not by our merit. We have none to offer. For it's by grace through faith that one is saved to eternal life, not by living a "goody two shoes" life. God is no respector of man's deeds or lives.......we come as empty, thirsty vessels, in need of filling.

What a wonderfully positive world you live in.......how nice to be you. It is all about you isn't it chip(obviously named for that enormous chunk sitting on your shoulder).

I find your comment exceedingly hypocritical. Seeing as you and your self-designated "sainted" co-Christians could change your ogre God's mind in an instant about Holocausting sinners, if you all got some guts and ganged up on him. :eusa_think:

Instead you hysterically and sycophantically shriek, “Fuck the sinners, wymin, and kids. Every man (guffaw!) for himself” - as you cravenly scramble over their drowning bodies to get onto your genocidal God’s yellow lifeboat to Glory Land.

And don’t say it can’t be done. The biblical Kikes had Jewhovah's supposedly immutable mind changing more times than the neo-con’s excuse for invading “Eye Wrack” in his self-humiliating haggling with these disgusting Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves.:badgrin:

Your entire reply to me is one misunderstanding heaped upon another, my friend.

I can't agree with you enough about the pompous attitudes of those that claim to be Christians.

As for mysteries, you may call that a patent, cop-out, yet I have no answers, and just think of the answer in terms of a personal mystery to me.

Why is their air, as Bill Cosby titled one of his famous LP's back in the 60's..........Just because one is a Christian, doesn't give them a "handle" on the mysteries of molecular science, or why one is plagued with undeserved tribulation and another does not. I don't know why the bad guys get away with stuff while the good guys get caught or plagued with so many misfortunes. I do know that God definitely says that "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". He will be the ultimate judge of man's actions. He will be the one to get an ounce or a pound of flesh, and it's not our job. Wrongs against the weak will be met with punishment......Yet it may not come in our lifetime, but it is promised to happen. The evil will not escape judgement or recompense for their deeds. That's a scriptural fact both in the O.T. and N.T..

As for my mentioning the plights of my sons, I didn't use them as an example to deflect any criticism of my faith. I wasn't looking for any pity, but used them as an example that life is not easy for anyone. Christians don't live a charmed life, because they have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. In fact many times, even more tribulation comes to bonafide Christians than those that are not Christians. Peter stated in one of his epistles in the N.T. that Christians shouldn't be surprised at the firey ordeals that come for no reason into their lives, as these are God's loving actions to produce perserverance, patience, and long suffering into their character. Earthly life is not a garden party. Its a trial ground. We often reap what we sow, and sometimes reap things we didn't sow. All along, our Creator is allowing these things in our lives to either drive us to dependence upon Him or to drive us to seek salvation through His Son for our sorrowful state of attitude, and life.

You have some strong feelings/thoughts about Christians/Christianity, and I'm not here to be an apologist for the faith, except to possibly correct any misunderstanding that you might have acquired through whatever references, of information that you gleened.

I will say that the age old axe that's ground against Christians is always, these folks did this or that and they were Christians.

What defines a Christian.......Well, the atrocities of the past and present that are usually mentioned in respect to Christians, never are ever analyzed to see if those that did X,Y, or Z in Jesus's name were really Christians.

Hitler thought he was a Christian.....yet his life did not reflect one ounce of Jesus's teaching.

Jesus said that many will call on Him at the end, and say, "Lord Lord", yet He will reply, "I don't know you!".

That's pitiful, scarey, and very sad. Many think because they were immersed in a river or bath tub of water and baptised, or sprinkled over the head that this magically made them Christians. That's no different than the philosophy of the Jewish teachers that Jesus contended with 2,000 years ago. Salvation is earned by good works. Salvation come through a contrite/repentant heart and a deep hearted belief in Jesus as the only way. Jesus Himself said that He was the only way to God. Not Buddah, Chrisna, Mohammed, John Lennon, etc..

Folks call themselves Christians, based on many criterias, but the bible has only one definition, and it's what the author of Christianity, or Christ Himself defined it as.

He/Christ said that to be a Christian, one must be "born again" or "born from above". The religious teachers of His day were dumb-founded by this remark. Instead of understanding this metaphorical explanation of a spiritual rebirth of a human, they interpretted literally this Jesus, as meaning one must somehow come out of the womb of their mothers once again. Just check out the discourse between Nicodemus and Jesus. Nicodemus was a knowledgeable Pharisee, yet he was spiritually blind, as was all of mankind.

kaballah....Ambrahamic this or that.........Jesus's message didn't involve conspiracies or any hidden movement. It was plain and simple. He was sent from God, He was God's son, His life, death, burial, and ressurrection was accurately propheside hundreds of years before His birth in Bethelehem......etc. Not just one, but many O.T. prophets, prophesized His coming. Even the manner of his death was clearly written hundreds of years before His incarnation/birth.

I clearly gave you the reason that man is plagued with all misfortune and alleged undeserved maladies. We are a fallen race, according to the bible.

If you don't accept the bible as God's inspired Word, then we don't have a basis of understanding or coherent discourse in this area. The Christian God = Bad.

Your previous posts seem to indicate an anger at God or maybe it's the God as revealed in bible scripture. This God doesn't seem to meet your needs nor the needs of those you love or hold special in life, as you mentioned a child with addictions. It is a very sad state to have one that is afflicted by disease or even by their own choice bring it upon themselves. We all pray for mercy from God above. There's no atheists in fox holes in the midst of deadly warfare. When pressed to the limits of life, we all cry out for answers. God seems mute, or quiet often in our opinions, yet maybe we aren't attuned or literate to the way God communicates to us. Maybe it's us that have moved away from God, and not the other way around? Maybe it's us that have chosen to determine our future and have decided to be our own security, peace, and happiness, without the inclusion of our Creator's influence?

All I know, is that God isn't trying to fight with us. He's actually not changed from eternity past to eternity now, or eternity future. He's the same yesterday, today, and forever. He's patient with us, even though we can really dish out the ballistics at Him.

In fact if He's so terrible, why do we still exist in one piece here on earth? If we have a terrifying smiteful Creator, why do we continue to exist here on this terrestrial ball called earth? Why didn't He wipe the slate clean years ago, if He's such an ogre? It's something to think about, isn't it?

Never the less, I come from the direction of belief that there is a Creator, He made all things living and inorganic too. All existence, or consciousness is His doing.

With that established, for some reason His human creation that was endowed with such brainyness, and forethought, decided that they didn't need His care, and direction anymore, and could go it alone. Humanity's disobedience, brought a spiritual death upon them as they/humanity chose to go it alone, not by God's will, but humanity's.

God's work of sending His Son to die for us was His incredible means of reconciling us back to Him. Again, the ball is in our court. We can make up all kinds of excuses, blame so-called Christians for atrocities, and other abhorant things to avoid our own accountability and denial, or we can look honestly at scripture.

Chip: This may seem like a bunch of hogwash, but then again, if you did a little investigation, I don't think it would hurt you. The worst that would happen is that you'd be more informed about the Christian faith, and better apt to defend your position against it. A little is nice, but can lead us to misconceptions.

There are religions and their's a relatioship with God. I pick having the relationship. I didn't deserve to have it, but God in His revealed mercy/nature offered it to me and the whole of mankind. I'm not better than anyone else, but my state of being is compared to many. It drives me to humility, not pride and haughtiness. Grace is unmerited favor. That's how all humans come to God for salvation. Not by our merit. We have none to offer. For it's by grace through faith that one is saved to eternal life, not by living a "goody two shoes" life. God is no respector of man's deeds or lives.......we come as empty, thirsty vessels, in need of filling.

Do you know how many times that is now that I have now heard the IDENTICAL Christian condescension coming from some poor beetle-browed bible-basher, who would be just as rabidly preaching Allah’s praises if he had been born in Baghdad? :eusa_doh:

Joe McDoakes said:
If you don't accept the bible as God's inspired Word, then we don't have a basis of understanding or coherent discourse in this area.

Translation: If you don’t hear the divine (...almost indistinguishable from my own virtuous voice!) voices that I hear, then you are evidently “evil” and my God - who logically agrees 100% with my totalitarian outlook on living - is gonna get you in the end.

In the meantime, me and my fundie mates, acting on behalf of our imaginary Fuhrer in the firmament, will do all in our power to force our fear-driven “faith” down your satanic oesophagus.

Do you know how many times that is now that I have now heard the IDENTICAL Christian condescension coming from some poor beetle-browed bible-basher, who would be just as rabidly preaching Allah’s praises if he had been born in Baghdad? :eusa_doh:

Joe McDoakes said:

Translation: If you don’t hear the divine (...almost indistinguishable from my own virtuous voice!) voices that I hear, then you are evidently “evil” and my God - who logically agrees 100% with my totalitarian outlook on living - is gonna get you in the end.

In the meantime, me and my fundie mates, acting on behalf of our imaginary Fuhrer in the firmament, will do all in our power to force our fear-driven “faith” down your satanic oesophagus.

I think your closer to finding the truth than you realize.

When you do find it, you'll realize that those that you mock are far from considering themselves virtuous, in fact in more ways than one the realization that our lives have no meritorious virtue to God becomes even greater in impact as we travel the path of this faith called Christianity.

Mother Teresa, humbled herself and cared for the forgotten, and lowest of class in India. She didn't do it for public Kudo's or headlines........It was a love of God in her that drove her to express so much merciful care to the "untouchables" of the streets of India's vast cities.

Her life was beautiful, yet abhorrant to those that don't understand the life in Christ.

They mock those that believe in this Jewish Carpenter who turned the world upside down. They mock the faith by pointing-out the "wack jobs" as "Christian examples" that use Jesus as their mantra, but are further from Christianity than the Arctic is from the Antarctic.

Chip:
A Christian's virtue is not something earned, but a gift, not of a Christians earned merit, but a work of God's grace, or unmerited favor. Christians have nothing to brag about, except to brag about the One that saved them. Why, because God is reconciling human kind back to Him through His Son. Folks like you and me have to humble ourselves before the cross, and be transparent and quit arguing, mocking and fighting with God. Some have taken the plunge of belief/faith, and others haven't...........out of fear, in most cases. We live a life of having ourselves at the center, and now God says, that we must give up ourselves as the center and make His Son the center(Lord of our lives). It's a most serious decision. Pride takes a back seat, honesty with oneself must come to the forefront.

Hope you'll consider the options........?

I think your closer to finding the truth than you realize.

When you do find it, you'll realize that those that you mock are far from considering themselves virtuous, in fact in more ways than one the realization that our lives have no meritorious virtue to God becomes even greater in impact as we travel the path of this faith called Christianity.

Mother Teresa, humbled herself and cared for the forgotten, and lowest of class in India. She didn't do it for public Kudo's or headlines........It was a love of God in her that drove her to express so much merciful care to the "untouchables" of the streets of India's vast cities.

Her life was beautiful, yet abhorrant to those that don't understand the life in Christ.

They mock those that believe in this Jewish Carpenter who turned the world upside down. They mock the faith by pointing-out the "wack jobs" as "Christian examples" that use Jesus as their mantra, but are further from Christianity than the Arctic is from the Antarctic.

Chip:
A Christian's virtue is not something earned, but a gift, not of a Christians earned merit, but a work of God's grace, or unmerited favor. Christians have nothing to brag about, except to brag about the One that saved them. Why, because God is reconciling human kind back to Him through His Son. Folks like you and me have to humble ourselves before the cross, and be transparent and quit arguing, mocking and fighting with God. Some have taken the plunge of belief/faith, and others haven't...........out of fear, in most cases. We live a life of having ourselves at the center, and now God says, that we must give up ourselves as the center and make His Son the center(Lord of our lives). It's a most serious decision. Pride takes a back seat, honesty with oneself must come to the forefront.

Hope you'll consider the options........?

I'm almost there, you reckon?

I’ve got news for you, Elmer Gantry. I’ve been "there" and “born-again” more times than you’ve had breakfasts. More times even than your shiftless soshallust Saviour free-loaded meals from famished peasants.

For example, every time I made an utter drop-kick outta myself on the booze, I’d cravenly regress to my childhood Christian inculcation and get bored-again, hoping that "He" would, as the A.A Steps insist, "save" me from my sinful addiction.

As usual, nothing happened because - it is patently apparent - G-e-e-zus is powerless over alcohol. Otherwise pseudo Christian A.A. would save far more than the 2-3 % of the drunks that they do.

Then I finally figured out that even a down-and-out drunk in the DT’s, like me, was/is a far better bloke than that murdering Bedouin bastard, that you worship, ever was/is.

And so, essentially to please a disapproving Christian society, I tapped into my supposedly non-existent alcoholic willpower and transubstantiated myself from being a naive drunk, who thought "decent" people's insides matched their outsides, into a nauseatingly decent but agnostic member of our compulsory Christian society.

Thanks to my own miraculous transcendental intercession, I haven’t had a drink or drug in 21 years come June 17th. PRAISE CHIPS!! GIVE CHIPS ANOTHER "CHIP!!"

Ya know, you’d show far more sense worshipping sacred Me, or My Good Shepherds, Sam and Lochie, than that Semitic sheepherder's deity that you cowardly kow-tow to. Each of us has more principles in our little pinkies than your demonic deity has in its whole body(ies) :razz:

Forum List

Back