Zone1 This is why I don't go to church

In my opinion, the stupidity is getting worse with the current craze over "Toxic Masculinity". I have yet to meet a toxic male, just the opposite. When I was younger and pointed out a pay scale seemed unfair to females, it was the males in my life who agreed and they were the ones than made sure it changed. Meanwhile, a few of the females were telling me I should be happy with what I was getting.

Looking at information available in my own genealogy, I also came to the conclusion that "oppression of women" was also a myth. My female ancestors were executors, did sail the ocean without being accompanied by a male, explored the wilderness, etc. In our country, before Utah became a state, women of all races were voting.

It is not the opposite sex that is the problem, it is the government. The husband of our vice-president thinks his special project will be to deal with "Toxic Masculinity." Leave it to the government to be so stupid.

I don't know what means an expression like "toxic masculinity" - I prefer "knights", "cavaliers", "gentlemen" but I'm a racist in context of "men". My automatic stimulus-response scheme when I hear the word "man" is "idiot". Here a man who is not an idiot but he is playing very bad the piano. Nobody is perfect.

I consider myself a very spiritual person. I felt Christianity extremely limited my spirituality.

Can you give me a concrete example for this?

Belief in a character like Jesus is portrayed only allows one to parrot back a truly limited notion of spirituality. I believe most people are coming around to that belief.

There are no "saving ordinances" other than Jesus' saving death on the Cross, first.

Second, it is of primary important to find a church that believes and preaches the above. It's not about "wants and needs" for true Christians. It's about important issues. Sadly, too many churches in 21st century America preach straight nonsense that is not Christian.
So, you deny the truth of the words of Jesus Christ? Baptism is a saving ordinance. Giving the Gift of the Holy Ghost or baptism by fire is a saving ordinance. Blessing the Sacraments of baptism and atonement are saving ordinances. Blessing the sick and afflicted and those who have cause to morn are saving ordinances. The physical act of the Laying on of Hands" are saving ordinances. The binding on earth with authority to bind in heaven such as husbands and wives and children less the earth be smitten with a curse. So, what is an ordinance? It comes from the word "Order." The house of God is a house of order and a house of prayer. We cannot enter into the house of God if we have not been orderly baptized meaning by one with authority from God to baptize. All ordinances do revolve around the atonement of Jesus Christ. But, they are pearls of great price acts by one upon another with authority to act in the power of God known as priesthood.

Did you assume he was going to do a background check, pull your twitter comments or send an undercover onto USMB? You're not living in Canada so you are probably fine. If you liked the service, better to at least ask him what he meant by the comment. I guess walking out is seconnd best option really if it bothered you, but still...

So, you deny the truth of the words of Jesus Christ? Baptism is a saving ordinance. Giving the Gift of the Holy Ghost or baptism by fire is a saving ordinance. Blessing the Sacraments of baptism and atonement are saving ordinances. Blessing the sick and afflicted and those who have cause to morn are saving ordinances. The physical act of the Laying on of Hands" are saving ordinances. The binding on earth with authority to bind in heaven such as husbands and wives and children less the earth be smitten with a curse. So, what is an ordinance? It comes from the word "Order." The house of God is a house of order and a house of prayer. We cannot enter into the house of God if we have not been orderly baptized meaning by one with authority from God to baptize. All ordinances do revolve around the atonement of Jesus Christ. But, they are pearls of great price acts by one upon another with authority to act in the power of God known as priesthood.

Yeah well, so says Joseph Smith, mystical gazer of rocks in hats.

No thanks to that.

Yeah well, so says Joseph Smith, mystical gazer of rocks in hats.

No thanks to that.
Do you even know the definition of "Ordinance?" :no_text11: is the answer. Why can't you simply stick to the topic. It was your ridiculous statement about ordinances. John 3:5, "5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Now, go ahead and be stupid. Did Joseph Smith say this? No. But, Joseph Smith taught that baptism is essential to obtain eternal life, both by water emersion and by the Holy Ghost (Fire) by the laying on of hands. It is you that says the Bible is all you need. Yet, you reject it when it doesn't fit your narrative.

Do you even know the definition of "Ordinance?" :no_text11: is the answer. Why can't you simply stick to the topic. It was your ridiculous statement about ordinances. John 3:5, "5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Now, go ahead and be stupid. Did Joseph Smith say this? No. But, Joseph Smith taught that baptism is essential to obtain eternal life, both by water emersion and by the Holy Ghost (Fire) by the laying on of hands. It is you that says the Bible is all you need. Yet, you reject it when it doesn't fit your narrative.

The Spirit of God does not come by laying on of hands.

If THAT is the case, then you are proposing that God is controlled by what man does.

Joseph Smith made that up, and I reject it.

The Spirit of God does not come by laying on of hands.

If THAT is the case, then you are proposing that God is controlled by what man does.

Joseph Smith made that up, and I reject it.
"And when Simon the sorcerer saw that the Holy Ghost was conveyed by the laying on of the Apostles' hands, he offered them money, saying: 'Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay my hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.' " (Acts 8:19-20.) Oh ouch!!! the gift of the Holy Ghost comes by what did the Bible say? The laying on of hands...
I also noticed you skipped by baptism by water. Guess you thought you would quickly skip past this required ordinance to enter into the kingdom of God.
Joseph Smith simply took the word of the Lord when being instructed restoring the Lord's Church to the earth. Faith, Repentance, baptism by water and the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands is what Joseph Smith taught and brought back with authority. So, your stupid statement about God being controlled by man is false. If God were here he'd tell it to your face you are some kind of sinner, the sign says. :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back